• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

US made water bottle

Liberty has aluminum ones made in usa

How do you make water? I can buy hydrogen and oxygen is easy to come by, but will I need special equipment?

I tired this stuff, but it just didn't work. maybe I didn't completely empty the can into the water.

3gn7mh.jpg

Man that would be great for camping trips. 🤣

Hayden.

Love my Nalgene.

Buy two, one goes in the freezer, other is a frozen chunk of ice that goes everywhere with me in an LBT carrier…

It maintains the ice block from 0545 until 0400 next morning, filling with water through the day.

Rotate empty for the ice chunk next morning.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    583 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: shoobe01

Yep, and the domestic aluminum bottles are of decent quality. But unfortunately they aren't double-wall insulated, and so if you fill one with cold water, it'll "sweat" until your drink reaches room temperature.

Around the house and at the office, I use Tervis stuff. If I'm biking, hiking, or camping, then I'll just grab one of the bazillion bike water bottles we have around the house. Almost all of those are made by Specialized, which are cheap and bombproof.

True, but I think that their insulated bottles are made in China.

Reactions: PDXGS
Nalgene’s are cool. Not only can you freeze them, in the winter you can pour boiling water in them and slide them down in your sleeping bag to help you stay warm. Most cheap no name bottles will melt.

Reactions: powdahound76
Also, OR used to (maybe still do) make a little pouch for Nalgenes that is insulated.

Great in super cold enviro to keep you water a liquid.
Would work in summer to keep it cool I guess.
Pretty easy to make a cheap one with closed cell foam and duct tape. Have made a couple.

16 oz Nalgene makes a dandy coffee cup for backpacking and hunting.
We probably have 10 of them between my kid and I.
She loves them for school and activities.

Polar
Tervis

And, perhaps you should edit your first post to include the word insulated.
Thanks for letting me know about Tervis. I don't consider Polar truly insulated. I actually was not specifically looking for insulated, just pointing out that not all Liberty are US made.

Tervis website--insulated bottles made on China. TruFlask email--made in China.

Do you want to have a real challenge?

Try to find a stainless steel insulated water bottle that is NOT made in China.

Sure you'll find some USA manufacturers of water bottles that say made in the USA, then go look at their stainless ones and note the disclaimer...

It's even getting hard to find glass water bottles not made in China.
I think the French still make some.

How do you make water? I can buy hydrogen and oxygen is easy to come by, but will I need special equipment?

I tired this stuff, but it just didn't work. maybe I didn't completely empty the can into the water.

3gn7mh.jpg
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Some Camelbak products are made in the US (government contracts). I have had bottles made in the US, not just bladders, so worth asking, looking, which are. I like all my bottles from them. Various countries of origin.

Yup to the above: Nalgene is 100% US except... for their two stainless bottles. Chinese.

If just trying to avoid China/Asia, also be aware there are some some old-school European manufacturers who have never changed. AFAIK, SIGG still makes 100% of their stuff at their very own factory in Switzerland.

Necro thread brought back from the dead by a Romanian spammer selling a water bottle with a "weight loss" crystal in it.😁

• Haha
Reactions: Redmanss