• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

US Optics anti-cant device, making it right

Re: Avoid US Optics anti-cant device

They've revised it a little to make it even more accurate. I spoke with CS last week; we should be seeing these fairly soon

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Speeddog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They've revised it a little to make it even more accurate. I spoke with CS last week; we should be seeing these fairly soon
</div></div>

thanks ... was just hearing static ....

i was just about to "spring" for one of these levels......glad i caught this thread. I'll wait until i see you guys getting your replacements and then call USO directly. good info.

Hey Guys,

I apologize for my absence but I want to let everyone know that the last components for the new levels will be finished tomorrow. I hope to start shipping the new levels out tomorrow afternoon to everyone who has already returned their old levels and anyone who has not already sent in their levels, please feel free to do so at this time.

We did make a few modifications and upgrades to the original design change, which is why we weren't able to get these out to everyone sooner, but the latest revision has been tested extensively and we have not ran into a single issue. I thank you all for your patience and I hope you all enjoy the new design.

- Jeffrey Fertal

Re: US Optics anti-cant device, making it right

The only major difference will be the original screw has been replaced with a steel dowel pin, which has been coated in black oxide. All other dimensions are the same.

I've held off until hearing they were ready to ship. I've a match coming up so how long after you receive the old ones, before the replacements are out the door?

TIA

Everyone that has contacted me and was confirmed to be on my list has their levels reserved. Another two hundred or so should be shipping out to our dealers. MidwayUSA, Euro Optics, and Optics Planet will all have these levels in stock shortly so anyone who is interested in purchasing the new levels can obtain them from these dealers. Anyone else who is still interested in exchanging their current levels can contact me and I will put your exchange orders in. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to send me an e-mail.

FYI, I emailed with Jeff today and the first set of replacements are for pic rails only. He said they will start on AI dovetail next but did not know when these replacements will be available to ship.

Jeff,

Can USO modify the older ACD to bring it up to the newer ACD specs without having to do a full replacement? Or is it just easier to fully replace?

We prefer to do a full replacement. Drilling out the two holes the detent falls in exposes the raw aluminum and we feel it is better to have these holes treated in type III hard anodizing.

Just got off the phone with USO my ACD is on its way
grin.gif

Like many of you, I didn't get a reply from Jeff right away. I figured he was either out of town, bombarded by e-mails, or just busy with the rest of his job. I gave him the benifit of the doubt and patiently waited. I sent my disfunctional level in on May 6. Jeff had Fed-Ex e-mail a tracking number to me on May 18 and the level arrived on May 21.

There may be some folks that would be speaking negatively about Jeff and/ or US Optics due to the time it is taking to replace defective models. My comment to them is that in the end Jeff and USO has accepted that there were flaws in one of their products, agreed to COMPLETELY REPLACE! said product, and then live up to their word. Gentlemen that is what you call customer service, something that is a rare thing in this world anymore.

Thank you Jeff and USO!

P.S. I did a quick test on the level for accuracy and all seems to be in working order. The ball bearing and detent seem to have good postive lock and I think the level will even stay folded, when not in use, on my lefty .308

I just received mine and it too seems to be working well. Thanks Jeff!! It did take more time to get it back than anticipated but just as Halligan mentioned, the product was replaced with a better version for no additional cost. Seems that you guys waiting should hopefully see your levels soon!

So you took back all the old versions from these retailers?

If not, I'd rather order direct so I know I'm getting up to date design.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeff@USO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Everyone that has contacted me and was confirmed to be on my list has their levels reserved. Another two hundred or so should be shipping out to our dealers. MidwayUSA, Euro Optics, and Optics Planet will all have these levels in stock shortly so anyone who is interested in purchasing the new levels can obtain them from these dealers. Anyone else who is still interested in exchanging their current levels can contact me and I will put your exchange orders in. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to send me an e-mail. </div></div>

Re: US Optics anti-cant device, made it right

Got my new one in the mail today. Way to go Jeff looks great and is much easier to use and just a much better design. Me Likeey. As always U.S.Optics makes things right.

Old thread, but what do you guys thing of the new units. Are they working correctly?

What a thread...old but still very relevant. I'm frankly amazed at all of the negative/contrary responses, and those leaping to the defense of USO. The OP is 110% in the right.

I just got the scope mounted swiveling model today in the mail from an ebay retailer (I'm 99% certain the unit is genuine). Using any decent home/construction level is plenty of precision to measure these types of devices against. Those who said otherwise are way off base. Mine too is way off, visually off, about 3 degrees (1/2 of the entire bubble width). Now I can certainly rotate it before tightening but then the unit will then be visually off. It will be functional and accurate, not a huge deal, but again for $100+ this thing should be PERFECT, period. No less quality than USO is known for with their scopes. Furthermore if you had a rail mounted unit such adjustment would not be possible - the unit must be "naturally calibrated".

Either way it is entirely unacceptable. I already drafted a nice polite email to USO and expect they will swap me out immediately. That being said I thought the forum would want to know that this is still a problem. Either a design, QC, manufacturing or inspection issue remains or perhaps some resellers have old defective units they continue to pedal. Just to be clear though this is the "new design" with the locking detent system.

