• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes US Optics factory (pics- more!)....

Re: US Optics factory (pics)....

For clarification:
a)I have no reason to believe that there is something wrong with USO products. Vice versa.
b)I don´t buy any chinese products if I can find alternative

hmm makes you wonder, if USO can build such a fine product in a "garage" why the hell caint the chinese build a super fine product in thier 50 million dollar facilitie?

Thanks for sharing the pictures,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Nikon´s camera factory in Sendai, China.
CMOS and lens package installation table:
2283_sendai_cleaning_sensor.jpg

Body assembly:
2280_sendai_d3_assembly_medium.jpg

</div></div>

Sendai is actually in Japan, since that is where they build their pro camera bodies. The person right there is assembling a $5000 camera.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hmm makes you wonder, if USO can build such a fine product in a "garage" why the hell caint the chinese build a super fine product in thier 50 million dollar facilitie?

Thanks for sharing the pictures, </div></div>

No shit, if they are actually trying that hard and still producing crap, then WTF?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
In these days of lowering standards and sending out all our work to foreign countries to do our labor and manufacturing in exchange for higher profit margins
</div></div>

Nice, interesting pics.

Buy -honestly, perhaps because I´m a non -American, I seem to see pictures from bit different perspective.
Since You mentioned foreign countries optics manufacturers and standards, heres few pics for comparison.

I hope I´m not going to hurt anyones feelings -thats not my purpose.

Apitek, china. Manufacturer of video cams, digital cams and binoculars.
Lens assembly area.
test3.jpg

Test area:
test4.jpg

Xiamen Leading Optics Co. Manufactures oculars for consumer scopes, binos etc.
Lens assembly shop:
12151.jpg

Nikon´s camera factory in Sendai, China.
CMOS and lens package installation table:
2283_sendai_cleaning_sensor.jpg

Body assembly:
2280_sendai_d3_assembly_medium.jpg

</div></div>

The beastie boys called,They want there set back..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDS83yrM30Y

Let's keep the "outsourcing" and "loosing jobs to 2nd world countries" posts to the "Totally Disgusted with Leupold" thread. This topic has been discussed to death over there.

Can't wait to get my first USO!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It just goes to show, all the blue pajamas in the world aren't gonna make you number 1 in tactical optics.

</div></div>

I don't care who ya are, that's f'n funny!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SoCalPete</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let's keep the "outsourcing" and "loosing jobs to 2nd world countries" posts to the "Totally Disgusted with Leupold" thread. This topic has been discussed to death over there.
</div></div>

And I'm sure that nobody here has concluded that capitalism works and that there's a reason for the outsourcing.

My scope is from Japan and works great. I have no complaints. I'd love to have a USO, though, no doubt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SoCalPete</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let's keep the "outsourcing" and "loosing jobs to 2nd world countries" posts to the "Totally Disgusted with Leupold" thread. This topic has been discussed to death over there.
</div></div>

And I'm sure that nobody here has concluded that capitalism works and that there's a reason for the outsourcing.

My scope is from Japan and works great. I have no complaints. I'd love to have a USO, though, no doubt. </div></div>

I thought my Japanese scope (Nightforce) was excellent also and the price was right. The only reason I sold it though is to fund a USO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It just goes to show, all the blue pajamas in the world aren't gonna make you number 1 in tactical optics.</div></div>

Right. And they do not want even to be nr1 in quality.

Chinese factories produce according to quality specs defined by western companies selling those products. And these western companies make 200-300% margin on these crappy products made in China. ==> I'd say (about 10x better business than what SB/NF/Zeiss/USO is doing.

- SB/NF/Zeiss/USO aim to maximize the quality
- XYZ optics brands maximize profits

Still looking at the USO shop and comparing that to Zeiss Optronics (Hensoldt) or S&B the difference truly is remarkable...

But I can send my USO to their laid back facilities, have custom work done, and get it back in a couple weeks.

-try that with S&B or Hendsoldt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: riverguide</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the pics...I'm going to visit this Summer...can't wait to meet the USO girls...afterwards maybe I can see the shop... </div></div>

I'm just going to throw this out there... might be a long shot....

You guys do realize that USO makes scopes?!?!
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Whisper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: riverguide</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the pics...I'm going to visit this Summer...can't wait to meet the USO girls...afterwards maybe I can see the shop... </div></div>

I'm just going to throw this out there... might be a long shot....

You guys do realize that USO makes scopes?!?!
wink.gif
</div></div>

Scopes? What scopes?
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MinorDamage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Were any of the USO girls there, or were they off with JBW3 at the show? </div></div>

Yeah - good question - get toe the important stuff! LOL
smile.gif

I forwarded this post home, can't see your pics on my NMCI computer....