• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Union upset over Keystone Pipeline cancellation

hey now, i just realized maybe i am wrong for once in my life!

see, for some reason, i don't think that somebody that stocks grocery store shelves out of high school should make the same amount as an experienced electrician, or welder, or plumber or machinist (or whatever takes years of experience to be good at) , just because they are in a good union.

i am beginning to think these free market guys are the actual communists. lets just give the same to everyone.

Yes, I am sure there is no hyperbole here. How about instead of you thinking and feeling like a liberal you actually post some numbers.

You just went from unions to government enforcing increased pay. I am not for government interference in most things so the answer to your question is no. The answer to your other question is yes, your argument must account for BJ's, HJ's and gerbils.

I'm going to say that large retail stores, grocery/meal delivery and a multitude of other options have more to do with your grocery stores closing than the $4 of "hero" pay per hour. I could be wrong on that, just my opinion.
not true at all. but i can see how you might think that (at least down the road).
the truth is that many grocery stores run at the margin, and in some cases are always close to getting closed down.

usually poor neighborhoods are impacted most, because of theft or other things you can start blaming...
they also don't sell high mark up items like stores where germans and hortas shop.
parent companies like kroger get a lot of bad publicity when they shut down a store so they often carry a loss if small.

not true at all. but i can see how you might think that (at least down the road).
the truth is that many grocery stores run at the margin, and in some cases are always close to getting closed down.

usually poor neighborhoods are impacted most, because of theft or other things you can start blaming...
they also don't sell high mark up items like stores where germans and hortas shop.
parent companies like kroger get a lot of bad publicity when they shut down a store so they often carry a loss if small.

Then that's on them no sympathy. Plenty of restaurants close down each year (before covid bs) due to improper management of food prices.

Then that's on them no sympathy. Plenty of restaurants close down each year (before covid bs) due to improper management of food prices.
and that's how people that are poor already are forced to shop at convenience stores and get gyped even more.
but hey, as long as union folks can afford a new car and phone every other year.

and that's how people that are poor already are forced to shop at convenience stores and get gyped even more.
but hey, as long as union folks can afford a new car and phone every other year.

What world do you live in?

Fuck

You

And

The

Horse

That

Rode

Your

Mother
AAD5D1B2-80A0-4B9A-BCB0-F1C95B5ED58C.gif

Enter the teachers unions now, refusing to go to work. These are some of the most pampered individuals on the planet. I suppose they're holding out for pay raises, paying them even more to sit home. Afraid of the virus, my ass. May their fate match that of the keystone pipeline boys.

hey now, i just realized maybe i am wrong for once in my life!

see, for some reason, i don't think that somebody that stocks grocery store shelves out of high school should make the same amount as an experienced electrician, or welder, or plumber or machinist (or whatever takes years of experience to be good at) , just because they are in a good union.

i am beginning to think these free market guys are the actual communists. lets just give the same to everyone.
'the same to everyone'? that's what democrats/communists are working toward. Does 'from each according to their ability, to each'...sound familiar? What could go wrong?

Since Trump is the only thing they have to talk about, it's not surprising. I am still waiting for the next cycle to start. Who or where, I don't know, but surely Trump can't be their main dish for the next 4 years.......
Kamala's outfits, and Biden's dog will dominate the news, alternated with the occasional Trump, or Reagan whipping and the opening of a recreation center for transgender veterans.

Enter the teachers unions now, refusing to go to work. These are some of the most pampered individuals on the planet. I suppose they're holding out for pay raises, paying them even more to sit home. Afraid of the virus, my ass. May their fate match that of the keystone pipeline boys.
Interesting, so all teachers are at home right now? "Paying them even more", your ignorance is hilarious.

you're not serious, are you? every argument has to account for beejays?
so i suppose you're thrilled that .gov in the lbc is forcing grocery stores to give everyone $4/hr hero pay, which is forcing at least 2 stores to close so far. somehow for some reason arbitrarily enforcing wage increases doesn't always work out.
Yep

Fucking what? Are you for real?
quite right. i watched as teachers 'occupied' the wisconsin state capital for 10 days, literally breaking in, leaving $450,00 in damages to the building and grounds. Why? Governor Walker made union membership voluntary, and declined to make the state take their dues out of their paychecks and forward it to the union. Oh my god! Neither the union nor teachers were held responsible for the damages. The union then sponsored and promoted the 'recall' of the governor, which failed. Meanwhile, some gradeschool teachers were proudly having students make placards supporting the teachers union, and marching their students around the schoolgrounds, teaching them the basics of peaceful protest. Pampered, spoiled child-like doesn't begin to describe it.

