• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

UPS almost didnt ship a stock

PGG

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2010
North Texas
I sold a Bruce Bear solid aluminum stock the other day. Sent a guy who works for me to the UPS store and at first they told him they couldnt ship it because it was firearm related. Keep in mind this is just a huge block of aluminum never inletted or anything. I had my guy tell them to call a manager and finally got the ok. Is this normal of UPS? What a joke. No action, no trigger, no barrel, no ammo, no powder etc etc. PG

Re: UPS almost didnt ship a stock

Ive had that happen with a barrel blank before. I now tell them its a go cart axle. Im waiting for them to get shitty with shipping optics.

That was not UPS, that was the "UPS Store".

UPS will ship guns, parts, whatever....but you need to go to an actual UPS manned hub.

The UPS Store is a separate franchise that operates under their own shitty rules. Avoid them, don't support them, etc.

Best advice, get a UPS account online. Print your own postage and pay online, request a UPS pickup from your house or office. In the end it's easier and much cheaper. The UPS Store up charges the standard UPS rates quite a bit.

UPS Stores are a joke! I had a guy actually get into an arguement with me about why I could not ship a fiberglass stock thru them. I said YOU are not shipping it, UPS ships it, you all are just a pick up point. I also told him if he got loud with me one more time and came at me like he was about to get physical...... I would put him on his ass real quick. To get that pissed off about being corrected by a customer is absurd.

I later spoke to the owner of the store and he made the guy take a week off unpaid. Sometimes I stop in there for UPS envelopes, they are free, and the same guy will scurry off to the back room and not come out.

I detest UPS stores!!! I go directly to the hub.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">UPS Stores are a joke!

I detest UPS stores!!! I go directly to the hub. </div></div>

This ^^^. I avoid them like the plague. Last time I went to one was just to buy a box to ship a rifle. I explained what size box I was looking for and they asked what for... I explained to ship a rifle. Jaws hit the floor and all I heard was "You cant ship that". I had to explain on a 3rd grade level that I just wanted the damn box and that I was going to the hub.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Use FedEx. They don't fuck around. </div></div>

Just yesterday I sent a Sig 220 back to get some modifications done at Sig USA. Walked in to FedEx, told them what it was, handed them the shipping label, no issues.

UPS delivered an expensive stock to me last year. Written on the front of the box (per my instructions) was "Do not leave on the front porch. Please leave on the side of the house." Care to wager where it was left?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Yasherka</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Use FedEx. They don't fuck around. </div></div>

Just yesterday I sent a Sig 220 back to get some modifications done at Sig USA. Walked in to FedEx, told them what it was, handed them the shipping label, no issues.

UPS delivered an expensive stock to me last year. Written on the front of the box (per my instructions) was "Do not leave on the front porch. Please leave on the side of the house." Care to wager where it was left? </div></div>

The dumpster at the end of the block would be a good guess.
whistle.gif

If Ive said it once, Ive said it a thousand times....

<span style="font-size: 20pt"> FUCKUPS</span>

Ups store Is a joke and I wont go there again. I needed to ship a stock two days ago and happened to be in the neighborhood, so I stopped in. The guy working the counter was actually cool and understood my point and was willing to ship it as "wood parts" but I didnt want to risk problems insuring "wood parts" for $700 or him losing his job if something happened during shipment. The guy really was trying to be helpful. He says he has to turn alot of business away because he isnt allowed to ship ANY gun related parts. Its a shame.

Yes, UPS stores are a PITA, the UPS terminal usually has a better understanding of their own rules. Unless its a firearm, its a "machine part or auto part"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sold a Bruce Bear solid aluminum stock the other day. Sent a guy who works for me to the UPS store and at first they told him they couldnt ship it because it was firearm related. Keep in mind this is just a huge block of aluminum never inletted or anything. I had my guy tell them to call a manager and finally got the ok. Is this normal of UPS? What a joke. No action, no trigger, no barrel, no ammo, no powder etc etc. PG </div></div>

I've shipped several guns through my local UPS store. Nothin'. Not a peep. Very good people. Courteous and friendly. I dunno if it's expensive 'cause I got nuthin' to compare to.

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/ship/packaging/guidelines/firearms.html

Getting Your Firearm Shipment to UPS

Firearms (including handguns) may be shipped only through a UPS Scheduled Pickup Account (specifically, Daily Pickup, Daily On-Route Pickup, UPS Smart Pickup®, and Day-Specific Pickup), or through a UPS Customer Center (counters at UPS operational facilities). <span style="font-weight: bold">Note: Firearms (including handguns) are not accepted for shipment via, UPS Drop Boxes, UPS On-Call PickupSM, or at locations of The UPS Store® or any third party retailer. </span>

...and I concur: the people at The UPS Store locations are indeed F--KUPS.

I tried to ship about 1K of empty 223 brass I sold. Went to a UPS store and they looked at me like I had a dick growing out of my forehead. I had to drive 30 minutes to a UPS hub.

I absolutely detest Fedex.... They have lost my passport not once but a whopping 3 times... They don't have a hub near me and people that send things Fedex signature really stir my shit as Fedex NEVER shows up at the same time.

Think of this, Losing my passport could essentially cost me up to $200k/year depending on if the client drops me off the contract for not showing up.... I now have 2 US passports for this reason.

UPS stores can suck it also, Luckily we have a hub within 1/2 mile of the house

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Best advice, get a UPS account online. Print your own postage and pay online, request a UPS pickup from your house or office. In the end it's easier and much cheaper. The UPS Store up charges the standard UPS rates quite a bit.

</div></div>

+1 Online avoids this issue entirely .

Classic

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLoIGu3mm5o

The owner of a gun shop here in Lompoc has told me that it's so common for gun boxes to be delivered to him either empty, or with a brick in it to simulate the weight of a gun, that he has to check every single box before signing for it. Make sure you insure your stuff!

Had UPS deliver a handgun to a 13yr old down my street. I was on my phone tracking the order. Saw him drive up, blow past me, deliver 9 houses down. then as I waited on the curb assuming I was next, he drove past me as my phone updated to delivered. I caught him at the stop sign and showed him the mistake. He told me he already delivered and the more I told him what it was and what he did, he just kept repeating "i dont want to get involved"

I walked down to the neighboors and the kid denied everything. When I threatened id be back with a warrant , he handed me the OPENED BOX and unwrapped gun.

Thanks UPS I hope you still remember our chat
smile.gif

consequently I had NO issues sending it. However, oddly they asked me to bring it in , in plain sight

OK, here's a new one, at least it's new to me. UPS in Indianapolis, at the hub and NOT at a UPS Store, is requiring a visual of the FFL that my mom is shipping a shotgun to before they'll accept the shipment. They're being adamant about it and the FFL that it's being shipped to refuses to send a copy of the FFL to them.

Anyone run across this one before?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Redmanss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK, here's a new one, at least it's new to me. UPS in Indianapolis, at the hub and NOT at a UPS Store, is requiring a visual of the FFL that my mom is shipping a shotgun to before they'll accept the shipment. They're being adamant about it and the FFL that it's being shipped to refuses to send a copy of the FFL to them.

Anyone run across this one before?</div></div>

It's actually in their rules to only ship to an FFL from an individual, and then that FFL can ship it back to the same address. Unless I'm mistaken though that's Federal Law. If a place refuses to send me a copy of their FFL that I'm trying to do business with I go somewhere else. Most places will just send you a email with their FFL & SOT if you need it. If they won't give it to you in one form or another then it might be expired or their up to something. The same if your trying to sell to someone in another state if they try to avoid using an FFL there is probably a reason.