• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

UBR stock removal Help Please. Slotted Screw will not budge.

MindCrime

Banned !
I have a Sig 716 Precision that came with a UBR stock installed from the Factory. I want to remove it and install a PRS stock to make the Sig 716 PMR more Tactical. I prefer the Solid PRS stock over the retractable UBR stock.

I can not remove the slotted screw that holds the upper UBR tube piece onto the Tube Extension. I tried using a padded Vice and a very large long handle screw driver and could not budge that screw. I even put on some thick rubber gloves to get a better grip and I gave it all my might only to have the screw driver spin off. That screw will not budge. I tried a couple different flat blade Standard screw drivers with no luck.

I think Sig may have put some Red Loc-Tite on this screw because I can't budge it.

Any suggestions?

Thank for your help.

Hit it with a torch, then try to take it off. If its locktited in, a benzomatic propane torch will break down the Locktite enough for you to remove it.

I'll tell you what, send it to me and I'll remove it. I'll just keep the ubr as payment. HAHA

You just need a heat gun, a blow dryer may work, but it'll take some time. Once you get it heated up, it'll come out easily. Stay away from the torch.

If you drill it i will bet that the stub will screw out by hand. The taper of the screw is what is holding. Same as a tierod end or balljoint.