• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

URSA Virginia Fun Shoot from May 25th - pics and comments

URSA Facilitator

Private
Minuteman
One of the shooters at yesterday's (May 25th's) fun shoot in Virginia has posted some pics and comments in a thread he started on LongRangeHunting.

URSA Virginia Fun Shoot with pictures - Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Unclear whether his comment, "The 3000, 3300, and 3600 yard targets left unscathed for the day." referred only to his shooting or the group's. I suspect his own as he noted he'd run out of scope, "just under 3000".

Hope to post much more in the next few days.

Great shooting, gotta be a lot of fun and some people don't understand why people like to shoot so far.

This was a very fun shooting experience. It is very addicting shooting over 2000 yards and I definitely have already solved my scope base issue. To clarify, there were no hits past 2500 target. Shooting these big wildcats gets the adrenalin flowing and engaging a target at that distance puts shooter skill and equipment to the test. I found my weak link in my optics equipment and that has been resolved. So shooter skill is up next when my base gets here. I highly recommend everyone check out this organization and these events. URSA is a fledgling organization that is on top of the 2k yard plus game, getting shooters together around the world who want to push the boundaries of shooter knowledge and cartridge design. The more people involved, the more data collected, making 2 miles a realistic goal for more enthusiasts. Overall, great organization, great shoot, and great guns. Highly recommended.

Raven:

Thanks for your interest.

Please contact the Regional Director (RD) for your region - for their listing see Contacts

If there is currently no RD defined for your area, please e-mail me with your contact info (name and e-mail address) and I'll pass it along once that RD is identified. I'm at [email protected]

All shoots will be listed on the Activity/Events Schedule page - Activity/Event Schedule

All: Still anticipating posting more pics and info from the VA shoot - that RD has been unavailable for family reasons.