• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes US Optics MST100

lazy21

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2007
Houston, Tx.
Just a feeler on how many of you would be interested on getting on a MST run. I've been pushing real hard to make this possible but we need to get a rough idea on how many would actually pull the trigger if I made it happen. I think these were going for $2850(Do not quote me on that). Thanks

I already have my name on the list at USO in case they did a future run so I would be in as long as the price is in line with what they were charging previously.

Considering it may be a very long time until I would be able to afford another, put me down for one. Hopefully it will kick off before the end of the year or I might not make it in on this one.

Yes. Id be in for one. Where/when do I send my down payment?

We need the owners @ USO to ok this, all we need is one more guy to say yes before it's a go. My bud ssgtkyle and I are really trying to make this happen!

Slow weekend viewing. Other people must be doing something other than banging the IPad while watching the kids shoot nerf guns in the house.

This will get more interest probably this evening when people check the computer messages tonight.

....they dropped the Nerfs and are outside with swords now.

Last edited:
Is this a real thing or we all just pissing in the wind? All of us saying 'I'm in' is nice but.... if it ain't cutting no ice with anyone who can make it happen, we aren't getting anywhere, maybe we need
a place to place our interest where we actually get on the list (if there is one)... I don't want to find I've taken a dump and come back and they're all taken.........

Is this a real thing or we all just pissing in the wind? All of us saying 'I'm in' is nice but.... if it ain't cutting no ice with anyone who can make it happen, we aren't getting anywhere, maybe we need
a place to place our interest where we actually get on the list (if there is one)... I don't want to find I've taken a dump and come back and they're all taken.........

Lazy 21 moves a pretty good amount of USO product to members on this site. I think he has contacts/cred about as good as anyones.

Best chance Ive seen since the last buy of making it happen. Id guess there is some number to hit to make it worthwhile and maybe some schmoozing of someone no longer at USO.

I wish him luck and if he makes it happen.....have your money ready, Lazy21 will be putting more on the line than anyone just chiming in with "Im in." If your "in" - mean it. It will be a good deal, you wont be at the mercy of the first thing you see come up on the internet to complete your A1/A3 build.

Thank you Phil for your kind words ;). Ace, when you move over a million $$ of a vendor products. Your opinion really matters. Not saying yours don't but I'm in a position where I can pull some strings to get things going. But even then, they can always tell me no flat out but as I said before. It's going down the line of owners and we're just waiting on one more ok before it's a go.

I'm in for sure and have the cash set aside already, but if we hem and haw for a year over it while I go to poor college student status, I can't make any guarantees. If this thing goes solid and we get some pricing and delivery info, I'll put this up on some HOG pages where I'm sure more than a couple will join the party as well.

I already have an A1, so I'm thinking I'll slap it on my USMC 40x just because I can. Might pull the action and throw it into a McM stock while I'm at it too, and set the old wood aside before I jack it up. M40A1 Sr and Jr! ;)

I've been on the waiting list with US Optics for 6+ months. Hope this does get off the ground.

I wonder if having over 600 views in just two days might mean something. Hhhmmmm.

It might mean there are 600 people that have an interest in outdated, fussy, overly heavy, late 70's technology at what will probably be 2014 prices that will more than likely hold back the rifle it is on rather than enhance its inherent accuracy.

I hope this deal goes through. It's exactly what I want.

Is silence from USO a signal of some kind or are they just doing the numbers ??? (hopefully)

I'm so sorry to inform you guy, it's mother f'n Go!!!!!!! I need to pull 100 scopes to get the ball rolling. I can't really chat now so I'll get back on later tonight so it you have friends or family. Get them lined up

If Lazy couldn't get this done no one could. Now we need to support all his work and get the orders flowing. This is very expensive to do for USO but Julio got 'er done.

Damn you! I just bought a titanium Counter Sniper surplus scope with my MST money!

Will this be the last run? Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Thanks for getting her done! You guys are fortunate, indeed. May the 10X Sniper Scope never die!

Just out of my pure lack of understanding, can someone explain to me (other than the limited run) why a MST-100 cost over two times more than a illuminated ST-10 TPAL?

Last edited:
Just out of my pure lack of understanding, can someone explain to me (other than the limited run) why a MST-100 cost over two times more than a illuminated ST-10 TPAL?

Supply and Demand says so.

Why does an 8X Unertl external adjust marked USMC Sniper sell for $7K?

I can see why a out-of-production scope that actually saw service would go for $7K. Same as a WWI/WWII 1911. It's about collect-ability. That is vastly different when you're talking about a modern production FIXED 10x scope. Other than "because they can really stick it to you", there is no reason I guess.

US Optics MST100

The construction of the mst I believe is stainless to start with

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Carbon Steel. The directions actually suggest "oiling" certain areas to prevent rust.

Lowlight says these were $700 scopes when the USMC was buying them. Whats inflation in that time? Probably not $2950's worth.

What is lost by production? Does USO lose production on a more profitable scope that they mass produce? They will add some of that loss to the price of this.

What is the added cost of getting everyone up to speed with building a scope designed in the 70's and that they themselves have not built in 3 years? Its like paying start up costs on a whole new product. That cost is going to be distributed on 100 scopes not 3-4000 scopes.

Materials are not what they have in supply. Add some cost from the supplier for a small order of stock.

For three years they have been hearing from interested buyers. Add some cost because they know they can. Truth be told Im surprised the price is "only" $100 more than the last deal.

If you go by simple economics an MST100 is a commodity that has a range of elasticity not because of huge demand but because of its relative scarcity. If you are building an M40A1/A3 clone your options are limited and the most popular choice is this scope.

What added value am I getting for paying too much for outdated technology and expecting to wait for it?

One - I wont be at the mercy of the internet bid site and forced to pay 100 percent at a time when I may not have cash on hand.

Two - Right now I know I have a scope with my name on it. Im not chasing around the internet hoping to find one for sale and than getting pissed off because someone else from Snipershide was there 3 minutes before posting "Ill take it", leaving me to lamely post "Seconds please". Thats about as fun as laying in someone elses wet spot.

Three - Ill be getting a new scope, not one someone else has kryloned or dropped on its E turret

Four - I totally disagree with the Elizabeth Warren philosophy of "they didnt build that" and corporations should through altruism charge at the bare minimum because otherwise they are "the mean old one percent" Liz Warren made her money buying houses and flipping them, she can eat shit. I hope USO makes plenty of money to stay solvent and give employment to a bunch of workers that are probably as enthusiastic about shooting sports as I am.

I wont take a porking if I cant justify the cost. I can easily justify what Im spending. If you cant, dont buy.

I wish I could buy ten extra of them. A year after this "last run" is delivered I should be able to easily sell them for $3050 and make myself $1000.

Last edited:

I, too, have heard a couple others say the USO MST100 has stainless parts. One source said the information came from John at USO. I don't know if the externals are stainless, or the internals, but it would be nice to confirm once and for all.