• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

UPS won’t ship rifle stock

Stevo86

No one
Supporter
Minuteman
Supporter+
  • May 26, 2014
    So took a McMillan stock to the UPS store to get shipped, already packaged with shipping label. Women asked what it was... since it said McMillan rifle stocks on the box I told her, she went on to say she couldn’t ship the stock due to UPS policy of not shipping rifles and rifle parts? This is a new one on me. Is this correct?

So took a McMillan stock to the UPS store to get shipped, already packaged with shipping label. Women asked what it was... since it said McMillan rifle stocks on the box I told her, she went on to say she couldn’t ship the stock due to UPS policy of not shipping rifles and rifle parts? This is a new one on me. Is this correct?
    Bull shit. I’ve shipped handguns through UPS LOL

It's the little small hole in the wall shops that do that, the local dick weed UPS store in our town pulls that shit to Fed ex as well.
    The irony of it though is that I can walk into the local post office and mail whatever I want so long as there isn't a hazmat issue.
    Go figure

UPS probably transports tens of thousands of "rifles and rifle parts" everyday. Get you own account online, print your own labels and just drop off or hand to driver.

Reactions: Bender
    Had a similar experience wit the local store when I shipped a barrel back to Shilen. The dude got on board after I explained to him it wasn't a regulated item. People that aren't into guns don't know shit about this stuff.

UPS probably transports tens of thousands of "rifles and rifle parts" everyday. Get you own account online, print your own labels and just drop off or hand to driver.
    I have an account and print my own labels, but I missed the driver today and had to get to get it shipped out today, so I took it to the ups store to ship only to find out they wouldn’t do it, even though I’ve shipped stocks and parts through them before.

I had to send a Savage in for service and the customer service rep said send it UPS . I went to a local store . While in line the guy behind the counter ask what I need to ship . I tell him a rifle and he fukin loses it . He starts F bombin and saying you can't do that " It's a terrorist attack " . This fat effin tard has a full blown meltdown . The whole time he's screaming this shit in front of my five year old son . I wanted to beat this fucker within two inches of his life so I could give him a moment to reflect . And then beat him aithin an inch . Luckily I stayed calm and was a2are that if the cops show up it would cost me more in legal fees to get it back than it was worth . I don't understand these tards and the shit they get away with . If I had said half the shit this loon spewed I'd a got locked the fuck up .

Never go to the strip mall copy-shop "stores". They hire the least competent minimum wage morons in the labor pool. I believe they've been instructed not to accept any firearms related packages. I speculate this isn't because it's against UPS policy to ship but because UPS doesn't trust these part timers and is probably (rightfully) concerned about these high quality employees (who may or may not have criminal records) having access to firearms.

I go to a local UPS distribution hub shipping center and they are super cool because they are actually trained professionals that understand the law and their own company's policies.

The UPS Store is not UPS, you have to go to UPS direct for anything gun related,

The UPS Store will not ship anything gun related, different animal than UPS proper
    The UPS Store is not UPS, you have to go to UPS direct for anything gun related,

The UPS Store will not ship anything gun related, different animal than UPS proper
    Usually they just pick up at my shop, never an issue, missed the guy today so me thinking UPS store means UPS.... didn’t think there would be a problem. Lesson learned I guess.

Reactions: oneshot86 and 1J04
    Call UPS and complain about the store and say that you are going to the Internet to complain about their policy. And that you want an apology from the store or to have their franchise revoked... And tell everyone in your area that the store is Anti 2a and not to do business with them.

Screw these businesses. Firearms are a civil right. If they won't support your civil rights, you can sue them faster than a fag at a Christian baker!

Cheers,

Sirhr

If feasible, take it directly to an UPS shipping center NOT a strip mall store. Price will be significantly less and they won't give you a stupid runaround.
    He already had the label. The policy at the store outlets is NO firearms. But this doesn’t include s stocks, barrels or any other shit. The broad at the store was wrong

shes just a stupid cunt who doesnt know what shes talking about......all my gun parts get shipped UPS.

find another postal center or ask to speak to a manager.

Same policy here w the UPS Stores, No firearms can be shipped, i have to go to a main hub BUT i have shipped parts, even complete uppers at the stores. I argued it can not make a functional firearm with the parts in the box!!!!!

Oddly enough, you can ship guns thru a fedex store, like the kinkos or whatever it’s called now, but you have to go to Ann industrial hub to ship ammo

Local Kincos here same policy won't ship firearms or ammo.

Frank's right, I just found out this on Friday trying to send back a scope to SWFA. I didn't know but the UPS Stores are franchises. They dope millenial HOGG looking guy bout freaked out when I told him it was a scope.

He was like... "We can't ship rifle parts or accessories".. I told him there are other places to ship and UPS won't get my business. After he explained it to me.. I said ohhhh.... well YOU won't get by business. (He shipped it after I told him that you can use it to spot birds and planets)

I can't believe UPS would allow them to use Logo's, Store Front etc...

but oh well..

Funny thing is that I got prepaid shipping labels from 3 different manufacturers, and they direct you to the closest UPS store when you print the label.

If feasible, take it directly to an UPS shipping center NOT a strip mall store. Price will be significantly less and they won't give you a stupid runaround.
    -
    This what said .. I always go to the nearest shipping 'Hub' of UPS to ship anything firearms related . the nearest Hub to me is about 30 minute drive one-way, but it worth the hour drive for the Zero headaches of having to try to talk to the UPS 'store' counter worker monkeys .

