• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

***UPDATE: CAPTURED*** Escaped killer Danelo Cavalcante has active murder warrant in Brazil as well. Armed and EXTREMELY dangerous.

<news caster> This is the rifle...</news caster>

Yes that's the important part of the story, they got the real dangerous criminal off the streets.

• Haha
Reactions: Blue Sky Country
We are built differently. We have penises and testes that produce testosterone. But thanks for asking. I could not resist being an asshole, I am sure you understand.

Actually, I have a 12 ga with some #4 upland and also some slugs that will make holes that just do not stop bleeding. However, next to me is my S&W M&P 9 mm with a 17 round double stack, always one in the pipe. I can do quite a bit of ventilating until I can unlock the shottie or my 5.56 M4 A3 or my R16SFST-308. Those will also make holes. And I put a Magpul PRS gen III stock on the AR-10, so, it is so comfortable, I can keep shooting 20 round mags for a long, long time.
I'm an asshole too.
I didn't say I didn't have cajones, I do.
My experience with folks shooting shotguns in home defense, goes to the years I ran two gun matches.
ON AVERAGE the scores with light dove loads were abysmal. Not my scores, but those who "know how to shoot a shotgun, its easy".
Now when you extrapolate that to include the person who does not train with a shotgun, nor shoot matches, those people will be severely handicapped with a shotgun.

I'm sorry if you felt I was attacking your "skillset" with a combat shotgun.
I'm sure your balls are enormous.

• Haha
Reactions: 748rpilot
This is the face of someone who loves his job 🤣. K9 Yoda with BP that brought it to an end.
IMG_0788.jpeg

The poster of the A-Team reminds me of how the show was ruined for me. Ruined in the sense that I can now remember only one episode. Payroll was getting stolen and the A-Team was invited to solve the problem. Along the way, they run into Boy George and Culture Club.

You are welcome, internet.

Every. Single. Time.

I'm an asshole too.
I didn't say I didn't have cajones, I do.
My experience with folks shooting shotguns in home defense, goes to the years I ran two gun matches.
ON AVERAGE the scores with light dove loads were abysmal. Not my scores, but those who "know how to shoot a shotgun, its easy".
Now when you extrapolate that to include the person who does not train with a shotgun, nor shoot matches, those people will be severely handicapped with a shotgun.

I'm sorry if you felt I was attacking your "skillset" with a combat shotgun.
I'm sure your balls are enormous.
1694693329002.jpeg

It was a joke. I am sorry that you missed it. I used to roast with professional shit-talkers. I should apologize to you.

And I agree on your points with a shottie.

I also realize there are a number of levels of training. Not everyone is going to be a professional competitor. But if at least they can stop a bad guy, that is also good.

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
Every. Single. Time.
George Peppard was an arrogant smart ass offscreen. He called a short musician a midget on The Tonight Show and the musician threatened to kick his ass. Peppard STFU after that.

View attachment 8226924
It was a joke. I am sorry that you missed it. I used to roast with professional shit-talkers. I should apologize to you.

And I agree on your points with a shottie.

I also realize there are a number of levels of training. Not everyone is going to be a professional competitor. But if at least they can stop a bad guy, that is also good.

My sarcasm meter is busted. I banged it on a couple political Covid posts and it aint worked right since.

• Love
Reactions: Ronws
This is the face of someone who loves his job 🤣. K9 Yoda with BP that brought it to an end.
View attachment 8226854

If you look at the Instagram wide angle pic where the whole group of BP agents were shown posing with the cuffed Cavalcante, you can see that Yoda was straining at his leash literally trying to take a few more chunks out of that POS. Yoda definitely WAS NOT finished with this business yet. 😂😂😂

images (1).jpeg

Last edited:
If there was a bet on what gun over the years outside of military conflict has killed more men, my money would go on the double barrel shotgun.

There's no telling if 10 or 12 was the gauge or if buckshot or birdshot was the predominant load but I'd say birdshot, as the shotgun doubled as the hunting, bird, rabbit gun, chicken protecter well as home protection and dispute settler.

I would not feel undergunned in my home or property with a Savage 311 12 gauge shortened to 18" with a stock mounted side saddle and light taped to it, loaded with single 0 Buck.

If there was a bet on what gun over the years outside of military conflict has killed more men, my money would go on the double barrel shotgun.

There's no telling if 10 or 12 was the gauge or if buckshot or birdshot was the predominant load but I'd say birdshot, as the shotgun doubled as the hunting, bird, rabbit gun, chicken protecter well as home protection and dispute settler.

I would not feel undergunned in my home or property with a Savage 311 12 gauge shortened to 18" with a stock mounted side saddle and light taped to it, loaded with single 0 Buck.
Got ye an ol fowling piece my mate?

Pistol account for the majority in recent years by far in recent years, with suicide being the leading cause. According to a CDC study.

1694722794014.png

ShotGuns are used in 1% of recent Murders(2020).

So while I get the over the years statement and none of this data goes back in time. How many "gunslingers" carried 6 shooter?

Save your shot gun for the birds.

