• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

UPS shipping question.

EarlSwagger66

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Supporter+
  • Sep 19, 2019
    NW Illinois
    In the process of purchasing and printing label, UPS made it clear I had to schedule pickup and get driver signature for insurance to attach, as opposed to shipping from UPS store as I have usually done. I was surprised as I have taken several items to the UPS store and insured them, without issue. I would be grateful for comments.

Sounds to me like an auto form. d just take it to the UPS office like normal.

Reactions: EarlSwagger66
    Sounds like high value. To print your own label, system auto generates 2 copies of driver sign form. Not sure if you could take to UPS store but you probably could take to UPS if you don't want to schedule pickup.

Sounds like high value. To print your own label, system auto generates 2 copies of driver sign form. Not sure if you could take to UPS store but you probably could take to UPS if you don't want to schedule pickup.
    Thanks. Valued at $3k. I’m going to catch a driver, get a signature, and hand off. I’m adding a pic of the language. It’s fine, I was just surprised.
    CF412F39-69FC-4BA4-9073-4BD3FEE965A0.jpeg

^^^ Thats odd. I usually ship fed Ex and shipe\ some really high $$$ items. I always take them to the office and when receiving items always have them held at the local office.

Reactions: EarlSwagger66
    Stores won't generally, in my experience, knowingly take firearms, based on my experience anyways. High value Machine parts another story.

I ran into this earlier this year (just after new year) in that they would no longer allow higher value declarations at UPS stores, have to haul it to an actual UPS site. Makes you feel really good about the folks hired at the UPS stores . . .

Must have had folks declaring $6000 anvils and making claims . . .