• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Under 800$ 1000 yard optic for a .243

Vortex Viper HS-T 4-16x44/6-24x50
SWFA SS 3-15x50
Weaver 3-15x50 EMDR (SWFA)
Bushnell Elite Tactical 3-12x44 G2DMR (Liberty Optics)

When you say "1000 yard optic" if your shooting a fixed distance you might look into a fixed power optic.

Just bought a 6x24 FFP G2 bushnell from my local vendor for 750$ + tax !! Running a sale rt now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For that price range I love the vortex viper pst. Great scope that tracks well and glass isbon par with mid range leopold

Anyone tried out Bushnell customer service lately? I hope I never have to call them again.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Bushnell and SWFA make much superior optics to non razor vortexes. I would go with either of them way before I would touch a pst or HS.

Quality japan glass vs filipino . Read the forums, for every issue with an ET or SWFA there are 100 vortex failures.

I had a good conversation with a Bushnell tech/service rep just last week. After I'd explained what I'd done to confirm the value of the clicks of my scope, he agreed that there's a problem, and is sending a call tag for return shipment. To top it off, he'd actually been to the range where I shoot practical steel matches, and so has an excellent understanding of what I'm using the scope for. Don't have the call tag yet, but if they carry through on the issue in the way he indicated, I'll be satisfied.

Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50. Cameraland is having a sale on them...$300 off. I ordered one last night. It might be an option for you to get a superior scope for your current budget right now.

I have been running a Sightron 2.5-17.5 S-Tac for a while now.
After an initial hiccup, it has been running great.
Excellent reticle, very good glass and very good build quality.
Though the objective is larger than I would like, I would personally pick it over a PST.
It is made in the Philippines as is the PST series, but sightron actually owns their facility there, they don't contract manufacture out like Vortex and Burris.

i had good luck on the last millet i sent for warrenty promptly recieved a new one in a couple weeks sold it and bought a hdmr that i am enjoying immensely so far.

Last edited: