• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Union upset over Keystone Pipeline cancellation

Dunraven

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2019
President Trump made the keystone pipeline possible

This apparently set the stage for the hiring of 'good union jobs'

The union turned coat, and supported Biden for pres.

Sleepy Joe promptly cancelled the pipeline by EO on day 1

Union members are upset at the loss of their jobs

And here's a BIG middlefinger to them

giphy.gif

They take the union dues and promote/donate it to a communist candidate. Now 50K people are unemployed with the stroke of a pen by the candidate.
Almost forgot. Jo is sending the Canadians some of the vaccine because they are pissed that he cancelled the project.
That's a double FUCKING and the Pravda says............

My union sent me a newsletter saying they were in the tank for joe. Mailed it back and said don’t ever send me this political bullshit again. The majority of my coworkers are not with team blue/hammer and sickle but it doesn’t surprise me that the union “leaders” are. They get paid by our dues to sit in and office all day while we work the front lines. They are nothing more than private sector politicians.

F7B22B7A-5D63-4B7A-A826-9615673206E9.gif

unions need to quit being democrat piggy banks and start working for their constituents.

Union pipeline is tricky. Dems are for unions, so unions are for dems. Now that’s NORMAL union jobs. For example, teamsters drive truck. Many non pipeline jobs as a teamster. Now you’re a teamster in pipeline. Dems don’t want pipeline. But your union will still vote blue because of the many non pipeline jobs.

Considering how many union members vote Democrat, I don't feel bad for them.
Not sure how many union members you know but most of my local bleed red, and that's even in SoCal. The union itself like any other group though has people on all sides of the fence. Also some just listen to what they are told while others still like to think for themselves. The unions are just another organization with politics and the underlying evil being the same...... politics.

Fuckem all with a chainsaw, unions ran there couse about 100 years ago.
Bro if you really believe that. I got to say your lacking in some information. In non right to work states a union worker is one of the few tax payers than can provided solely for their family. So personally at 32 years old I can provided a decent living to my stay at home wife and three kids,as well as more recently my Mother who got laid off during the Rona BS. My friend who performs the same work for a non union company works 60 plus hours to my 40 and his wife has to continue to work to make their ends meet. As long as there are companies trying to cut wages to increase profits there will always be a need for unions, that is unless you belive the government will do a better job of protecting us. <Sarcasm. I haven't seen very many ethical companies out there have you? If there were ethical companies they were likely family owned and didn't survive this "epidemic."

Hoisted onto their own petard. Hahahahahaha, fuck them just like they fucked the rest of us.

Hmm, not sure what to think of unions tbh. On one hand, unions did quite a lot to the benefit of workers rights.

It seems this later morphed into an entitlement mindset.

But hey, voting against your own interests is pretty common. I mean look at all the 2A supporting biden voters who frequent the threads...

But I do hope the best for those impacted. Definitely sucks. But again its not like biden lied. He did exactly what he said he would do.

Fracking anyone?

No surprises here... He did exactly what we expected.

Bro if you really believe that. I got to say your lacking in some information. In non right to work states a union worker is one of the few tax payers than can provided solely for their family. So personally at 32 years old I can provided a decent living to my stay at home wife and three kids,as well as more recently my Mother who got laid off during the Rona BS. My friend who performs the same work for a non union company works 60 plus hours to my 40 and his wife has to continue to work to make their ends meet. As long as there are companies trying to cut wages to increase profits there will always be a need for unions, that is unless you belive the government will do a better job of protecting us. <Sarcasm. I haven't seen very many ethical companies out there have you? If there were ethical companies they were likely family owned and didn't survive this "epidemic."
Bro, that money being paid is coming from somewhere. Typical union fuck, Its all about me.

We're a family owned and we survived. Non-Union and we pay folks good wages for good work, and great wages for great work. When I was the president of the company, I would have people get up enough courage to come in my office and ask for a raise. My response was always the same.

'Tell me why you are worth more today than you were a year ago. I'll gladly pay you more if you're worth more to us today than you were a year ago.'

I wish I would have filmed the deer-in-the-headlights looks. I'd tell them to go home and think about it for a few days and come back and we would talk about it. Every once in a blue moon, someone would came back and talk about it. If the could present even a half-assed reason why they were worth more, I'd give them a raise. Do you know why? I had someone who now understood if you are worth more, you make more and now THEY were looking for ways to make themselves more valuable to the company.

I was amazed at how many folks never came back to talk with me.

I blame the schools for not teaching kids how business works.

I agree with @XLR308, at one time Unions served a purpose. The robber-barons were ruthless, they abused the employee. In this day and age, good companies realize how valuable GOOD employees are and they will do what is necessary to keep them. Amazingly it's not always dollars that the employee wants.

Not sure how many union members you know but most of my local bleed red, and that's even in SoCal. The union itself like any other group though has people on all sides of the fence. Also some just listen to what they are told while others still like to think for themselves. The unions are just another organization with politics and the underlying evil being the same...... politics.

Worked union for about 13-14 years, 3 ½ of that was on pipeline jobs. Have friends and family that are in the union as well. There are more and more opening their eyes but the hall still calls people to persuade them to vote Democrat during election years. Unfortunately, too many of them can't think for themselves and vote Democrat because of that.

