• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ultimatum Deadline pictures

ddridan

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2017
Australia
Let’s see those Ultimatum Deadline builds!
I’ve been pondering over it all month whether to go a custom build route using the Deadline Action or call it a day and buy an AI AT308 for my dedicated PRS rifle.
Also, any feedback on the reliability of the Deadline in terms of adverse conditions in the field will be greatly appreciated as that is one area where I know I would never have to worry about the AI going down.

Thanks everyone!

The deadline action looks good, but no one seems to build on them, and you never see them for sale in used section.

Do you like the ergonomics of the AT chassis/grip?

If so, just get one. I have impacts and Curtis sitting in the gun room. I always pick up the AI when it matters as I don’t ever have to worry with anything except pulling trigger.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
I have 2 Deadlines currently at the smiths shop getting barreled. Already had one on a 223 build. I like them and their feature set. I can’t speak to adverse conditions only because it just hasn’t happened yet. But no issues thus far.

I will say chassis selection is limited. Because of the wider bolt diameter, it does seem to make fitment an issue sometimes. I dropped mine in a KRG W3 and just had to trim the mag catch slightly. No other issue.

I also own an AX so I like the AI setup as well. Pick your poison.

NRL was using the deadline ultimatum in their MDT side match until recently when the received a large amount of negative feedback from shooters like myself, such as feeding problems.

There are too many good actions to spend money on one with such issues.

NRL was using the deadline ultimatum in their MDT side match until recently when the received a large amount of negative feedback from shooters like myself, such as feeding problems.

There are too many good actions to spend money on one with such issues.

Problem with that is they dropped the action into a chassis that MDT clearly states doesn’t work with the Deadline. What did they expect? I shot a match last weekend with an MDT employee who was testing fitment so it’s not done yet.

If you like the feature set of the action, it will work with a small amount of due diligence.

Reactions: Skullboy
I have a Deadline in an XLR Element chassis. The chassis needed to be relieved for the trigger hanger and the mag catch trimmed. No feed issues thus far. Definitely not Plug-n-Play.

Problem with that is they dropped the action into a chassis that MDT clearly states doesn’t work with the Deadline. What did they expect? I shot a match last weekend with an MDT employee who was testing fitment so it’s not done yet.

If you like the feature set of the action, it will work with a small amount of due diligence.

Yes, but why? Theres so many actions that work out of the gate, why buy a hassle? An aiat is a great rifle, love mine, hell I love my old ae maybe a hair more. If you like ai ergonomics, then go that route. Theres not going to be much difference in price between an ai and a full custom that is tough and reliable as an ai.

I'm running 2 Ultimatum Deadlines, and I think they are great. Built like a tank, and I haven't had any feeding/ejection/extraction issues. Both are in Manners stocks, which also needed some meat removed for the trigger hanger, safety, and the mag catch trimmed to use AW mags. All stock mods took about 10min total with a dremel.

Attachments

• IMG_3056.JPG
    IMG_3056.JPG
    425.6 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_2984.JPG
    IMG_2984.JPG
    898.2 KB · Views: 270
  • VortexRampage05.jpg
    VortexRampage05.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 256
Nothing against the Ultimatum Deadlines but in shooting I find that what you get first is usually never the same that you were looking afterward. We know the re-sale market of AI's but not sure of Ultimatum Deadlines. AI's is a known quality. I notice that they lose very little values in re-sale market versus the rest if you decide that you wanted to change.

Yes, but why? Theres so many actions that work out of the gate, why buy a hassle? An aiat is a great rifle, love mine, hell I love my old ae maybe a hair more. If you like ai ergonomics, then go that route. Theres not going to be much difference in price between an ai and a full custom that is tough and reliable as an ai.

There are. And? Like I said, if you like a feature set of a certain action and it takes a few extra minutes of work.. who cares?

I own an AX. So I know how reliable they are. To each their own. I’d run either one.

My main point in my previous post was that the issues they had with the NRL rifle isn’t due to the actions faults. It’s due to the fact that they dropped it in a chassis that the manufacturer blatantly says it doesn’t work plug and play. So now ppl are basing opinions on the action on false pretenses. Not really a fair critique.

"call it a day and buy an AI AT308 for my dedicated PRS rifle. " safest call in my opinion. @
Dthomas3523 also agrees

I wouldn’t mind owning a deadline at some point.

But, if AI ergonomics work for a shooter, almost zero reason not to get one. Especially the AT as it’s priced right.

Other than the ergos, I feel like the biggest reason people don’t run AI is either the looks don’t appeal to them, or it doesn’t “feel” custom. I myself have fallen into these categories before. But every time, I end up having to tweak mags or work my way through malfunctions at a match here and there. Never happens with the AI and that’s more important to me than other options such as having a diamond trigger.

But, my priorities may not be the same as others.

After much research and deciding what I need out of a rifle I’ve decided to go ahead with a Deadline build bolted to an MPA Comp chassis and Trigger Tech Special.
That’s not to say an AI isn’t still on the list though.
Thanks everyone for the help and pictures.

Reactions: Skullboy
Deadline Ultimatum
MPA Comp Chassis
IBI barrel 223 Rem 1/7 twist
Triggertech special
Mpod bipod
Cadex mags

Flawless operation
F5713C4A-64FB-448F-A6A1-B437B8BEF6D3.jpeg

Deadline Ultimatum
MPA Comp Chassis
IBI barrel 223 Rem 1/7 twist
Triggertech special
Mpod bipod
Cadex mags

Flawless operation View attachment 7133419

I just put mine in an MPA as well. Did you have to trim the rear action screw? I noticed mine would drag on that so just needed to be taken down some.

I traded around for a deadline on here. Comes with their nut and wrench, 308 bolthead, and prc bolt head. Got a pva 25" med palma 6.5prc barrel also. Will drop it in an old aics with viperskins, my smith will have to open up lug pocket(maybe deeper too) and possibly clearance for trigger hanger. I'll rebed tang and slit skins for cocking piece clearance, and then trim mag catch.

Here is mine.

Attachments

• 6989D621-0C6C-41E2-96C0-0BA922BB27DE.jpeg
    6989D621-0C6C-41E2-96C0-0BA922BB27DE.jpeg
    405.6 KB · Views: 94
  • 283693F8-2A31-4C47-B13E-B7880EAD66B6.jpeg
    283693F8-2A31-4C47-B13E-B7880EAD66B6.jpeg
    225 KB · Views: 89
  • 30F72895-F707-4AF8-A28E-A6FE5CB131CA.jpeg
    30F72895-F707-4AF8-A28E-A6FE5CB131CA.jpeg
    301.1 KB · Views: 88
I just put mine in an MPA as well. Did you have to trim the rear action screw? I noticed mine would drag on that so just needed to be taken down some.
I did not have to trim the screw. However I did shim the rear tang 0.007” to ensure a smooth travel of the bolt when the action was torqued.
Poly Mdt mags would not work with the deadline because of the action design, but the cadex mags worked very well.

I have been shooting a deadline action chambered in 6.5 creedmoor, in an MDT ESS chassis with no problems. Have over 1,500 rounds through it. Only issue was having to shorten the rear action bolt in order to torque to speck. Without this trimming, the rifle bolt would drag when moved fully toward the rear. With the shortening, action is smooth as glass. Love the setup.

Attachments

• 8F885C4D-104F-47A6-9790-F12D5522128F.jpeg
    8F885C4D-104F-47A6-9790-F12D5522128F.jpeg
    322.3 KB · Views: 48