• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Universal Throw Lever

Thanks for the link and pics. Bought the three pack to try out.

Review

Same exp here.

Several months ago I was looking for some Switchview levers to make changing zoom levels on scopes easier. I had several Switchviews already for various rifles/optics but wanted to get some for a couple of rimfire rifles with various optics on them. Unfortunately the metal Switchviews weren't made for some of the optics I owned.

However, during this search I learned that MGM was coming out with a new, universal Switchview called the "Eagle Eye". In addition to being universal, it was also made of polymer and less expensive than the all metal Switchviews. So I pre-ordered a pack of 3 directly from MGM and awaited the release of the product. I forget when they initially planned to deliver but I know they bumped that date once for some last minute changes. Either way, they arrived today in the mail. Comes packaged like this and contains the universal throw lever, 2 universal straps, two screws, and an allen wrench to install the screws. All you need is your scope and a knife / scissors to fit the universal strap to your particular optic.

On the back are detailed instructions.

Getting them home I installed one set on my CZ452 with a Burris Timberline 4.5-14x32 scope. The product is a universal throw lever which you fit to your scope buy cutting off little pieces of polymer - in this case I didn't have to cut any off since there isn't much of a lever on the scope to begin with. After doing that, you fit the universal strap to the lever with a screw, then cut the strap to length. Finally, you put in another screw to ensure the strap stays in place.

I did it as a slow trial and error to get a tight fit. Overall the packaging and instructions were easy to follow and even going slow, adjusting, etc I had this installed in under 10 minutes. Each one comes with two straps in case you make a mistake or change to another scope.

Here are some photos of the product installed.

Overall view.

Screw that attaches the strap to the throw lever. You are supposed to leave this just a little loose as the plastic might stretch a little bit after initial installation, allowing the user to tighten it up a bit.

The other side where the strap has been cut down to fit and the set screw installed. The little teeth you see fit into 4 matching slots in the throw lever, so with the set screw install it is quite secure.

Overall for the price (3 pack goes for $65 - I think pre-orders cost $39.99 or something) it is a great value when metal Switchviews cost $50-60 each.

I haven't gotten to the range with it and will say that while it fits well and works, it doesn't feel as solid as my all metal switchviews. So for any serious use / duty rifle I'd still recommend getting a metal one if they make one for your optic. But for hunting rifles, rimfire guns, or scopes that they don't make a metal version for, these are great.

Thanks for putting my review here.

My feeling in the sturdiness is this. If it's a competition / duty / HD rifle, go metal if you can. The Eagle Eye is pretty sturdy but feel like you could snap them off if you snagged it hard on something.

If you can't get a metal one or for hunting / bench shooting, or as in my case for multiple rimfire guns, it's perfect.

I just got mine on Friday. They go on pretty easy, give you a extra strap in case you screw the 1st one up. They are not as good as the metal ones but I didn't expect that. They fit the scopes I put them on great. They are a little long for me but that is just me. I might trim down the handle a little bit. Def worth the $ for them.

How's the m5xi ? A guy wants to trade my nightforce 1-4 for it ? I'm omnjr fence tho?? Is it worth trading ? I'm a cqb guy I like red dots but want a fast shots with magnification