• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

UPS lately - WTF????

buckey

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 3, 2007
Pittsburgh, Pa
I am having some problems as of late receiving parts from a couple vendors that use UPS to deliver them.

Bought 2 bolt handles from Terry Cross (KMW) on Monday. He said he was shipping them out that day & emailed me a invoice and a link to UPS with the tracking #.

Been checking the tracking all week & all the info I get is that a label was made for this package & more info would be available when package arrived at facility - not sure what's goin on here??

Ordered a barrel on Tuesday from Third Generation Shooters Supply - it shipped on Wednesday but I am getting the same info as above when I check that tracking # - WTF??

Tried calling Terry & left a message for him to call me back about this, but haven't heard back yet. Called & talked with the guys at Third Generation - barrel definetly went out on Wednesday - they are kinda baffled also!!

Anyone know if UPS computer system for tracking crashed or is having dificulties??

I am getting a little worried here!!

Re: UPS lately - WTF????

Same problem here on a complete build that was sent to have a cerakote job. UPS can't locate any info on the tracking number provided. This has been going on for 3 weeks...

Damn Night Hunter that sucks!! WTF is goin on with UPS here?? This is the first time I really had an issued with them.

Did you file a claim?? What are they telling you the problem is??

Havent had any problems here with U.P.S in any of my 9 orders from different vendors this past few weeks,so dont know what to tell you,it does sound like your first vendor has not taken the part to U.P.S for shippment yet but just generated the label only though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buckey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn Night Hunter that sucks!! WTF is goin on with UPS here?? This is the first time I really had an issued with them.

Did you file a claim?? What are they telling you the problem is?? </div></div>

I have been assured that it has not been lost and is in transit to me. It was mixed up in a batch of shipping from my local shop and went to the wrong original address. Ok, I get that, that shop put it back in the mail (UPS) to me 2 weeks and 3 days ago. It has not shown up yet and I will file a claim if it does not by monday of next week. My problem is they can't find info on the tracking #, so I'm not sure why they tell me it is still in transit...

Not sure Nevada Hunter - Terry is a great guy & said the bolt knobs were shipping out that day - told me on the phone & in an email to me with the invoice.

I've been trying to contact him - phone & emails - but I can't seem to get hold of him to check on this for me.

Night Hunter - that does sound strange!! They tell you that its in transit but can't tell you where the hell its at??

Going to call UPS in the morning & have them put a tracer on this stuff to see where the hell its at!!

UPS dropped my upper off about two blocks away on my street at some random house, the address wasn't even close and the package was labeled correctly, freaking stupid.

Don't wait, sometimes the labels get ripped off and they can't read them, therefore they get sent to overgoods. In the UPS system, it should not take any longer than 5 days, that's shipped ground.
Call 1-800-PICK UPS, tell them what is going on and that when you tracked that it is stuck at such and such location. Tell them that you are gonna want your refund back on the shipping costs too, I work for UPS so I hope this helps.

We have from time to time employed some real winners. Most guys that are on their own routes do not misdeliver pkgs, but the new guys do. They are pushed by the pencil pushers at the hub to go faster....which sucks because most of the boss's now, never drove before.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gonzaga</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't wait, sometimes the labels get ripped off and they can't read them, therefore they get sent to overgoods. In the UPS system, it should not take any longer than 5 days, that's shipped ground.
Call 1-800-PICK UPS, tell them what is going on and that when you tracked that it is stuck at such and such location. Tell them that you are gonna want your refund back on the shipping costs too, I work for UPS so I hope this helps.

We have from time to time employed some real winners. Most guys that are on their own routes do not misdeliver pkgs, but the new guys do. They are pushed by the pencil pushers at the hub to go faster....which sucks because most of the boss's now, never drove before. </div></div>

Thanks, I'll call this number tomorrow!

I ordered some AR mags a few weeks ago from a well known mfr company. Before I finished checking out my Ups shipping charge was about $45. This was for 3 mags that was ups ground with estimated 5 day delivery.

I emailed the mfr. They finally told me they had been having problems with the shipping system for a few days. There are definitely some problems that ups needs to address. Needless to say the mag order was cancelled b

Never had a problem with things not showing up. I have noticed that it takes 5-7 days to arrive even if it's coming from the next state over.

Well checked my tracking #'s again this morning - same bullshit!!

I ordered another barrel from Third Generation yesterday morning & am getting the same damn message on that tracking # - I think the UPS computer system for tracking packages is fucked up!!

Yeah they just lost a package of mine as well...

They didn't seem to concerned about it... not even a little bit.

I'm second guessing my business account with them.

The only thing that keeps me with the are the two drivers that have our rural route they are pretty good guys.

Man it seems UPS is really dropping the ball clear across the USA as of late!!

I've been having issues with them too. Had a rifle shipped to me, from Oklahoma, and it made it all the way to my hub, but never got delivered......went missing for 2 weeks and magically showed back up at the hub in Oklahoma.....and it wasn't an issue with the label....I contacted the shipper. They never had to verify any address. They recently lost 1,000 rounds of ammo being shipped to me, and that was never found. From speaking with the UPS rep, apparently they've had problems hiring sorters over the past few years. The packages don't disappear in the hands of the drivers, it's the sorters.