Pistol account for the majority in recent years by far in recent years, with suicide being the leading cause. According to a CDC study.

View attachment 8227196

ShotGuns are used in 1% of recent Murders(2020).

So while I get the over the years statement and none of this data goes back in time. How many "gunslingers" carried 6 shooter?

Save your shot gun for the birds.
"Recent" murders.

The handgun is used because of it's portability and concealabilty but to dominate an armed encounter, the shotgun is still the most devastating.

So I'll save my shotgun for birds, coyotes and badguys.

775cht.jpg

Shotguns are EXTREMELY effective for premises defenses. But like all weapons, if you are going to choose a shotgun, make sure you are proficient at using it. Practice weapon retention and target acquisition while maintaining a frame of mind that geared towards effective defense and keeping track of everything else that is going on around you.

Fighting with a shotgun is a bit similar to fighting with a spear. Retention and manuevering with the weapon, and acquiring the target for a decisive impact. As a matter of fact, the earliest and most crudest of all firearms are shotguns. Some were strapped underneath a spear that discharged a blast of iron and rock pellets at the enemy. 'Thunderlances'. Tianleipao. And modern technology means that thunderlances now can deliver multiple devastating blasts. And they can be equipped with high visibility red dots and other sights that make target acquisition easier.

TRAIN and PRACTICE with whatever weapon you choose. The capability of ANY weapon in existence is useless without the skill and mindset needed to wield it properly.

I had Win. '97. You could hold the trigger and jack that thing off.

With dry fire practice, I got to where I could shoot my 870 Mag. Express almost as fast, enough to shoot three times at a single high flying dove and cause people listening from a distance to think I was shooting a semi auto.

I also took a tactical shotgun class from Louise Awerbuck on a range I shot on when he came through in the late 80's.

With dry fire practice, I got to where I could shoot my 870 Mag. Express almost as fast, enough to shoot three times at a single high flying dove and cause people listening from a distance to think I was shooting a semi auto.

I also took a tactical shotgun class from Louise Awerbuck on a range I shot on when he came through in the late 80's.

----------
----------

I snorted at that part.
anim_lol.gif

97's are VERY stately looking and no-nonsense longarms.

I recommend people who primarily use shotguns to own a pair.

A pair of pumps or levers and bandoliers for each.
One for buck and one for slugs.
Red dot on the one that scatters,
Midrange optic on the one that shatters.

I would NOT feel underarmed at all with that kit.

Reactions: Charlie112
Here we go again.
Inside a home, its a .60 caliber rifle.
Where do you buy your 20ga #4 buckshot? I'd love to have some, all mine is #3.
A 2 -3/4" magnum load of 20 gauge buckshot is anything BUT easy to shoot.
A 16" barrel on a shotgun....SMFH.

Where do you people come from...
I used to compete in the shotgun sports and have hunted with them all my life so I know them very well. For home defense a standard high brass #4 in 20 gauge is ideal. The payload is 24 - .24 inch (think .243) pellets at 1250 - 1300 fps. Trust me, you don't need a magnum load. High brass will do just fine

#4 buck 20 gauge has been made of un-obtanium for quite a while, but #3 is readily available. Very slight difference - inconsequential. 1 pellet difference and .25 vs .24 diameter between the two loads

It's like more than twice as easy to shoot as a 12 gauge. The 12 gauge is kind of overkill for home defense and over penetrates - goes trough walls. It carries 9 pellets in .36 caliber in #00 buck which is not that many. It was really made to shoot deer.

What most people don't know is that all shotguns of all gauges have very similar velocities when comparing apples to apples low brass, high brass, etc. The difference is in the payload which is stated in ounces on the box. More payload more powder more recoil more dispersion. Simple physics. The smaller the gauge (the tube) the tighter the pattern.

A 20 gauge high brass #3 buck shell runs 1250~1300 FPS and way faster shooting than any machine gun. #3 buck is 23 - .25 caliber pellets with each pull of the trigger. It's hamburger helper devastating on thin skinned critters - humans included. It was never made for deer sized game like the #00 12 gauge.

I actually test patterned my 20 gauge on a full size silhouette with the #3 buck. With the modified choke all pellets went into a 6 inch pattern at 25 feet. The Improved cylinder pattern was ~9-inches.

Last edited:
Reactions: mosin46
used to compete in the shotgun sports and have hunted with them all my life so I know them very well.
TLDR
So have I. I am 54. Ive run matches watching the average "buy a shotgun" people shoot them. Watch them fail miserably when a timer beeps.

Which is why I assert that a shotgun is a poor choice for a majority of people ESPECIALLY wimmerns.

Yes, a good 2-3/4 turkey load is plenty for inside the average home. If you live in a 6000ft² home, that idea changes.

I used to compete in the shotgun sports and have hunted with them all my life so I know them very well. For home defense a standard high brass #4 in 20 gauge is ideal. The payload is 24 - .24 inch (think .243) pellets at 1250 - 1300 fps. Trust me, you don't need a magnum load. High brass will do just fine

#4 buck 20 gauge has been made of un-obtanium for quite a while, but #3 is readily available. Very slight difference - inconsequential. 1 pellet difference and .25 vs .24 diameter between the two loads

It's like more than twice as easy to shoot as a 12 gauge. The 12 gauge is kind of overkill for home defense and over penetrates - goes trough walls. It carries 9 pellets in .36 caliber in #00 buck which is not that many. It was really made to shoot deer.

