• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Unbelievable Pistol Review. Funny and Scary.

shankster..

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 11, 2004
North Idaho
http://www.mouseguns.com/hipoint/myhpc9.htm

Check out his shooting buddy having trouble shooting his .45 and he solves the problem through extensive forensic observations.

<span style="font-weight: bold">"We got off to a fun start, because one of my friends was having trouble with his brand new SIG .45! It wouldn't chamber a round very easily, and then the cartridge would fire sometimes, and so on. He couldn't figure out his problem. So I looked at his pistol, and then his brass. Here's what his brass looked like after firing:</span>

4045.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">Wow! So I looked a little closer at his brass, and guess what?! He had been trying to shoot 40S&W out of his .45! Well, his gun was OK, and no one got hurt, so I guess we all learned a valuable lesson."</span>

On top of it all he is reviewing one high quality pistol that he plans to carry locked and cocked against the manufacturer's recommendation.

Good gawd.

Re: Unbelievable Pistol Review. Funny and Scary.

6" groups at 7 yards? I can cum better groups at that distance.

"Wow! So I looked a little closer at his brass, and guess what?! He had been trying to shoot 40S&W out of his .45! Well, his gun was OK, and no one got hurt, so I guess we all learned a valuable lesson."

"were shooting the Hi-Point C9, a Kel-Tec 357 SIG, a Ruger Redhawk .44 magnum revolver, a Bersa .380 and a SIG .45."

A bunch of shitty guns for a bunch of shitheads, what a match...

Pity that natural selection is sometimes stopped by outside factors....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style="font-size: 8pt">Kel-Tec doesn't make anything in .357 Sig </span> </div></div>

Maybe they've got a .40 S&W and are just trying out the .357 sig rounds, it seems to have worked with their .40 in a .45.
smile.gif

Looks about like when someone shoots a .380 round out of a 9X18 Makarov . We used to see it a lot when I worked at a local range right after gunshows . Someone would buy an old Makarov being told it was pretty much the same thing as a .380 and they would run out and buy a box of .380 when they couldn't find any 9X18
crazy.gif

I was lucky enough to find an exact replica of a case like that at the local range. Use it in demonstration during teaching CCW classes.

Maybe we are overlooking a wildcat opportunity here.......a 45/40s-n-w???
smile.gif

Back years ago when I worked for a multi-jurisdiction narcotics task force, our agent in charge could not figure out why his new Glock 23 was key-holing his rounds. He was not a firearms guy and after I looked at his weapon I told him to stop shooting 9mm out of a .40s&w. To Glocks credit the groups weren't bad and the gun cycled fine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: exnarc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Back years ago when I worked for a multi-jurisdiction narcotics task force, our agent in charge could not figure out why his new Glock 23 was key-holing his rounds. He was not a firearms guy and after I looked at his weapon I told him to stop shooting 9mm out of a .40s&w. <span style="font-weight: bold">To Glocks credit the groups weren't bad and the gun cycled fine.</span> </div></div>

That is internet gold on <span style="text-decoration: underline">SO</span> many levels. Thanks for the laugh.

A couple of years ago while doing our pistol training and qualification every once in a while there would be a pop instead of a boom. The slide still cycled and the rounds hit the target but I stopped everyone after a couple of them and found a couple of these on the ground:
HPIM2026.jpg

Apparently a SIG 229 in .357SIG will chamber, accurately fire, and cycle 9mm. We promptly unloaded all the magazines and found one more 9mm had gotten mixed in somehow.

Always check your stuff.

I was thinking about making a reverse bottleneck wildcat cartridge.