• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes US Optics #3 M40 elevation knob vs EREK 1/2 moa

libertyman777

Are you gonna eat that....
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2007
Heflin, Alabama
What are the real practical differences between these knobs? Or maybe a better question would be which one is preffered over the other?

Thanks
Paul

Re: US Optics #3 M40 elevation knob vs EREK 1/2 moa

I have the M40 #3 elevation knob. I believe it is easier to re-zero that the EREK.

Re: US Optics #3 M40 elevation knob vs EREK 1/2 moa

I ordered mine with the m40 1/4 moa clicks and you still get 26moa per revolution. Its smaller than the erek. If you go 1/4moa on the erek it is a 2 turn knob. So I didn't see the point in spending the extra money.

Re: US Optics #3 M40 elevation knob vs EREK 1/2 mo

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MuleHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ordered mine with the m40 1/4 moa clicks and you still get 26moa per revolution. Its smaller than the erek. If you go 1/4moa on the erek it is a 2 turn knob. So I didn't see the point in spending the extra money. </div></div>

Is there some type of indicator to let you know which revolution you are on?

The erek is worth the $ it can be set as a zero stop. Both my wifes #3 and my erek have an odd number of clicks so it keeps count on the second turn. Wifes #3 counts to 52 moa on the second turn. My erek counts to 45 moa. I dont go past 1000 yards so the erek has plenty of moa for me. I prefer the zero stop of the erek. As for an indicator on the #3. They have the tipical 0 1 2 3 lines under the turret.

M40 is just the style of the knob (scalloped edgeds as opposed to plain round knurled knobs) and can be had for #1's and #3's. Mulehunter you actually should have 26.25 moa per turn, as the #3's have 105 clicks per turn. #1's have 48, and Erek's have 90.

mattk-not all knobs have the usual lines. My ST10 with #3's only has a vertical "zero" line, but with 10.5 mils a turn its hard to get lost (nylon washers can be fitted under #3's to make zero stops too).

i do believe that they have a zero stop for he #3, but i'm with the others in that 10.5 mils/turn is hard to get lost in.