• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Unable to post pictures in the "Post Exchange" forums-->"Invalid File"

Bigdude

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2017
Birmingham, Michigan
I started a thread in the "Optics" section of the Post Exchange. But I am unable to post pictures to my thread. Every time I select a picture and send it to the server I get a pop-up stating "Invalid File". I tried to upload every single file type of image file (Jpeg, PNG, etc) and each one was an "Invalid File". Any help or suggestions.

Bigdude

Are you loading the picture from an online host or trying to load from your computer?

scan00001a-L.jpg

Last edited:
I have had this problem for months and have asked questions to no avail. Would be nice to hear why I can't directly load a photo from my Mac. I gave up

OK, I have the photo up loaded in my MAC photo's. I hit the camera icon. to left of the reply box. It asked me if I wanted to upload or select from photo album. I hit upload. It took me to select from where. I went to photos found the picture and double clicked. There it was. Now lets see if it takes.

Attachments

• photo76970.jpg
    photo76970.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 19
For me, I think the issue was that I had reached the maximum amount of memory allowable per person to post pics. Once I removed pics from older posts, I was able to post new pics.