Now, look at chicago. teachers have been happily collecting paychecks at home for a year, and they still don't want to work. all about the children, right?

quite right. i watched as teachers 'occupied' the wisconsin state capital for 10 days, literally breaking in, leaving $450,00 in damages to the building and grounds. Why? Governor Walker made union membership voluntary, and declined to make the state take their dues out of their paychecks and forward it to the union. Oh my god! Neither the union nor teachers were held responsible for the damages. The union then sponsored and promoted the 'recall' of the governor, which failed. Meanwhile, some gradeschool teachers were proudly having students make placards supporting the teachers union, and marching their students around the schoolgrounds, teaching them the basics of peaceful protest. Pampered, spoiled child-like doesn't begin to describe it.

Now, look at chicago. teachers have been happily collecting paychecks at home for a year, and they still don't want to work. all about the children, right?

Cool, I watched as Trump supporters stormed the capital and caused damage. I guess that makes me and all Trump supporters domestic terrorists.

While we are casting large baseless and factless claims. A small number of white people are in the KKK, all white people are racist.

What about the teachers and their unions that haven't protested going back to school?

What about the teachers currently working at school?

You do realize teachers still teach, grade assignments , lesson plan,, make help videos and have one on one sessions with students from home correct?

Sounds like an anti-gun liberal just from the other side of the aisle. Ignorance is bliss.

Last edited:
Hydrogen is a battery. Nothing more.

if only we could find an energy dense source of energy that is readily available with minimal input and locate it widely across the nation, maybe we could look underground for it, move it by underground means, and store it underground. It would provide heat and electricity with minimal conversion and be relatively safe and inexpensive.

if only there were such a product available.
And then we could use such a mythical fuel to fuel power plants to recharge electric vehicles!

Reactions: Bender
so i suppose you're thrilled that .gov in the lbc is forcing grocery stores to give everyone $4/hr hero pay, which is forcing at least 2 stores to close so far.
Instant effect to this immediately- my two favorite cashiers at the local grocery GONE and everyone had to check out their own groceries even at 8pm! If I ring up and bag my own groceries I should get a discount or something. I hate delivery because you get the worst of the perishables (like the bruised bananas).
I'll wear assless chaps just for you...for an extra $10.
Seriously? I haven't seen those since David Lee Roth wore them back in a Van Halen concert 1981-1982? For those needing a visual: 4:29ish

if only we could find an energy dense source of energy that is readily available with minimal input and locate it widely across the nation, maybe we could look underground for it, move it by underground means, and store it underground. It would provide heat and electricity with minimal conversion and be relatively safe and inexpensive.

if only there were such a product available.
Hhmm...can't we just use free energy that was found by back-engineered Roswell remnants? The patents are out there...they were just bought out to be shelved. Anyone in for a SH C5e kumbaya to get an upgraded version?
And then we could use such a mythical fuel to fuel power plants to recharge electric vehicles!
There ya go!

Instant effect to this immediately- my two favorite cashiers at the local grocery GONE and everyone had to check out their own groceries even at 8pm! If I ring up and bag my own groceries I should get a discount or something. I hate delivery because you get the worst of the perishables (like the bruised bananas).

Seriously? I haven't seen those since David Lee Roth wore them back in a Van Halen concert 1981-1982? For those needing a visual: 4:29ish

Hhmm...can't we just use free energy that was found by back-engineered Roswell remnants? The patents are out there...they were just bought out to be shelved. Anyone in for a SH C5e kumbaya to get an upgraded version?

There ya go!

Your ignorance is showing, no such thing as “free energy” it’s literally against the laws of physics. And, if you critically think at about a 6th grade level, you would understand that hydrocarbons ARE literally solar energy. Lol

Reactions: NotByWorks
hydrocarbons ARE literally solar energy
Nope. They can be used to store it, but they aren't "solar energy".
I am 100% supportive of the use of our own natural resources, through fracking, pipelines, etc. Use it while we have it and need it. It is very naive to think that there aren't energy resources beyond and superior to our current modalities, including hydrogen, cold fusion, nuclear etc. Maybe AI will come up with it when humans limit themselves.