Reactions: gigamortis
    NEVER say what's (really) in the box! but i've never been asked. and yes, print your own and hand it to the driver (who is delivering you more gun parts).

NEVER say what's (really) in the box! but i've never been asked. and yes, print your own and hand it to the driver (who is delivering you more gun parts).
    "machine parts" or "sporting equipment" are usually what i go with.

I was at a UPS Store to ship a pre paid package and they wouldn't accept a guy's pellet gun. But like I told the boy, package it yourself and tell them it's machined parts. Not really a lie. Or take it a UPS drop off location. Either way, the UPS Stores have always been anti gun for some reason.

You have bumped into what in colloquial terms is referred to as "A Retard."

A few years ago, the exact same thing happened to me sat a UPS store, (Mcmillan stock and alll) a few months later I attempted to use the same store to get a title signature notarized, they wouldn’t do it. I don’t use the UPS Stores anymore unless I’m in a bind.

I recently shipped a barrel to a well known smith from the ups store. They asked what I was shipping and my reply was precision machine parts. Worked for them...

Jesus H Christ. Try some "creative writing" exercises when naming gun parts to ship. And stop shipping in boxes with a big fucking picture of an AR15 on it. Don't you have an extra Amazon box laying around?

It's a McMillan bedded projector retention device. It's only ancillary but very effective in precise placement of projected heavy elements. Specifically heavy metals. You know, physics.

yep, them ups stores are some stupid bastards

Agree with the others, fuck these UPS "stores". Go to the real UPS, staffed by actual UPS employees and you will never have a problem.

BTW, bet that UPS Store would have no problem charging you $100 just to package the stock though. That's where they really rape you, on the packaging.

Had a similar experience with a UPS store a few years back. Was only shipping a stock just like the OP and no matter how much I tried to explain it was only a stock the girl behind the counter nearly had a nuclear melt down. Was almost on the verge of calling the police, kind of surprised they weren't called. Just a stock, nothing more and they lost their minds. Couldn't believe it.

Bullshit, in that order.

R

Ive got a UPS store box and get stuff shipped there all the time. But like Lowlight said, outbound shipping is different with them. The old owner was a good guy. I got to talking with him about it one day. It's a liability and insurance issue for them.

Ever since I got raped shipping my first pistol years ago I’ve never told this clowns what’s in my boxes since problem solved...

Some hippie at a UPS store refused to ship a Bushnell XRS back to Bushnell in the original scope box. I asked to speak to her manager, who happened to be the other fat piece shit hippie sitting across the office. He didn’t even get up. He yelled “we don’t ship gun parts!” I wasn’t upset about it until I noticed how much enjoyment those two fuck heads got out of refusing service to a 2A supporter. Just another reason I hate people and stay away from “town”.

I ship with UPS often... The stores can not ship an action or a lower; however, they can ship other machine parts. Having said that, I did have this happen once before and the nuckel nut behind the counter was an anti gun freak. I spoke with the owner the next day and have had not further issues... she no longer works there.

If you are shipping an action you do have to go to the UPS hub.

Bullshit, you can ship a stock through UPS or anyone else for that matter. It's a piece of wood, plastic, whatever. Some of the 3rd party dropoff locations do have their own policies and the one close to me won't accept firearms but will take parts including barrels, uppers and other parts. And they take your word for it. When I ran a sale on here last year, I sold off all my Mega and Aero lowers and uppers (you guys that got 'em got killer deals). All those lowers were shipped through regular UPS I believe (not a store or 3rd party) and were declared. They tracked the shipment but I don't recall them making me send them next day or anything. And they gave me no problems.

Or USPS and just mail it. They don't ask. But it's wise not to send lowers and firearms through them. Chances are you won't get caught, but if you do it's not gonna be pretty. Just not worth it. They don't like dealing with hazmat or ORM-D packages either and don't like accepting them from Fedex or UPS if you have a PO Box (so don't have your powder or primers sent to your PO Box via Fedex or UPS!). Have that sent to your home or work or some other address. Reason they don't do it anymore is that ALL USPS mail is airmail now, so they have to comply with FAA. But they'll take parts and everything else, no problem. I regularly pick up and mail out non-registered, non-restricted stuff, or did anyway, haven't done much lately. Don't know how many KAC, Dillon, Lapua, Brownells, other parts and weapon's mfg.'s, etc. boxes they've signed for me in the past, most shipped Fedex or UPS to my PO Box using PO's physical address and signing a form allowing USPS to sign for my packages, a killer service if you have a PO Box.

When I mail firearms, I take those directly to a Fedex or UPS store, not a 3rd party. Usually I'm mailing to a mfg. for warranty, so usually they send me a shipping label. If they don't, then I basically do it the same way though I think they require next day air for handguns IIRC. Fedex anyway. I generally ship directly to the mfg. or dealer and they generally send it right back to me, no dealer involved.

Sounds like some of you have 3rd party locations, "UPS Stores" or whatever, that have made their own PC policies and went overboard with it. Best thing to do is avoid 'em, call 'em out and post it at your local range, whatever. Use actual UPS or Fedex locations, or just use USPS if it's not ORM-D, Hazmat or a registered firearm part like a receiver or frame.

Hubs for serialized receivers and machine parts for everything else.

How UPS Stores get away calling themselves "UPS" Stores is baffling to me. Like going to IHOP and them saying that they don't have pancakes.

Yep happened to a friend of mine too. Except the lady after hearing gun parts said I will just list it as tools and made the same statement of UPS won't ship gun parts. I laughed when he told me because like others have said they do it every day. I like the machine parts. Would work every time.