• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Unknown Munitions Bottom Metal?

Obi-WanKannoli

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 18, 2020
USA
Anyone have any experience with or feedback on these? I love the design and push button release, don't love the proprietary mags but not the end of the world.

DSC03513-copy-1536x1025.jpg

DSC03514-copy-1536x1025.jpg

MR-assembly-RSide-1-1536x1536.png

DSC03653-copy-1536x1025.jpg

$220 for the bottom metal and $130 for the mags. It's not flush fitting like a Hawkins hunter mag and not a front barricade stop either. So just fugly IMHO.

Reactions: 308pirate
$220 for the bottom metal and $130 for the mags. It's not flush fitting like a Hawkins hunter mag and not a front barricade stop either. So just fugly IMHO.
I think for a hunting rifle neither really matter. I'm more curious about fit, finish, and functionality.

It’s legit. I have one on my .300 Terminator and it feeds great and the mag release design is the shit. Do it.

Reactions: Obi-WanKannoli
I put it in my 300 prc and think its great. Had the Hawkins flush fit in for a couple days tell i got this. Other then flush fit I will take the Unkown every time. And I use a bunch of Hawkins stuff so that is not a rip on them. More mag length for seating and it didnt' beat the crap out of the brass like the Hawkins did. Has functioned perfect on 2 sheep hunts

I put it in my 300 prc and think its great. Had the Hawkins flush fit in for a couple days tell i got this. Other then flush fit I will take the Unkown every time. And I use a bunch of Hawkins stuff so that is not a rip on them. More mag length for seating and it didnt' beat the crap out of the brass like the Hawkins did. Has functioned perfect on 2 sheep hunts
Awesome to hear, I'm looking forward to trying it out. How is the lock up of the mag in the well?

Lock up is good. My buddy that was along last week on the Desert sheep hunt is a big prs guy and first he laid hands on one. He really liked it and said he was going to try some. I am typically a BDL type person for hunting guns, but do really like this

Reactions: Obi-WanKannoli
Got mine in today. It's really nice, absolutely love the push button magazine. The mags are extremely nice too, might be the best feeling mags quality-wise I've handled to date including mdt and seekins carbon. Pictured is a 300 PRC with a Barnes 208 LRX in it.

20230302_185905.jpg

20230302_185958.jpg

Hard pass. A good Oberndorf bottom metal is all I would want.

Old thread but I just bought this with the short action XL magnum magazines and it is great. Can now load my 6.5 PRC up to 3.15” without issue.

I ended up taking mine off my rifle as it does not fit the Manners mini chassis (long action).