• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes US Optics LR17 to buy or not to buy?

Colosr

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2017
I finished my lr308 build and I've been looking for some glass to top it off. I recently ran across a US Optics LR17 SN3 17 power scope with the ergo parallax adjustment and the illuminated MPR reticle for $1375 at a local shop. It is in good shape but is missing the three hole cap for the erek turret. Is the cap required to make stop adjustments? Do you think this is a fair price?

Secondly, there is a screw on the parallax adjustment ring that looks a bit out of place. Is the screw on all of these scopes or was someone trying to fix something they broke? I'm not all that familiar with USO scopes so excuse me if this is a silly question.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
For that price I would snatch it up! You can get another 3 hole cap for zeroing from them I'm sure, if not I probably have one laying around somewhere.

I think the screw you are speaking about is actually on the magnification adjustment ring not the parallax adjustment. This IS a normal screw. This screw is what adjusts the "zoom" function of the erector tube inside the scope.

I think you will be quite happy with your purchase.
John