People will pay more money for better product, then wonder why they can't make more money for better, or lesser, work.

Bro, that money being paid is coming from somewhere. Typical union fuck, Its all about me.
That's what the unions are for. The worker. I've not once worked a government backed union job so if you are referring to my pay being subsidized by the taxpayer you are mistaken. There are many who work highway gigs payed for by the tax payer still doesnt denote that they are being paid a respectful wage that allows them to provide for their family.

Worked union for about 13-14 years, 3 ½ of that was on pipeline jobs. Have friends and family that are in the union as well. There are more and more opening their eyes but the hall still calls people to persuade them to vote Democrat during election years. Unfortunately, too many of them can't think for themselves and vote Democrat because of that.
Agreed, so the problem is not the union but the blind following members. I've recieved the calls but they dont make up my mind.

We're a family owned and we survived. Non-Union and we pay folks good wages for good work, and great wages for great work. When I was the president of the company, I would have people get up enough courage to come in my office and ask for a raise. My response was always the same.

'Tell me why you are worth more today than you were a year ago. I'll gladly pay you more if you're worth more to us today than you were a year ago.'

I wish I would have filmed the deer-in-the-headlights looks. I'd tell them to go home and think about it for a few days and come back and we would talk about it. Every once in a blue moon, someone would came back and talk about it. If the could present even a half-assed reason why they were worth more, I'd give them a raise. Do you know why? I had someone who now understood if you are worth more, you make more and now THEY were looking for ways to make themselves more valuable to the company.

I was amazed at how many folks never came back to talk with me.

I blame the schools for not teaching kids how business works.

I agree with @XLR308, at one time Unions served a purpose. The robber-barons were ruthless, they abused the employee. In this day and age, good companies realize how valuable GOOD employees are and they will do what is necessary to keep them. Amazingly it's not always dollars that the employee wants.
I agree with your concept completely, with that union does provide options for workers to gain further training through programs to increase their skills in one avenue or to branch into another one. Always it's up to the individual to advance themselves and not take for granted what they have. I also commend you in your company ideals but I have to think you are the exception and likely not the rule. I dont believe the unions time is over yet. However they have not always continued for the better hence some of the other previous political ideals of the unions. We cant make anything better by just bailing on it. We have to work on it from the inside. I started in the union as just a repairman. Now I'm a rigger, signalman, crane oiler, and withing the next 3 months I will have gotten my Crane operator certification. All in all its subjective to the end user. Some get into the union and sit on their thumbs. Some work at it and better themselves altering their future one goal or task at a time.

Reactions: spooledup
i should say that i have some ibew friends that complain about non-union contractors, but it really about lack of experience.
"those non-union guys don't know what they are doing..." is often a result of decades of only union labor being allowed to work on the equipment, so if you are not in the union, you haven't worked on it or with anyone that has...

Reactions: Blutroop
They forsake Trump who gave them jobs and went to Biden who has promised to take their jobs away. They should suck it.
thing is, if you watched cnn, msnbc, abc or cbs for news (like most of the country) you might think trump was bad,
this isn't to excuse the ignorance as much as identify the source.

Reactions: 4thstreet
thing is, if you watched cnn, msnbc, abc or cbs for news (like most of the country) you might think trump was bad,
this isn't to excuse the ignorance as much as identify the source.
Since Trump is the only thing they have to talk about, it's not surprising. I am still waiting for the next cycle to start. Who or where, I don't know, but surely Trump can't be their main dish for the next 4 years.......

Reactions: My_GPR>ME
George was for 8 years. The kenyan blamed him for everything. Now they are besties 🤔
Since Trump is the only thing they have to talk about, it's not surprising. I am still waiting for the next cycle to start. Who or where, I don't know, but surely Trump can't be their main dish for the next 4 years.......

I've never voted for a dem and never will. My local always pushes the dumb politics stuff.

I just want to say one fact in this thread about unions for all the ignorant people that have no idea what they are talking about.

Each year in this country 1200 people on average are killed on construction/industrial sites. Almost none of them are on union sites.

I've worked as a rat for a couple of years and 16 years union on a ton of different kind of sites. Coal power plants, nukes, refineries, Chem plants, food plants, etc..

I know when I step out of the truck in the morning now that there's a 99.999 percent chance that I'm going home to my family at the end of the day the same way I got there. I can't say that for any of my friends that are non union.

I've never voted for a dem and never will. My local always pushes the dumb politics stuff.

I just want to say one fact in this thread about unions for all the ignorant people that have no idea what they are talking about.

Each year in this country 1200 people on average are killed on construction/industrial sites. Almost none of them are on union sites.

I've worked as a rat for a couple of years and 16 years union on a ton of different kind of sites. Coal power plants, nukes, refineries, Chem plants, food plants, etc..

I know when I step out of the truck in the morning now that there's a 99.999 percent chance that I'm going home to my family at the end of the day the same way I got there. I can't say that for any of my friends that are non union.
We do that every day in Texas, jobs that would be union in new england are not in Texas. 40 hour oshas on every job, EMRs under 1 for everything, safety on everything. It's not some novelty because you're Union

And he literally ran on a new green promises. He stated he was going to get rid of the pipeline. He stated he was going to get rid of fracking.

These union people must be really dense......

Doc