• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

UPS can kiss my a$$!

gi.mpl

Is that just about a perfect ass, or what?

Chris

I posted my delima on the other reloading thread here on SH. My order was lost for over a week at the UPS Shipping Center here in town and they told me it was my fault for not informing them of the haz-mat description on the box. I dont know about you guys but almost everything I get delivered from UPS has either been opened or the box is damaged. I hope you get your stuff but dont count on PV helping that much. When I thought my order was stolen I asked PV to ship the identical order and if need be I would pay for both (if the original order ever arrived). PV Customer Service said they would talk to the boss and get back with me because they were moving. Yea right.......never got a call back.

I've been very pleased with the service from UPS. My last delivery driver was a chick, attractive, and tough as nails. Not exactly like Chris Garrett's chick, but, well, maybe, under the uniform!!! She called me Rambo. I guess she recognized some of the suppliers I used, or maybe just knew about gun stuff.She would look for me, if not at home. My job, wifes job, family, whatever it took. The current driver is a big, strong, friendly dude. All of them have been very professional, and friendly. Lightman

Last edited:
Not exactly what my drivers look like......funny though.

UPS is the best in our area with USPS being the worst. I get a lot of business materials shipped to my home and I ship out a lot. Based on what I see I only use UPS. Not perfect but, in my experience, better than the rest. USPS lost a $1200 order I sent out and most recently they only delivered a lot of 45acp bullets after delivering them to a nice elderly nieghbor lady who was not home while having her mail held. I have also noticed that there is a consistant problem with packages clearly labeled/identified as shooting related with USPS.

The other thing I have noticed is that heavy things like bullets just dont get packaged well enough for any of the carriers. Most of the time its not a a problem but if they used better cardboard, more tape etc things would arrive better.

I hope BodyWerks gets his delivery.

I wouldn't use the USPS to send dog shit to my not so best friend! Fact: USPS is union and they don't give a shit! Fact: USPS won't go looking for anything that is lost or delivered to the wrong address. Fact: If the item is insured it takes forever to file a claim and get a refund from them. They want to try and get everyone else to pay for their mistake. I prefer UPS because if an item arrives early, they deliver and won't leave sitting in the warehouse like FedEx. UPS in every case of a lost or mis-delivered package has found it.

bodywerks, I hope you get your package without tomuch more of a hassle. Mine came in this evening, don't know what the delivery person looked like, but I do like the looks of the sweetspot on the one that is pictured in this thread!

My regular ups driver is awesome. The bosses in the office are the problem there. Only time I have problems with packages is when we have substitute or part time drivers. Especially around Christmas.

I quit the UPS gig towards the end of May for another job. The hours were terrible (11pm-3 am) and the pay not much better. My comment towards UPS employees was ill received by some and needs defending. UPS is big on promoting from within the company, which is great. However, many of my superiors were given their authority based on seniority rather than competency. The labor union made it very easy for sub-par employees to keep their job and climb the ladder all for doing nothing more than showing up and going through the motions.

Im with ya and im in a small town... my ups driver ive tried to get fired... hes leftmy stuff at other peoples houses... and left a gun of mine at someone elses house... thank god I saw him do it.

Hell , I came home to find my Gap 338 sitting on the doorstep in an rv park . Fedex just left it sitting there for 9 hours . I'm lucky it was still there !

G

I had a pistol in a fed ex box requiring adult signature left on my door step of an apartment complex. I was not amused. That was at another town where I used to live. My current Fed Ex delivery guy is pretty damn good and I always try to meet him in the driveway so he doesn't have to haul 3 or 4 crates of LC M2 ball to the door. One of the neighbors got a crate when a substitute had the route. He brought it over when I got home from work. He's a good egg and a fellow shooter which is a better stroke of luck than the doper who used to live across the street. Actually that doper is the cause why my UPS guy would put my packages in the garage. He's a hunter and a pretty good egg, we talk for a few minutes when I'm home.

Most of my bitches are from very poor packing, midway tends to F up the pack job, with bullets or cartridges rolling all around inside. I don't shop there much anymore. I had one package an AR 22 upper that I was watching turn around after being at the local terminal, went from at terminal to package and contents damaged and returned to sender. Ended up being looked at by Nordic and returned in fine shape.

I love it when I adjust my work schedule so I can be there for an important delivery I'm watching and in the morning I see it on the computer as on the truck for delivery and nothing shows. About 3:30pm I see the status as customer not home. Mother F'r was too lazy to finish his route and went back early. I've seen that more than once from both companies. Once I confronted the substitute driver the next day and all he could say is he had a lot of deliveries in another part of his route.

Last edited:
Received my brand new rifle scope delivered that was kind of flattened by truck wheels it had a nice little note on it to check the contents as they may have been damaged during shipping.lol I wonder how they came up with that determination? Maybe the truck tire tread marks on the flattened box? I am kind of disappointed that Schmidt&Bender did not pass the fully loaded truck run over test.

A.) Every company hires unqualified retards.
B.) Without mail service, life would suck.
C.) I find it damned amazing that something from across the country can make it to within a mile of my location in less than a week.

I've had a couple of mishaps with shipments before, but they get it right most of the time, and I love 'em.
So you got the brown end this time, do you really want to discredit their entire history of awesome because of that?

C'mon, now..

Although I have received some badly damaged packages at times, I have no complaints about my local UPS driver. He also is a fellow shooter and will stop and chat if I'm at home. Whenever I've had a package that requires a signature, he keeps stopping by until he catches me at home. He has even made an extra run to my house, late in the evening, just so he could get me my package before he got off work.