Last edited:
Nope. They can be used to store it, but they aren't "solar energy".
I am 100% supportive of the use of our own natural resources, through fracking, pipelines, etc. Use it while we have it and need it. It is very naive to think that there aren't energy resources beyond and superior to our current modalities, including hydrogen, cold fusion, nuclear etc. Maybe AI will come up with it when humans limit themselves.

Cold fusion isn't a viable remedy. It is thought to be impossible by most scientist. Japan is the only country putting money into the research. No one is looking at cold fusion as an alternative fuel source. Hydrogen, transfer of energy isn't that great and is deficient at best. You need a lot of hydrogen to make a little energy.

Hydrogen gas is extracted from water by a technique known as electrolysis, which involves running a high electric current through water to separate hydrogen and oxygen atoms. The electrolysis process is pretty expensive since it involves high energy expenditures.

Then you talk about nuclear energy. I can't believe anyone would think that this energy source is viable in a world wide venue.
The cost of building a nuclear energy plant is VERY expensive. Some say incredibly expensive.

With the limited use of today, we have stockpiles of nuclear waste. Talk about a danger to the environment! Where would we store these spent fuel rods when we have 100,000 nuclear plants needing a location on the earth to store these spent rods?

Now lets talk about accidents. Sure a oil fuel spill is terrible but it doesn't compare to just 1 nuclear accident. Do you really want to have, let just say 10,000 nuclear power plants being operated by mankind ? At what ratio would you consider an acceptable accident rate? The answer has to be ZERO. Do you think that anything mankind develops will every have that kind of safety record? I don't.

I'd like to see mankind work on making the fuel sources, we have now, MORE energy efficient. By making them more energy efficient, they will produce less byproducts. Look at what we have done to coal. We've produced much more efficient ways to burn it and thus produce less polluting byproducts.

We can do this.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Cold fusion isn't a viable remedy. It is thought to be impossible by most scientist. Japan is the only country putting money into the research. No one is looking at cold fusion as an alternative fuel source. Hydrogen, transfer of energy isn't that great and is deficient at best. You need a lot of hydrogen to make a little energy.

Hydrogen gas is extracted from water by a technique known as electrolysis, which involves running a high electric current through water to separate hydrogen and oxygen atoms. The electrolysis process is pretty expensive since it involves high energy expenditures.

Then you talk about nuclear energy. I can't believe anyone would think that this energy source is viable in a world wide venue.
The cost of building a nuclear energy plant is VERY expensive. Some say incredibly expensive.

With the limited use of today, we have stockpiles of nuclear waste. Talk about a danger to the environment! Where would we store these spent fuel rods when we have 100,000 nuclear plants needing a location on the earth to store these spent rods?

Now lets talk about accidents. Sure a oil fuel spill is terrible but it doesn't compare to just 1 nuclear accident. Do you really want to have, let just say 10,000 nuclear power plants being operated by mankind ? At what ratio would you consider an acceptable accident rate? The answer has to be ZERO. Do you think that anything mankind develops will every have that kind of safety record? I don't.

I'd like to see mankind work on making the fuel sources, we have now, MORE energy efficient. By making them more energy efficient, they will produce less byproducts. Look at what we have done to coal. We've produced much more efficient ways to burn it and thus produce less polluting byproducts.

We can do this.

Just put the rods in the same landfill as the turbine blades 🤣🤣

Hey if the teachers don't go back to school they can always build solar panels, its the green new deal. Biden only helps the teachers unions all other unions can suck on his dead left nut.🤣🤣🤣

For all union members in the fossil fuel industry who were told to vote for biden, lesson learned. Next time vote for yourself you don't have to be a sheep, biden said he was shutting down fossil fuel industry I would of voted the other way to preserve my job.

Reactions: Dunraven
Haha! I walked off my first job at a food distribution facility around '05 because of union bullshit.

We had about 50 bays where trucks would pull in with deliveries. The lumpers would unload the trucks, we'd check to make sure everything was there and the union guys would then take the pallets and stock them throughout the warehouse.