UPS delivered a rifle last week That Mike Bush finished up and it was insured for a couple thousand, they left the ------ thing leaning against my front door and it sat their for the better part of 4 hours until i got home from work. Thought someone had to sign for it if it was insured?

Well, I'm sure UPS does have some problems, just like any business. Just don't be so quick to jump on UPS because I have seen what might appear to be UPS problems are actually problems with the vendors not getting the packages into UPS's hands after they generate a shipping request.

I can understand the frustration if there are problems once UPS has actually picked up the package and they fumble the transportation, tracking, or delivery. Also, not sure a signature is required unless the shipper requests a signature, and pays the extra fee for this.

Have not had any issues myself and I deal with UPS on a regular basis. Best of luck to all, and as some have said, suggest you track your packages carefully and place a complaint quickly once you have verified it is a definite UPS problem. Just make sure the problem is with UPS and not a vendor who told you "they shipped" the package, as I have seen this happen on a regular basis.

Just got an email from Terry Cross - UPS finally got back to him & they have no idea where the package is at!!

Terry being a stand-out guy is shipping me 2 more bolt handles today - hopefully they're goin out by US Postal Service!!

UPS is awesome. I especially liked my last package sent that went from Whittier, CA to Harrisburg, PA then to my residence in La Crescenta, CA. Yes, CA to PA to CA. Thanks UPS.

WTF is up with them - seems like they sure know how to produce a cluster fuck!!

Sorry about all of the hasles guys, I cant even begin to tell you how sorry I am.

State to state should only be a day or two, AT THE MOST. Hell we get stuff in from California in two days, three at the most.

I have a lot of stuff shipped via UPS with the company I work for. Almost every box has lots of damaged. These are good double walled boxes. I am so sick of it I just started fileing complaints with them. So they have been paying and paying.

I bet it is due to the cost saving measures they are doing. The same old get it done faster not right.

The guys that load the trailers are idiots. When I unload our trailer in the morning, I see boxes of paper(50lbs) loaded on top of boxes that say fragile. The boxes end up looking like crap and they don't care, that's because they don't have to deliver them. I hate taking boxes into my customers like that.

Nothing against U.P.S,about 5 years ago I applied for a seasonal loading job with U.P.S,me and about 4 other guys were given a tour of the hub ( MLK/HWY95)here in Las Vegas,all I can say is that after seeing the way the workers there treated the shipments,and there total lack of work ethnics I decided that U.P.S wasnt for me.............

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nevada Hunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nothing against U.P.S,about 5 years ago I applied for a seasonal loading job with U.P.S,me and about 4 other guys were given a tour of the hub ( MLK/HWY95)here in Las Vegas,all I can say is that after seeing the way the workers there treated the shipments,and there total lack of work ethnics I decided that U.P.S wasnt for me............. </div></div>

I don't ship or order fragile expensive things with "OOPS".
I met a truck in my driveway for a delivery once. The gal didn't see me walk up to the side door when she jumped into the rear to grab my stuff. Apparently some other packages had fallen in the aisle so she moved them AIRBORNE-STYLE with malice to the front of the truck where I was. I saw a large flat screen monitor box impact hard right before my eyes.
When she turned around it was like I just caught her cheating on her old man, she just froze until I reached for my box and walked off shaking my head.
I always assumed they played soccer with some packages. It was just a funny thought until I saw it happen. Some poor sap just got a FUBAR'd monitor. In hindsight, I should've turned her in.

Morale? GET THE INSURANCE! "Fragile" "Do Not Fold" "This Side Up" "Explosive" mean nothing to some drivers and workers. Neither does missing merchandise.

Also...

When they pick up multiple packages they charge me for multiple pickups. (ie: charge a fee for each packaged picked up because I am remote) even though they have only made 1 stop.

So instead of the $13 for 1 remote pick up they ding me $13 for each package. Often times I have 5 or 6 packages.

Complete scam if you ask me.

I call and e-mail CS and get the run around each time.

UPS screwed me over on a 7mm barrel i sold and shipped to a member on here. Only the empty tube showed up! There was so much tape on the packing that there was no way it "fell out"

I refunded the guy his money and still haven't received my claim check from UPS.

Midway tried to ship an order to my house last week via UPS, but it got kicked back upon reaching the local depot because "recipient is no longer at this address". Kinda odd, considering that no delivery attempt was made, and that UPS had no problem making two other deliveries to my house in the past week.

We as drivers don't get any credit for those pick ups, in other words they dont count towards our payed day. the company is screwing up big time. They are losing customers every day for stupid shit.
Here's an example of what are supervisors tell us to do. " if a customer tries to give you a pkg while your on your route, tell them that they have to schedule a pickup with ups(10.00 or more)".......I tell my customers just to give me a call and I will swing by and pick it up for them. Now that being said, I have route where I do 70-115 stops per day and about 200 miles or so. So I figure since I'm in the neighborhood, it makes sense to pick it up. There are some real by the book aholes that work for us too.

My advice to you guys is this, when in doubt file a claim rightaway. Don't wait, you can call in concerns(find out where, when, if, time) that your pkg is going to arrive. If it says it is supposed to be there on Thu, it should be or I would be finding out why it ain't.

I hope this helps guys, sorry for all of the tools at UPS.