• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Ugly ass recovery (formerly Scared shitless)

Shoulda had a plastics guy work on that face... 😉

now that you are awake and doing good, the standard Hide ball bustin has resumed. 🤣🤣🤣

Glad it all went well and things improved so quick. Darn impressive.
usually the longer between “need” surgery and getting it, the longer it can take to come back.

Had a friend go through this a few years back. He said if he had any idea he would end up feeling so much better, he'd of done it years ago and not put up with the pain for so long. He said it was really sore for a while, but nowhere near as bad as what it had been. Hang in there!

Tired and sore but already notice improvement. Tingling in fingers is gone. Numbness in a couple of fingers, not all of them. The worst part was an hour ago when they pulled the JP drain. Profanity flowed forth freely! View attachment 7489566View attachment 7489563View attachment 7489563View attachment 7489565Heading home for care under the warden... I mean the wifey. I appreciate all the support, thoughts and prayers. Its just one of the reasons I love you beautiful fools.
I had the same drain in for three days due to bleeding.

Godspeed on your recovery.

Doc

Reactions: long range sponge
Tired and sore but already notice improvement. Tingling in fingers is gone. Numbness in a couple of fingers, not all of them. The worst part was an hour ago when they pulled the JP drain. Profanity flowed forth freely! View attachment 7489566View attachment 7489563View attachment 7489563View attachment 7489565Heading home for care under the warden... I mean the wifey. I appreciate all the support, thoughts and prayers. Its just one of the reasons I love you beautiful fools.
I am NOT beautiful!

Shoulda had a plastics guy work on that face... 😉
They said that task exceeded the capabilities of all local hospitals and surgical practices.😉

And if'n ya wanna talk "ugly ass recovery"... there is a colonoscopy thread in the bear pit; but I'd rest up before you hit that up.
When you say "hit that up", you referring to the thread or the colon part. Cause the wife ain't down for the booty play. 🤣🤣🤣

You need to find a REALLY good physical therapist. Trunk strengthening and pilates are your friend. Look up Dr. Robert Watkins/ Back Doctor/ Pain relief on the app store. This stuff will help, but get on the pilates, it will save your life.
My procedure wasn't as bad as yours, but this will help.

your alive ugly or not breathing is the only thing that matters . After that pain is a little problem ass raped by doctors while you were under you just imagined it , impregnated could raise a few alarms , but the big one is breathing . get well soon and remember it could always be worse at least till the guy in the next room comes running naked in your room trying to jump into your bed to hide from the nurse . :oops:

• Haha
Scheduled to go under the knife on Tuesday. I've never had surgery so I figured I'd make my first one a doozie. Having C4-C5 and C6-C7 disk replacements. Surgeon wanted to do a 3 level fusion but I quickly and politely told him to fuck right off. Wondering if any of you have had disk replacements, specifically cervical spine. What limitations am I looking at? I know replacements are supposed to be significantly better than fusions but still. I'm a nervous fucking wreck. Someone talk me down off the ledge. Lol.

While I haven’t had vertebrae replacement, I have had C6, C7 & T1 fused together. Word of advice.....#1) Please stay the F** away from any opiates they may(or may not?) prescribe for pain management. #2) For your own safety, WEAR the cervical collar if they give you one while in recovery. (I’m not certain if they immobilize your cervical spine post-surgery with vertebrae replacement, but they did with me for the fusion) Either way.....Your C3, 4 & 5 keep you alive!! So, if you are to wear a C-brace for X amount of days, WEAR IT.

Other than that, you may or may not lose some range of motion and have a very stiff neck post-surgery. Bottom line: stay away from the opiates and wear your brace, if provided one.

They gave me a soft collar for the first night but only to protect the JP drain. I've been without one since the morning after surgery. Definitely stiff in the neck, shoulders and middle of my back. I try to do small ROM exercises throughout the day. Norco as needed for pain but right now my friend is Robaxin. Looking forward to scheduling my first post-op massage. Hell, I'll just be glad when I can fully shower in a couple days when this hole from the JP scabs over! Lol.

Guessing I'm in typical condition. Throat is still sore. Muscles in my neck, shoulders and upper back are stiff. I'm able to get up fine and wander through the house. Trying to stay on top of my breathing exercises and ROM movements. WAP bath (weiner, ass, pits) today, full shower tomorrow! That should awaken the spirit.

Reactions: unrepentant
Sounds like it went OK (back surgery is like motorcycle accidents, anything you walk away from is a success...).

I wish you a fast recovery and a gentle physiotherapist!

Having had a few surgeries, I've picked up a couple useful tips along the way. For tight, painful muscles I would try the "Salonpas" patches. Those crazy things got me through a back surgery with no painkillers needed. Still use them on just about anything that hurts.

@DCAN I read your post so fast, initially I understood you got through "sack" surgery with no painkillers. Second go 'round and realized you had BACK surgery.

Reactions: DCAN
@DCAN I read your post so fast, initially I understood you got through "sack" surgery with no painkillers. Second go 'round and realized you had BACK surgery.
That's about the only part which hasn't been cut on! Yes, back surgery. L4-L5 about 20 years ago. Forgot to mention "Tiger Balm". They make a patch and a balm. Used a lot of that stuff over the years too.

Ok, probably something you haven't thought about but, stool softeners. With all the pain meds, it will make life a better when it comes time for number 2. Wish someone would have told me when I had my back fused. Also, listen to your Dr and physical therapist. There is no short cut for this type of stuff. Take it slow and you will be back faster than you think. Good luck, seriously.

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
I've been loading up on Miralax since 2 days prior to surgery. Lol. Herniated a lumbar disk in '12 which introduced me to opiate induced traffic jams.

I had a Pro-disc C placed C5/C6 in 2017 after falling off a military aircraft. Could tell immediate pain relief when I was in recovery. Stayed one night in the hospital. No pain medication after release as it makes me super sick. Doc told me to get out and walk, don't sit around and get stiff. No problems to date. Speedy recovery to you!
20170301_134539.jpg

Rehab Rehab REHAB.

The more you do now, the better you will do later-take it seriously.

Good evening folks. Long time no... uh... talkie. Almost 2 weeks post op and doing well. Still stiff in the neck, tight from the base of my skull to my upper back between the shoulder blades. I think that's mostly because I'm scared to use full range of motion and I haven't been cracking my neck and back. Been off narcs for over a week. Good thing I prepped well. First shit was 8 days after surgery. Felt like a brand new man! Lol. Incision area is still pretty swollen and actually causing mild swallowing issues. The swelling is pressing on my esophagus so I have to hold my head neutral or down a little to swallow. Annoying but not a significant deal. Again, I thank everyone for the well wishes, advice and tagging along on this journey. I have yet to hear from some people I truly considered close. Your companionship is greatly appreciated.

Btw, the shit show that is my life continues. Father-in-law goes in for a heart cath Friday. Likely to get stents. They may open him up. Either way, I'm just ready to get out of 2020.

Scheduled to go under the knife on Tuesday. I've never had surgery so I figured I'd make my first one a doozie. Having C4-C5 and C6-C7 disk replacements. Surgeon wanted to do a 3 level fusion but I quickly and politely told him to fuck right off. Wondering if any of you have had disk replacements, specifically cervical spine. What limitations am I looking at? I know replacements are supposed to be significantly better than fusions but still. I'm a nervous fucking wreck. Someone talk me down off the ledge. Lol.

Gay cause your recovery is in dec but better than going under the knife in august.

Warm up and rehab more than you think you can.

Call your ortho and ask it ifs ok (it is).

You have shit to do.