• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Unplugging from cable TV / Cell phone

The last time I had a subscription to any TV service was ~2008.

Basic internet is all I've ever cared for. My wife likes the streaming services, though, so as long as she can pay the bills she's got 'em.

And it's great that you have different tastes and you get your desires each for your money. I understand your wife, I like streaming services and streaming channels too. I got reseller iptv specifically for that and so far I don't regret a thing. Basic TV programs are boring and you always want variety. But this is my opinion and it may be different to yours. You want to watch basic channels and you're enjoying it. Your wife also wants to enjoy watching TV for the money. What's the problem?

Last edited:
Have not had cable/satellite/land line for at least 10 years. $50 a month for internet, 50 a month for a cel, and a $29 antenna for local channels. Can watch anything I need to online.

Reactions: OldSalty2
GET HIS NAME OUT YOUR MUTHERFUCKIN MOUTH!!!

1649893135945.png

never had a cell or GPS,never will. haven't had cable tv,tv reception or watched a network show in 25 years. i can read a map and follow directions. land line is all i need. enough BS calls on that. don't want or need to be in instant comm. landline and ans machine is fine. my vulnerability is this comp (no wifi). saw the thread on here re disconnecting from the microsoft spying/screwing everything up "updates". i was the last person you know how got a home comp. i can't understand how homo sapiens became the dominant omnivore on the planet without cell phones or comps. people (me) have been forced to use them for most any business,research,news,personal finance monitoring,medical info ad infinitum..

Last edited:
Haven’t had TV service in ages

I have Amazon prime, which I have anyways, and use other free streaming too, phone is like 50mo all in for my one line, and it’s unlimited everything.

Yeah $300 for a cell phone, unless that’s a lot of lines, that’s like early 2000s pricing, and even then, damn

never had a cell or GPS,never will. haven't had cable tv,tv reception or watched a network show in 25 years. i can read a map and follow directions. land line is all i need. enough BS calls on that. don't want or need to be in instant comm. landline and ans machine is fine. my vulnerability is this comp (no wifi). saw the thread on here re disconnecting from the microsoft spying/screwing everything up "updates". i was the last person you know how got a home comp. i can't understand how homo sapiens became the dominant omnivore on the planet without cell phones or comps. people (me) have been forced to use them for most any business,research,news,personal finance monitoring,medical info ad infinitum..

I’m sure the early homosapiens said the same thing when other humans started going away from stone and wood weapons with the advent of metal work.

if you think current tech and gov trends are positive deveolpments,then you must think that the societies in "1984" and "brave new world" are worthy goals to strive for.

if you think current tech and gov trends are positive deveolpments,then you must think that the societies in "1984" and "brave new world" are worthy goals to strive for.

What are you talking about?

Where did I say anything about gov? If you read much of what I write here I ain’t a fan of big gov or giving the gov much power at all.

As far as tech, it’s miles better, the amount of power I have at my fingertips…errrr thumb tips, it’s amazing, the amount of work I can get done, and resources I have instant access too, it’s like complaining about a tradesmen installing a deck using a electric screw driver vs taking tons more time and energy to use a hand screw driver.

Yeah you need the basic skills too, you need to be able to get stuff done if the battery goes tits up, but saying that tech is bad is just practically and historically short sighted.

taking my point to it's illogical extreme is a common but weak technique. of course we have used increasing tech for millenia. electric drills,chain saws,tractors,freezers don't monitor,record,save and store your movements,location,even conversations. the current state of digital tech does or will do that. didn't mention the government? you should have. the power they have is not something anyone on here gave them and mostly doesn't want them to have. they have it. could debate how and why that happened but it did. and during the covid scam,they have shown their ability and desire to use it as a control and propaganda tool. the "power" you have pushing a button can be ended at any time at the wish of the state or it's fellow travelers. to think that it won't or can't happen is nieve.

Last edited:
taking my point to it's illogical extreme is a common but weak technique. of course we have used increasing tech for millenia. electric drills,chain saws,tractors,freezers don't monitor,record,save and store your movements,location,even conversations. the current state of digital tech does or will do that. didn't mention the government? you should have. the power they have is not something anyone on here gave them and mostly doesn't want them to have. they have it. could debate how and why that happened but it did. and during the covid scam,they have shown their ability and desire to use it as a control and propaganda tool. the "power" you have pushing a button can be ended at any time at the wish of the state or it's fellow travelers. to think that it won't or can't happen is nieve.

At least with iPhones you have SOME protections, and Apple has told the FBI to fuck off before, and there are encryption and VPN options, but almost all new tech has always been able to be used for evil as well as good. In my industry the benefits to having a a GPS computer in my pocket, even with cell turned off and no reception, is yuuuge

At least with iPhones you have SOME protections, and Apple has told the FBI to fuck off before, and there are encryption and VPN options, but almost all new tech has always been able to be used for evil as well as good. In my industry the benefits to having a a GPS computer in my pocket, even with cell turned off and no reception, is yuuuge

Don't get caught up in the Apple hype about them being somehow more secure from the government.
First off, if you ever sync to icloud all the government has to do is give a warrant to Apple and good to get all your stuff.
Secondly, they just get the latest software update each time from the Israeli companies and presto your phone is now unlocked.
You use any biometrics to unlock your phone? Well that means they have in anytime they want assuming they have you.

Reactions: TurboTrout
Don't get caught up in the Apple hype about them being somehow more secure from the government.
First off, if you ever sync to icloud all the government has to do is give a warrant to Apple and good to get all your stuff.
Secondly, they just get the latest software update each time from the Israeli companies and presto your phone is now unlocked.
You use any biometrics to unlock your phone? Well that means they have in anytime they want assuming they have you.

I don’t do the cloud, aka someone else’s computer, I also I’m fully onboard with removing all funding from Israel for their hacking of American phones, but we all know they serve the politicians not the Americans. I do think Apple is miles ahead of android, I had a pixel for like a week, returned it, that fucker couldn’t work without phoning the mothership of creepy google. Not that Apple is perfect, but I couldn’t do the android.

I don’t do the cloud, aka someone else’s computer, I also I’m fully onboard with removing all funding from Israel for their hacking of American phones, but we all know they serve the politicians not the Americans. I do think Apple is miles ahead of android, I had a pixel for like a week, returned it, that fucker couldn’t work without phoning the mothership of creepy google. Not that Apple is perfect, but I couldn’t do the android.

Believe whatever makes you happy.

But those in the know will tell you, that if you are trying to keep stuff away from the government and Apple and they actually want your stuff badly, feeling safe because you use an iPhone is not a smart idea.

Believe whatever makes you happy.

But those in the know will tell you, that if you are trying to keep stuff away from the government and Apple and they actually want your stuff badly, feeling safe because you use an iPhone is not a smart idea.

Oh for sure, I get that, it’s like my carry, I carry a sub compact 9, now I could carry a AR15 “pistol” if I realllly wanted, but I’d have to live/dress/etc my life around it, but that’s not practical for projected risk v reward at this time.

There are options to keep things much more secure with a phone, but at much more a pain in the ass factor, individual risk assessment I guess 🤷‍♂️

You should watch Rob Braxman on youghey.

He'll make you pour that kool-aid out.

Or not, your choice.

Anything internet connected is trackable and that is a fact.

No such agency and others see to that.