What most people don't know is that all shotguns of all gauges have very similar velocities when comparing apples to apples low brass, high brass, etc. The difference is in the payload which is stated in ounces on the box. More payload more powder more recoil more dispersion. Simple physics. The smaller the gauge (the tube) the tighter the pattern.

A 20 gauge high brass #3 buck shell runs 1250~1300 FPS and way faster shooting than any machine gun. #3 buck is 23 - .25 caliber pellets with each pull of the trigger. It's hamburger helper devastating on thin skinned critters - humans included. It was never made for deer sized game like the #00 12 gauge.

I actually test patterned my 20 gauge on a full size silhouette with the #3 buck. With the modified choke all pellets went into a 6 inch pattern at 25 feet. The Improved cylinder pattern was ~9-inches.
I liked it when certain rednecks shot my 18" Savage 311 loaded with 00 from the hip at a target on the ground at 25-30 feet, thinking it would be a 'scattergun' like in Hollywood westerns and completely miss, plowing up a 1' wide hole in the dirt.

#3 or #4 would shred anything inside a home and would even do a number on a charging bear's head.

Reactions: JAS-SH
TLDR
So have I. I am 54. Ive run matches watching the average "buy a shotgun" people shoot them. Watch them fail miserably when a timer beeps.

Which is why I assert that a shotgun is a poor choice for a majority of people ESPECIALLY wimmerns.

Yes, a good 2-3/4 turkey load is plenty for inside the average home. If you live in a 6000ft² home, that idea changes.
I have yet to see a woman that cannot handle a fitting 20 gauge. On the contrary.

Tell you a story. Back in the day - 40 years or so ago, the then head of the citrus grower association in FL would throw a Christmas party every year at their place. Huge property, surrounded by orange groves and a huge manicured house and surrounds within, plus it had a 5 hole par three course in the backyard and they would tell invitees to bring shotguns as well for a late afternoon before dinner shoot at clays and all the doves that flew in nightly.

I got invited to those parties - family thing. Lots of fun. Brought my 20 gauge over and under Browning Lighting superlight, and my golf clubs too :).

I was good enough then that I was assigned to not let any clay or dove survive. Someone missed, I'd shoot.

All of the women, even new to shotguns, could handle a 20 gauge, some quite well. No issues at all.

Remember, all shotguns are point and shoot - instinct. While a #3 buck 20 gauge demands about a 6- 9 inch pattern accuracy at 25 feet. Most every woman I know can point a 26-inch barreled 20 gauge and do that. Maybe not the first time, but very quickly after that with some minor instructions.

Last edited:

not saying SG is best HD weapon but i always felt that a 20g side by side mule ear is the best HD shogun. always loaded,never in battery,easy to cock in the dark. you have to make a deliberate move for it to be ready to fire. if you need more than that for an intruder,you might have insurmountable problems,needing AK/AR. auto loaders OK but always cocked and in battery. spring issues and saftey. pumps worst thing possible. i too have spent 1000s of 12g hunting and trap. 1st time i shot a pump at thrown clays after a 10yr layoff i would short stroke a bunch. an inexperienced shooter,scared shitless is gonna short stroke 2nd shot. combat pumps are meant to be used by experienced/trained infantry in close quarters,usually the point guy.

Reactions: JAS-SH
not saying SG is best HD weapon but i always felt that a 20g side by side mule ear is the best HD shogun. always loaded,never in battery,easy to cock in the dark. you have to make a deliberate move for it to be ready to fire. if you need more than that for an intruder,you might have insurmountable problems,needing AK/AR. auto loaders OK but always cocked and in battery. spring issues and saftey. pumps worst thing possible. i too have spent 1000s of 12g hunting and trap. 1st time i shot a pump at thrown clays after a 10yr layoff i would short stroke a bunch. an inexperienced shooter,scared shitless is gonna short stroke 2nd shot. combat pumps are meant to be used by experienced/trained infantry in close quarters,usually the point guy.Unles
Me included. To this day I have a really hard time with pumps. Could never get used to them because I started with a semi autos and ever since 40 years past all my scatter guns have been over and under. They just point so sweet! No one I know uses a side by side competitively - all O/Us.

Of course a person that grew up shooting a pump would have no issues. Side by sides, almost as good as over and under, but no quite - they pull left and right.

All modern double barrel shot guns have excellent safeties - loaded is not an issue, and they only take a couple of seconds to load anyways if the shells are right there. Mine are not ever loaded. I have a handgun handy so I can get to my shotgun.

Last edited:
Reactions: mosin46
agree ou much better for sport unless you grew up with s/s. my point was re mule eared s/s and saftey. hammers always at 1/2 cock,never in battery and easy to put that way. LOL if you can find a norinco or italian these days. ou just thumb saftey and always in battery. just my .02.