One day we're horrendously backed up. The union guys are out smoking cigarettes and dicking around as the unloading floor is packed to capacity. The lumpers can't unload anymore because there's nowhere to put it, so the whole operation grinds to a screeching halt.

After about a half hour of doing nothing I said "fuck it." I hopped on a pallet jack and started moving the pallets over to the pallet wrapping machine to get them off the floor. The shop steward, or whatever the fuck he called himself starts losing his shit and marches upstairs to chew out management.

When the warehouse manager and the union dickwad started to chew me out about operating the equipment (which I was certified on, btw) I told them to hold on a second, walked over to a propane forklift and did a lap around the warehouse on idle while flipping the bird to every union guy in the warehouse including the shop steward

Coming from NY, I'm passionate about my hatred for unions. Everybody wonders why electricity was three or four times the national average, why property taxes are 5x the national average, why sales tax is among the highest in the country and why pretty much EVERY FUCKING THING YOU BUY is more expensive than in the rest of the country. It's the unions. It's the NYPD, FDNY, teamsters, brick layers, electricians, plumbers, LIPA workers, govt workers etc. When someone's getting paid more than they're worth, it's coming from somewhere, and it's eventually getting passed on to the end consumer.

Every once in a while a union bashing thread pops up and I know it ruffles some feathers so I generally avoid it. I'm with you though... fuck the unions. Nobody cuts the union a check so nobody thinks about the damage they do, but it can be devastating. Just look at NY.

Yes. This. All this

Reactions: Blutroop
Something to ruminate on.
I'll bet the union/unions will be looking for blue votes from their members in the midterms.
Wonder why that is?...

R

They may not get them after the pipe fitter fiasco and the possibility of Ford moving Ohio production to Mexico.

They may not get them after the pipe fitter fiasco and the possibility of Ford moving Ohio production to Mexico.

The ones that didn't pull their head out of the sand the last election will still vote the same way. I know several union people that think biden is wonderful...

Reactions: Seed tick
I'm more pointing out that the union leadership will still be tied to team blue not matter
what theyve done to the membership.

R
That will always be the case as long as team blue fills their pockets.

Sounds like a new game. Kinda like filling out the march madness bracket.
List all the races and see who's got the best lineup after the election
Voting matters because it part of the ruse , so pull the lever and go home and watch the results they give you on TV which makes it look official :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

Weird, I thought that's what the dues were doing.
Sarcasm ^^^.

R
the dems protect the unions' ability to unfairly extort union members, employers and protect criminals, do nothings and fuckups.
there are teachers that get paid to do nothing, because they cannot be in a room with kids but cannot be terminated.
in return, the unions help fund the democrat campaigns.

the dems protect the unions' ability to unfairly extort union members, employers and protect criminals, do nothings and fuckups.
there are teachers that get paid to do nothing, because they cannot be in a room with kids but cannot be terminated.
in return, the unions help fund the democrat campaigns.

If your young its a good gig because you can party all night and get paid to sleep all day. Got to be boring as hell to do that for 20 years.

Father worked for Johnson and Johnson as a machinist which was union which he had to adapted to coming from the private sector. Everything he was use to doing had to be slowed down not to upset the apple cart. One day one of the guys in the shop took his chair and sat by the window. So happens that day one of the Johnson's comes to visit the company and noticed this guy siting by the window. He asked the man what he was doing and he responded I'm watching the trains going by do you have a problem ? The man had no idea who he was, the next day the supervisor of the shop instructed this guy that his new position was to sit by the window to watch the trains go by, he lasted a week and then quit.

Trains are so much safer than pipelines

Reminds me of my days hauling extremely flammable high-gravity crude oil from wells to the pipeline terminal - think gasoline without any additives. The "rule of thumb" they taught new drivers transporting it was this: if your tanker catches fire, get out and RUN until you think you're at a safe distance, then turn around and hold your thumb up at arms length - if your thumb doesn't cover ALL the flames... KEEP RUNNING!!!

And our leftist moron-in-chief wants to help Warren Buffet transport freakin' trainloads full of this stuff through the middle of towns and cities instead of putting it in a pipeline where it belongs. Politics uber alles.