• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Upstate SC

JMcQ

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 19, 2019
SC
After lurking for a long time I figured I was overdue to join.
I’ve messed around over at that AR15 site since 05. Unfortunately they aren’t concerned with shooting that much over there anymore. I plan to play over here in the precision rimfire section to start, but I can tell this place is going to cost me more than the HK forums did.

Lived in Clemson for 8 years, up in North Carolina now. Welcome.

Another welcome from Pickens County.

Edit to add you are absolutely correct. This is an awfully expensive site even if you don't go premium.

Pickens county, Land of Osterine and overpaid coaches.

I’m from the land of drugs and trailer houses. Dorchester County.

Reactions: Howland
It could be argued all D1 coaches are overpaid. Dabo is at the top of the game and is paid accordingly.
Of course I’m a Clemson fan so I’m a little bias

Reactions: 12Bravo
It could be argued all D1 coaches are overpaid. Dabo is at the top of the game and is paid accordingly.
Of course I’m a Clemson fan so I’m a little bias

Dabo is gonna pull a Spurrier except he is gonna go to Alabama.

I am in Oregon now, but moved last year from Greer/Greenville area. When you get the itch to really stretch it out and shoot some long range check out South Carolina Official Training Ground (SCOTG).

I am in Oregon now, but moved last year from Greer/Greenville area. When you get the itch to really stretch it out and shoot some long range check out South Carolina Official Training Ground (SCOTG).

Sadly, they are not accepting membership. Rumor has it that the operators left for greener pastures and the owner decided not to continue.

It's too bad. I would have been grateful for a place within an hour to reach out to 1,000+ yards.

Sadly, they are not accepting membership. Rumor has it that the operators left for greener pastures and the owner decided not to continue.

It's too bad. I would have been grateful for a place within an hour to reach out to 1,000+ yards.
That is too bad, I hadn't heard that.

Clinton House outside of Clinton claims to have a 1000 yd range. I've shot there for a match and we hit 950 on a stage that wasn't at their "1000 yard range"

However, I think you need to be a member to shoot rifle there.

Welcome from the Upstate.

Clinton House, last I saw, was trying to push their range out to 1500 then a mile. Iirc you dont have to be a member. They just wave the range fees if you are, and you'll get back seated to members. Their long rifle range is appointment only (even for members).

I have plans to push to about 600 yards at home from the 140 I have cleared now.
It’s going to take quite a while since I have to hand cut. I live in the foothills so nothings flat and the woods are thick with tons of thorns etc.
Clinton house is a option but I rarely get time to spend a whole day doing anything.
It sucks there isn’t anything in Greenville CO.

Since I can only shoot about 140 yards I did put this together
DXkk83Q.jpg

Reactions: kill_zone67
I have plans to push to about 600 yards at home from the 140 I have cleared now.
It’s going to take quite a while since I have to hand cut. I live in the foothills so nothings flat and the woods are thick with tons of thorns etc.
Clinton house is a option but I rarely get time to spend a whole day doing anything.
It sucks there isn’t anything in Greenville CO.
Yeah, the only thing in Greenville is the Greenville Gun Club in Conestee. I haven't been a member there since the late 90s.

A range at home sounds like a good thing, however. I wish I weren't in the city limits and has the acreage to do this myself.

Hey all. Also from Pickens. So just to tack onto what was said about Clinton House. They do have 1000 yard range with targets every 100 yards out. They do require a membership to shoot the 1000 but well worth it imo. They also have “mile days” where they put targets at a mile on their normal 1000 yard range (1 mile target is only there on mile days I’m assuming for safety/liability concerns). Anyways, they do allow non-members to shoot for a nominal fee on both the 1000 and the Mile Days as long as your with a member...not sure if their are other restrictions. As another option, anyone willing to drive should highly consider Arena Training Facility in Blakely, GA. They got to 2200 meters UKD and expanding to 2500 I believe. Super nice folks there too and nice covered shooting etc. They do open range days every month or so at Arena for $50. Perhaps we should have a local meet and greet, preferably in Pickens since it seems lots of people from there ;)

After lurking for a long time I figured I was overdue to join.
I’ve messed around over at that AR15 site since 05. Unfortunately they aren’t concerned with shooting that much over there anymore. I plan to play over here in the precision rimfire section to start, but I can tell this place is going to cost me more than the HK forums did.
Jim where about in Landrum? So funny my parents live there as well. Dad has access to River Bend Sportsman's Club, but doesn't go as much these days....he plays tennis 5 days a week, swims 3 days and hikes a lot with mom. We will be shooting a ton together this winter they come down next weekend to FL for the winter. If you are down this way give me a hoot and come out to JTAC(just outside Tampa)....steel out to 2,000. I'm indoctrinating him into suppressed rimfire shooting golf balls on a string.....all I know is I hope 22lr comes down in price soon!
1604234437717.png

Last edited:
Reactions: acudaowner
Jim where about in Landrum? So funny my parents live there as well. Dad has access to River Bend Sportsman's Club, but doesn't go as much these days....he plays tennis 5 days a week, swims 3 days and hikes a lot with mom. We will be shooting a ton together this winter they come down next weekend to FL for the winter. If you are down this way give me a hoot and come out to JTAC(just outside Tampa)....steel out to 2,000. I'm indoctrinating him into suppressed rimfire shooting golf balls on a string.....all I know is I hope 22lr comes down in price soon!
View attachment 7459811
I’ll keep this post in mind.
I still have family in St Cloud but don’t go down that often. I guess I have a excuse now. I live near highway 11 between 101-14 ( Greer side)
I love it but the hills do mess up any long range shooting.

I’ll keep this post in mind.
I still have family in St Cloud but don’t go down that often. I guess I have a excuse now. I live near highway 11 between 101-14 ( Greer side)
I love it but the hills do mess up any long range shooting.

I just rolled through that way visiting family in Greer. You're pretty close.

Did those hills get in the way of opening up to 600?

I just rolled through that way visiting family in Greer. You're pretty close.

Did those hills get in the way of opening up to 600?

They do for now but work purchased a D5 if I can ever get it out to the house