Last but not least the US Optics logo has a totally faded "s" at the end. Some would not give a rats a$$, but it's all a matter of degree. If anyone feels this is nothing but nitpicking please ask yourself how would you feel with a totally botched US Optics logo on a brand new fancy $3k scope? It's only a logo...

I have the feeling these things are made in Mexico or China for about $10...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: swamp2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What a thread...old but still very relevant. I'm frankly amazed at all of the negative/contrary responses, and those leaping to the defense of USO. The OP is 110% in the right.

I just got the scope mounted swiveling model today in the mail from an ebay retailer (I'm 99% certain the unit is genuine). Using any decent home/construction level is plenty of precision to measure these types of devices against. Those who said otherwise are way off base. Mine too is way off, visually off, about 3 degrees (1/2 of the entire bubble width). Now I can certainly rotate it before tightening but then the unit will then be visually off. It will be functional and accurate, not a huge deal, but again for $100+ this thing should be PERFECT, period. No less quality than USO is known for with their scopes. Furthermore if you had a rail mounted unit such adjustment would not be possible - the unit must be "naturally calibrated".

Either way it is entirely unacceptable. I already drafted a nice polite email to USO and expect they will swap me out immediately. That being said I thought the forum would want to know that this is still a problem. Either a design, QC, manufacturing or inspection issue remains or perhaps some resellers have old defective units they continue to pedal. Just to be clear though this is the "new design" with the locking detent system.

Last but not least the US Optics logo has a totally faded "s" at the end. Some would not give a rats a$$, but it's all a matter of degree. If anyone feels this is nothing but nitpicking please ask yourself how would you feel with a totally botched US Optics logo on a brand new fancy $3k scope? It's only a logo...

I have the feeling these things are made in Mexico or China for about $10...</div></div>
I am thinking everything you said is right up to the point you said it is a US Optics. IMHO you just bought an Ebay fake. It happens. Usually the best way to ensure you don't get a china rip-off is to order directly from them or an authorized distributor. US Optics made right by me. My original did not have the china feel in any way. They replaced it and the new unit is perfect. Take my word for it I am not a cool-aid drinker.

^ Interesting. The one in my hands certainly does not have the feel at all of a fake either. However, it very well could be. It was from ebay seller "Tactical Store" which appears to just be Optics Planet. They certainly are not always fast but are pretty reputable. Whatever I find out I will post that information and I certainly do not expect USO to bail me out. Thanks.

Emailed with USO. Very helpful. They are still having production problems. They will refund direct purchases or exchange and exchange outside purchased products when the next batch is ready.

Update:

USO initially offered to replace this with the exact same one, just not defective. After waiting months on that they came back and said wait longer or switch to a rail mounted unit. Then they came back once again and said this model has been discontinued and the only option is the rail mounted unit. I said OK. It arrived a week or so later with a defective clamping screw. The screw was very strange - incompletely/improperly machined and had threads on the OD of the HEAD of the screw.

I know USO has a great reputation but my confidence in their quality has led me to lose nearly all my faith in them.

Off to the good hardware store to buy my own socket head cap screw to replace their junk...

Update. Took USO 5 days to even reply to my email. Now there only reply is I will check with my supervisor. Their customer service flat out stinks. I hope those with full scopes (rather than these crappy, likely made abroad accessories) are able to get infinitely better customer service. Ugh...

If I'm not mistaken, the threads on the O.D. of the mounting screw are there so you can store the cap that covers the level up while you are using it (it should just screw on).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: swamp2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Update. Took USO 5 days to even reply to my email. Now there only reply is I will check with my supervisor. Their customer service flat out stinks. I hope those with full scopes (rather than these crappy, likely made abroad accessories) are able to get infinitely better customer service. Ugh...</div></div>

Wow, sorry you guys are having problems. I have a few sitting in my safe(new), if I can do anything to help y'all out let me know. I do not work for USO but I am a dealer for them. I'll be willing to help you out even if it consist of me giving up some of my inventory.

Julio

these are the ones I have in stock GenII rail mounted swivel level

DSC_0899.jpg

Mine had problems with the finish..I'm really getting tired of spending money over the already high cost of high end products to ship them back. What ever happened to Quality control? I work in pharmaceuticals..if our QC lacked people could be in big trouble.

The threads on the mounting screw is not a defect, it was put there to store the bubble cover while the level is in use.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Augustus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The threads on the mounting screw is not a defect, it was put there to store the bubble cover while the level is in use. </div></div>

Yep. Just got word of that from USO. Totally my bad. However, the thread were cut poorly and not properly deburred and that contributed to my belief that it was a machining error. Their abysmal response time remains an issue.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: swamp2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Emailed with USO. Very helpful. They are still having production problems. They will refund direct purchases or exchange and exchange outside purchased products when the next batch is ready. </div></div>

Really? They'll replace swivel models with the new (old?) detents? Is there a silent recall of these? I bought two directly from USO and only ever opened one of them. I thought it was acting squirrelly compared to other levels. The other is still in the bag.

So far no good with the acd. 1st one had issues with the finish. Shipped it back costing me $7. Got the replacement today..while the finish is good, the detentes don't function properly. It won't lock into place. This is slowly becoming a high dollar paper weight. Come on USO get it together.