I did, however, learn a valuable lesson about shipping with UPS. A couple months ago, I was shipping a pair of motorcycle wheels/tires to a guy who bought them from me on eBay. After packaging them, I weighed and measured the box and calculated shipping on the UPS website. When I took my box in to the local UPS hub, the guy at the counter weighed and measured it and his calculations were exactly the same as what I had calculated and the price came out to be the same as what I had charged the buyer for shipping....somewhere around 80 bucks. I didn't have cash with me, so I paid with a credit card.....

....A few days later I check my credit card and see that UPS has charged my card $160. I called UPS to inquire about this and they told me that someone had measured along the line somewhere and determined that the measurements were larger than what I had been charged for, so they simply billed the extra charge to my card. I was pissed, so I fired off a series of emails to UPS, explaining that I had measured it myself and their employee at my local hub had come up with the same dimensions, so I found it hard to believe that my box could have grown in transit. Eventually, UPS refunded the extra charge, but the lesson I learned was to never give them a credit card....always pay cash! I talked with my local UPS guys and they told me that if you pay cash, UPS will not ever ask you to pay more after the box has shipped. However, if you give them a card number, they can recalculate fees while in transit and hit you with a higher charge. Now I always make sure to hit the ATM on the way to ship something at UPS.

I have another UPS story with a happy ending. I placed an order with Midway on Tuesday morning and selected 2nd day UPS shipping because I needed the item quickly. Well, Midway screwed around and didn't even ship it until Thursday evening. At 9:13pm on Thursday, it was in Kansas City, MO....900 miles from me. Then, at 4:26am today (Friday), it was in Louisville, KY....1,300 miles from me. At this point, I thought there was no way I would get it today as it was going in the wrong direction! However, 2 1/2 hours later, at 6:58am, it was in Lubbock, TX, 300 miles from me. Then, at 8:05am it was in Midland, Texas....170 miles from me. At 10am, there was a knock on my door and my UPS driver handed me the box! Unbelievable!!....less than 13 hours to travel all that distance, through 5 UPS hubs and to my door! I have a problem with Midway taking 3 days to ship my package, but no complaints about the efficiency of UPS in getting it to me.

I sent my Glock 20 in for servicing at Glock. One short week later it was sitting on my door step. Great turn around, great shipping, not so great that it didn't receive a signature for delivery. I was gone for a few days, so it was on my doorstop for a day and a half. I don't remember the carrier.

Dumbass driver left it at a house two streets over. They recovered it and had my fiancé sign for it (this time).
Regardless, i am requesting FedEx whoever i order anything from now on.

I like how UPS said they managed to put some big blue boxes of brass, bullets and powder under you doormat bahaha

My UPS driver is great. However, I feel bad for him when he delivers a package that was obviously beat to a pulp by the idiots handling it before him. He'll hand it to me with an apology and makes note of it on his end. That seems to make claims easier on my end. His 'give-a-$h*t' factor is high...and I appreciate that.

Im with ya and im in a small town... my ups driver ive tried to get fired... hes leftmy stuff at other peoples houses... and left a gun of mine at someone elses house... thank god I saw him do it.
This type of comment makes me think of the person who goes out to dinner, cusses their waiter and is then surprised to find that some one spit in their food.

MY company gets like a 87% discount through FedEX. I just use our corporate account to send shipments and pay with my CC. When I have a private party send my stuff I just create and pay for the label and e-mail it to the shipper. Works out nice. UPS is about worthless.

A.) Every company hires unqualified retards.
B.) Without mail service, life would suck.
C.) I find it damned amazing that something from across the country can make it to within a mile of my location in less than a week.

I've had a couple of mishaps with shipments before, but they get it right most of the time, and I love 'em.
So you got the brown end this time, do you really want to discredit their entire history of awesome because of that?

C'mon, now..
One screw up take away a lifetime of atta boys.

Had my UPS problems but all I can say is be glad it wasn't Fedex!! They are terrible at taking care of problems...

This type of comment makes me think of the person who goes out to dinner, cusses their waiter and is then surprised to find that some one spit in their food.

That implies he tried getting him fired BEFORE he delivered things to random people.

Your comment makes me think you are a waiter. :)

i got an awesome UPS delvery gal, always a big smile on when she says, more flamables!!
Met her and her husband at the range once, good people.

And yesterday marks the 4th time in a year!
I ordered hard to find 300otm's from Natchez. I get the shipping confirmation and it expected 6/3 for delivery. Yesterday comes and goes.
I call Natchez and they show it delivered yesterday "on front door mat". Again, i don't have a door mat. Here we go again...
Of coarse, Natchez doesn't have any more in stock:(:mad::banghead:

Damn! Sucks to have the bad guys ripping you off. Then again, if I lived in your neck of the woods, I'd be a constant visitor to Brunos ...

On a somewhat related subject.Is UPS the only way you can ship loaded ammo.I want to ship ammo to my sister-in-law but I do not know how to ship it.
Schultz

That implies he tried getting him fired BEFORE he delivered things to random people.

Your comment makes me think you are a waiter. :)

No, not in the food service industry. I do deal with the public on a daily basis though. Irrational, angry or otherwise extreme actions("...my ups driver ive tried to get fired...") are treated as such. Personally, I would: find the driver, introduce myself, explain his mistake, make sure he knew which house is mine and tell him "Thanks". If it happened again then I would move the issue up the chain.

I have done a fair amount of ordering online for this and other interest. I have had good service from each of the carriers but each will make mistakes from time to time. USPS is good but lacks accurate tracking. FED EX is good but I can have three different drivers(FED EX, FED EX Ground or FED EX Residential) for my location on a given day. I have one UPS driver and he has my cell number. When I have a choice of carriers it is an easy one.