• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Fieldcraft Ultimate Sniper: By John Plaster

Re: Ultimate Sniper: By John Plaster

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: futureUSMCsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone here every read the book The Ultimate Sniper by John Plaster. I have had many people tell me it is an amazing book that will tell you almost everything if not everything you need to know about Sniping. Just wondering what yall think about it if you have read it. </div></div>

You need to ignore all the bullshit. There are members here whose sole pupose is to cause problems. The truth is Lowlight (he owns this place) offers a CLEP test on this book. Contact him about the test. Basically, if you study the book and pass the test, you can CLEP out of the formal school and be allowed to call yourself a sniper here on the internet forum. He can give all the details but very few are able to actually pass it the first time. I think the next test offered will be in April so you have plenty of time to prepare for it. </div></div>

Bwahahahahahahaha!!!

You Sir, are a bad man...
grin.gif

There is also some pics of LL giving us a shooters lesson on the patio prior to the match!!

Well; I read his book years back when it was new, and not having any tactical background, I gleaned a fair bit from it.

Then I got the video and was whelmed by it. Mostly under-. His manner resembles a bloodhound on Valium. They should use him for public service messages, mainly about apocalyptic Armageddon doom most imminent. Just the right tone, yawn...

But back in those closets, I wouldn't be too surprised to discover many of his detractors have read his book, given a nod or two, then been caught unawares by discovering he is so currently declasse. So much of this stuff is so plainly 'Me too'-ism.

Give the guy a break, he tries.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wil</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Plaster & Lowlight were supposed to have dinner together at SHOT... They never did get in touch with each other...

Frank was always busy somewhere else.

-Wil </div></div></div></div>

kinda like Michael Jackson and Latoya being the same person or Clark Kent and superman meeting or Bruce Wayne and batman or an oompa looms or me being in the same place or fikes' and rue Paul

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOMISS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great book, a lot in it, try Advanced Tactical Marksman from Paladin Press too. Very good.</div></div>

you sucking up to Plaster?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Good book. Here he is in his urban ghillie suit

Mega took this photo during one of his training exercises with Plaster the Master.
PlasterthePimp.jpg
</div></div>

I've seen that picture somewhere before, just without the "bling" and pimp hat.

Badd Kharma, i dont know why John Plaster is being given such a hard time, i personally think his book is quite good, whats the problem with that? do i have to not like him because some other people on the forum dont?
I have never seen his video but i have heard it isn't the greatest, but maybe some of the people sticking the knife in should put their balls on the line and write a book so it can be taken apart and slated by the whole shooting community.
I agree with Greg Langelius, i read his book a long time ago when all i had was a .22LR, it gave me a lot of info that i was glad to take in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This book is much better
SNIP4.jpg
</div></div>

Hey, its got Billy! I need a copy! Hold up, Shank did you put any fat chicks or cross-dressers in it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">'wack-a-mole' on a java bump.....
1362_1.jpg
</div></div>

Oh please tell me that Frank (well I know thats Frank) and the Captain?

lol, no that's Boltripper

LOL I was about to say! Hell that close and nether had their knifes out. Capt, We need to see a pic of you!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alaskaman 11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This book is much better
SNIP4.jpg
</div></div>

Hey, its got Billy! I need a copy! Hold up, Shank did you put any fat chicks or cross-dressers in it? </div></div>

Only in the pop-up book, scratch-n-sniff edition.

There are plenty floating around here. Click on my website in my handle. I'm the big boy that smells like bourbon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alaskaman 11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This book is much better
SNIP4.jpg
</div></div>

Hey, its got Billy! I need a copy! Hold up, Shank did you put any fat chicks or cross-dressers in it? </div></div>

Only in the pop-up book, scratch-n-sniff edition. </div></div>

The Pop up is funny but the idea of a Scratch n sniff with fat chicks =
sick.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alaskaman 11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alaskaman 11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This book is much better
SNIP4.jpg
</div></div>

Only in the pop-up book, scratch-n-sniff edition. </div></div>

The Pop up is funny but the idea of a Scratch n sniff with fat chicks =
sick.gif
</div></div>

You clearly would never make it as my wingman at the North Idaho bars.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You missed LL screaming at me at the Cup last month. People actually contacted him to arrange for the test - no shit, dude. He was hopping mad, like Whack-A-Mole on crack. </div></div>

God damn it, you owe me a new laptop, I spewed Hamms all over it when I read this. The best part, people were dumb enough to ask him.

Come on Ubet, you have not got your degree from the correspondence school of Sniping, Headmaster Low Light was giving out diplomas few weeks ago. Got my on the back of a Burger King wrapper. Shank got his on the lid of a Tampax box Extra large of course.

I am still trying to learn how to dechiper the secret code that the test is given in with the upside down writable disapperaing ink tacticool marker that you have to write in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ubet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am still trying to learn how to dechiper the secret code that the test is given in with the upside down writable disapperaing ink tacticool marker that you have to write in.
</div></div>

Ahh, thats where the Tampons come into the game, when you figure that out I'll tell you the rest.

I talked to several gentlemen back when I was at Bragg that were in MACV-SOG when plaster was there. Not a single one of them had anything nice to say about the guy. As I recall he was a 1-0 on one mission, I can't remember what the mission was or if they got compromised, etc.., and then went up to the C-team for the rest of his time.