• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Ultimatum Precision's upcoming Tikka footprint action

Link to misfeeding ultimatum? I have one, had an origin, both in 6.5prc. The origin had trouble feeding and ejecting. It's gone. Bolt lift on my deadline is heavier than my ae and 2013, but quite a bit lighter than my at. I do have a bix with proper sear height.

There was a huge thread on a Canadian forum I belong to, where a guy couldn't get his Ultimatum to feed worth a shit. He ended up giving up on it and going back to Savage :ROFLMAO:

There always seems to be a few people that pop into Ultimatum threads talking about how they have issues feeding. But there's also just as many that are happy with them with no issues.

But it seems that oversized bolt can cause issues. samething with Curtis - known issues with feeding with that oversized bolt if you don't get the system set up just right. It's why Terminus turned their bolts down.

If you have a gunsmith that knows what they are doing, or everything stacks up correctly, it's not going to be a problem. But it certainly can be.

Huh, I should play lotto. I dropped my deadline into 3 different stocks, only one needed machinework(aics). Manners prs1 mini chassis and krgw3, all fed fine without fiddling, I did have to alter mag catch height. Pretty easy and I've had to do that with 700 clone actions in stocks with dbm that might be sunk in too deep.

There was a huge thread on a Canadian forum I belong to, where a guy couldn't get his Ultimatum to feed worth a shit. He ended up giving up on it and going back to Savage
9AF76C66-64DE-469E-B047-BF57B2B6C166.gif

Huh, I should play lotto. I dropped my deadline into 3 different stocks, only one needed machinework(aics). Manners prs1 mini chassis and krgw3, all fed fine without fiddling, I did have to alter mag catch height. Pretty easy and I've had to do that with 700 clone actions in stocks with dbm that might be sunk in too deep.

Buddy of mine had issues with the ACC (reportedly since resolved by MDT for current Deadline specific inlets) and the Bravo needed material removed from the backbone in order for the safety on his TT Special to function. That's aside from the known mag latch trimming. Had some other issues too, including a complete firing pin failure, but I'll just attribute that to a 'luck of the draw, fluke failure' type thing as I haven't heard of anyone else having a failure like his.

Buddy of mine had issues with the ACC (reportedly since resolved by MDT for current Deadline specific inlets) and the Bravo needed material removed from the backbone in order for the safety on his TT Special to function. That's aside from the known mag latch trimming. Had some other issues too, including a complete firing pin failure, but I'll just attribute that to a 'luck of the draw, fluke failure' type thing as I haven't heard of anyone else having a failure like his.
Bravo has same backbone as w3, I had no issues in it. Of course I have a bix trigger, must not be as bulky safety.

The deadline does have some unique hurdles, mag height related, but trigger hanger is slightly lower profile/bulky than my impacts. Meaning if the deadline wouldn't work, neither would impact. I had to do some minor milling on an ax chassis for my impact hanger to fit, my deadline dropped in just fine.

I've got a good friend that bought a defiance barreled action, dropped it in a mcm or manners with someone's dbm already fitted. It would not feed worth a shit. He was using arc mags which were partly to blame, but the dbm was too far away from action. It took some tig welding on mag catch to build it up and filing to get mag up high enough. Does this mean mcm/manners, defiance, arc mags, or dbm is shit.....no. It was just a bad combination of parts and ill fitment that contributed to feeding. Not every part is ar Lego easy to build. There are hurdles with certain actions, stocks/chassis, and mags. My deadline will feed 6.5prc out of unmodified aw mags pretty decent, better than my tl3 aw cut would feed 6.5creed in aw mags. Does that make the tl3 garbage....no. I'm not trying to white knight for ultimatum, truth be told I like my impacts over the deadline, but its heads and shoulder better than any factory action.

And that's the bitch when you assemble parts from multiple manufacturers, with tolerance stacking coming into play. It doesn't always come together on its own, and a good gunsmith pays dividends for sorting out any potential problems before it reaches the end user.

It's a fact of life with custom rifles, but with better machined components with better tolerances, it's not as big of a factor as it once was. And certainly, a good gunsmith very well helps - they do all the work (as needed) to make sure there's no problems once it reaches the end user.

However, some components don't come together as nicely, and a part of that is when companies decide to take liberties with current standards of which all components are designed to work for, like say deciding to use an oversized bolt.

Doesn't mean that you will have problems, especially if you have a good gunsmith put it together, but there are certain components/products that are more prone to having issues if they are not handled correctly.

It's the gift and the curse of going custom.

They showed this action in a Tikka inlet KRG Bravo chassis so I bet you would have pretty good luck with that combo.

It looks like they had to do some cutting to get the safety lever to clear. I wouldn't be surprised if KRG updated their inlet machining to fit.

There are less choices because this is a Tikka inlet but copying what the manufacturer does is a pretty good strategy.

Well, as I've explained to another friend who had drop in fit issues with a long action Nuke, custom actions come with custom problems. I just can't see myself ever having a reason to get a Deadline over any other custom or even my Tikkas after fiddling with buddy's.

Reactions: kthomas