• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

UFC

Re: UFC

GSP could have broken Hardy's arms if he wanted to and possible ended his career. He was toying with him! He is not the type of man to end someone career so he just gave him a sound beating.

Hardy is trash anyways, not as good as he thinks!
Glad to see Mir get KOed, AGAIN! He is a loud mouthed punk.

I thought the fights were pretty good this time. Can't wait to see the next Carwin fight!
grin.gif
Who's next for GSP?

I can't wait either. I hope he will shut Lesnar up once and for all. Lesnar just brings too much of the wrestling drama into it and takes the sportsmanship out of it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jkkfam89</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Carwin is a beast and will destroy Lesnar! Can't wait. </div></div>

I hope so. I'm a Frank Mir fan-but he definitely couldn't back up his claims this time. He had nothing for Carwin.I'll bet his head hurts today. What a fucking animal.

I wonder if they'll ever add a superheavy weight class with all this new talent.

Carwin is pretty awesome......but damn, Lesnar still looked huge next to him at the end of the fight.

You guys are forgetting about Cain Velasquez.

Oh, forgot to add that GSP is a manimal. It is going to be hard to find someone to beat him, but I have been saying that for a while.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mgd45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Carwin is pretty awesome......but damn, Lesnar still looked huge next to him at the end of the fight. </div></div>

I knew Corwin was HUGE but he looked like a little bitch next to Lesnar at the end. I'm excited to see the battle. Shane's got some power too, but it will be interesting none the less. I cant help but cheer for Brock being a SD boy, but his WWE persona just doesnt help his cause at all.

GSP = RIDICULOUS...SIMPLY RIDICULOUS.

I think if Carwin gets some solid hits in, he can do it easily. He just has to survive the initial freight train charge from Lesnar and keep from getting sat on.

Brock is definitely a little bigger than Carwin but the post-fight interview wasn't the best way to determine the size difference between the two fighters. Brock had shoes on with a sport coat while Carwin was slouching during the interview.

Everyone talks about Brock having a huge advantage on the ground but Carwin was a D-II national wrestling champion. He is also a full-time engineer and he just trains on the side while most of the other fighters train full-time. I'm definitely looking forward to the fight between the two and rooting for the local guy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TNTt321</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Brock is definitely a little bigger than Carwin but the post-fight interview wasn't the best way to determine the size difference between the two fighters. Brock had shoes on with a sport coat while Carwin was slouching during the interview.

Everyone talks about Brock having a huge advantage on the ground but Carwin was a D-II national wrestling champion. He is also a full-time engineer and he just trains on the side while most of the other fighters train full-time. I'm definitely looking forward to the fight between the two and rooting for the local guy. </div></div>

Brock was a D1 wrestling champion.....
It makes no difference if you are slouching or have a coat on. He is physically bigger then Carwin. Read their stats! If Carwin can get to Brock it will be interesting. But if Brock lands punches its over. His reach will be to long for Carwins to get close.

Carwin pounded the shit out of Mir in the clench-his short punches were like sledge hammers. It would be nice to see Lesnar toe to toe with Carwin. Without that freight train charge Lesnar wouldn't have beat Mir. My guess Carwin won't have to worry about round two if he can stop that bumrush.

It's going to be really hard to find someone to beat GSP. Everybody stands a puncher's chance against him, but to just fight him and win? I have yet to see anyone match his overwhelming drive to be the best. The way he trains, the way he studies his opponents, the way he listens to his coach, and the way he stays focused on the fight at all times all make him one of the toughest opponents in the UFC. He dismantles his opponents' strengths, takes advantage of their weaknesses, and then beats them either by stoppage or by points. Nobody is unbeatable, but with the exception of a good punch or a momentary lack of concentration, I don't see him losing the belt anytime soon. It' also tough to find someone with enough class to win graciously like he does.

I like Mir alright, but I wasn't disappointed to see Carwin stomp the crap out of someone. If Carwin can keep Lesnar's mass off him and stay off the ground, he has a chance against him. Stuff the takedowns, be patient, and wait for a good opening to get inside on him, and I think Carwin could treat Lesnar like he treated Mir. I would love every second of it, too.

Lesnar has a style that works, which is use your weight to put your opponent on the ground, then don't let them up and pound them til the ref feels sorry for the guy and calls the fight. If Lesnar was 50-100 lbs smaller, Machida, Silva, St. Pierre, or Penn could have eaten him for breakfast by now and not broken a sweat. Like I said, his style works but it's ugly. Ugly like his sportsmanship in the ring. He may be an alright guy outside the show, but I can't stand anyone who acts like that after a match - win or lose.

Lately I have lost a lot of interest in the UFC. I used t watch the show and pay for all the fights (for about 5 years) but I haven't even cared about it for the last 6 or so months. I think I lost interest when Anderson "the spider" Silva just ran away from whoever during a fight and somehow he got the win. It had a corrupt feeling to it that drove me away.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spazz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's going to be really hard to find someone to beat GSP. Everybody stands a puncher's chance against him, but to just fight him and win? I have yet to see anyone match his overwhelming drive to be the best. The way he trains, the way he studies his opponents, the way he listens to his coach, and the way he stays focused on the fight at all times all make him one of the toughest opponents in the UFC. He dismantles his opponents' strengths, takes advantage of their weaknesses, and then beats them either by stoppage or by points. Nobody is unbeatable, but with the exception of a good punch or a momentary lack of concentration, I don't see him losing the belt anytime soon. It' also tough to find someone with enough class to win graciously like he does.

I like Mir alright, but I wasn't disappointed to see Carwin stomp the crap out of someone. If Carwin can keep Lesnar's mass off him and stay off the ground, he has a chance against him. Stuff the takedowns, be patient, and wait for a good opening to get inside on him, and I think Carwin could treat Lesnar like he treated Mir. I would love every second of it, too.

Lesnar has a style that works, which is use your weight to put your opponent on the ground, then don't let them up and pound them til the ref feels sorry for the guy and calls the fight. If Lesnar was 50-100 lbs smaller, Machida, Silva, St. Pierre, or Penn could have eaten him for breakfast by now and not broken a sweat. Like I said, his style works but it's ugly. Ugly like his sportsmanship in the ring. He may be an alright guy outside the show, but I can't stand anyone who acts like that after a match - win or lose. </div></div>

Spazz, Your post is the most accurate assessment of the current UFC situation. Your opinions are sound and you back them up with facts. THIS is the way to discuss MMA. Mad props to you. You know what you're talking about. Cheers, Shank.

Thanks, Shankster. I just call it like I see it.

Brock is a great athlete as well - regardless of whether he is taking, has taken, or never has taken steroids, his physique, raw athleticism, and power are enviable; but also not unbeatable. He's a sloppy fighter, and I think nearly anybody walking around built like that would stand just as much of a chance in the octagon as he does. He <span style="font-style: italic">should not</span> have the UFC Heavyweight title right now. He should just now be getting the chance to fight for it. He's beaten Mir, Herring, and Couture - I'll give you the first 2 as being a couple of today's top heavyweights. It's not fair to anyone to get a debut fight (only their second pro MMA fight) as a title fight. It's ridiculous. Let them work for it like everyone else.

I would love to see Fedor vs Brock. I couldn't agree more about him getting such an unearned title fight. But Danas become the DonKing of MMA so anything for a buck.