• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Ultrasonic Cleaner Solvent

Re: Ultrasonic Cleaner Solvent

I use the regular stuff supplied by L&R

I use big table spoon of citric acid (foodstuff additive in granules) and drop of jar and a small table spoon of salt in half a liter of water. It doesn't smell as bad as vinegar and it cleans very well (even the necks). I use the same recipe for "spring" rifle cleaning before using wipeout for copper removal (i did this to prep the barrel for hBN coating).

The blue windshield washer fluid works great too and is non flammable and cheap.
Guther

Simple Green or uncented Joy work great.

Also on really gunked up parts a pre soak in hot water and Purple Power really gets it done. 30% Purple Power to 70% hot water.

I am trying to clean my M4-2000 supressor from my m16 right now. I have tried the mineral spirits and transmission fluid (3/1mix) and it cleans the bolt great but the supressor still has large hard deposits built up on the first baffle. I left a message at advanced armament but did not get a return call. Do you guys have a recomendation on what to use in a ultrasonic cleaner for this?

Is air out you need to make sure its completely immersed in "cleaning solution". I also had better results when adding salt to my recipe - maybe someone else has better one...