• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Ultrasonic vs Stainless tumbling?

Mag 300

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Dec 31, 2006
    Downers Grove Illinois
    I have been tumbling brass with stainless media and it works very well, how do the new untrasonic cleaners do in comparison?
    Thanks Bill

Re: Ultrasonic vs Stainless tumbling?

I'm not sure how they compare to stainless because I have not done that type yet. But I recently bought the Harbor Freight unit (identical as the lyman) and it works pretty good. Takes some time to clean them but it has left the cases clean inside and out like a mirror. I've tried several different solutions, a vinegar mix that didn't do anything really for me and the mix by lyman that is just citric acid.

I like the Unit itself because it heats the solution and can hold quite a bit of cases. The only thing I can recommend is get the basket from lyman that Goes in it because there is a plastic tray that's really useless with the HF model. I will upload some pics later of some brass I did.

Dan

Nothing cleans like the stainless media

Bill:

I have done both and I can tell you I only clean parts in my US cleaner. All my brass runs the SS media route.

Terry