• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Ultrasonic cleaner okay???

wbeard

Private
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2011
Ohio
I bought my first ultrasonic cleaner yesterday. I ran two bolts and a top end of my SR9 through using Hornady parts cleaner. I followed by drying with compressed air and then one-shot dry lube down into the bolts with a couple drops of oil rubbed on the slides.

Are they okay to use for this? Any disasters/damage I'm heading for using the ultrasonic cleaners? Anything to watch out for?

Re: Ultrasonic cleaner okay???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: P.A.R.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't put Aluminum in it. </div></div>

What is the reason for this statement?
confused.gif

Re: Ultrasonic cleaner okay???

Had one at work years ago,we used to clean SS jets for textile yarn. All the gun guys would sneak small stuff in and run them thru it. Did good on steel like pistol barrels and such.
Never tried any soft stuff and I dont know why you could not use it on them but I wont say it's ok as I have not myself.
Would like to know what the problem is.And will watch to find out as I dont want to mess up something of mine. Thanks