• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes US Optics reticle

anginaprinzmetal

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2014
Hi all,
Have access to a US Optics scope at a sizable discount. I will be getting a B25 scope, which I plan on using for PRS competition matches and also to take it long range w/ a 338 LM rifle . Was wondering what were the general opinions between the Gen II XR vs H59 reticles (this one has a significant premium in price) ?

I have a Gen II XR and it is a pretty good reticle. Not a HORUS fan so much. They are pretty slick but I don't have the benefit of shooting at long enough distances on a regular basis to justify the clutter and complexity

Reactions: Thumper580
I have owned both and shot them a lot. The horus seems cluttered to those that don't have a lot of trigger time behind it. By a lot I mean more than a couple of range sessions. I personally like the H-reticles more than the Gen II XR because if you are holding and not dialing, I found myself just liking the Horus' better because of the "clutter." There were more well defined aiming points versus the XR.

I few years ago the people on this forum use to slay the horus and bash it, but as people start to accept and evolve with the equipment, it has become more widely accepted. Some people refuse to accept new things. Are the mil-dot or P4 reticles garbage no. But understand the purpose behind a reticle instead of just saying "Hate it, cluttered" If I am just dialing and have time to dial on a small target those reticles are fine and dandy. If it's night, i don't or can't dial and have targets of opportunity or no time, this is where that "clutter shines." Can you hold in space on the other reticles? Of course you can, but it takes practice, which contrary to what a lot of shooters hate to admit, they need more of. Imagine being under stress, having to hold 4 mils (500m ish shot) in a 12 mph wind (1.5 mils), while under stress in space. o_O I know plenty of guys, myself included, that can. But can you? Or can some of these guys that pull old betsy out and shooot in the prone on the same range a couple of times a month or year. It has a purpose.

The example is why I like the Horus'. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Nik H
I have owned both and shot them a lot. The horus seems cluttered to those that don't have a lot of trigger time behind it. By a lot I mean more than a couple of range sessions. I personally like the H-reticles more than the Gen II XR because if you are holding and not dialing, I found myself just liking the Horus' better because of the "clutter." There were more well defined aiming points versus the XR.

I few years ago the people on this forum use to slay the horus and bash it, but as people start to accept and evolve with the equipment, it has become more widely accepted. Some people refuse to accept new things. Are the mil-dot or P4 reticles garbage no. But understand the purpose behind a reticle instead of just saying "Hate it, cluttered" If I am just dialing and have time to dial on a small target those reticles are fine and dandy. If it's night, i don't or can't dial and have targets of opportunity or no time, this is where that "clutter shines." Can you hold in space on the other reticles? Of course you can, but it takes practice, which contrary to what a lot of shooters hate to admit, they need more of. Imagine being under stress, having to hold 4 mils (500m ish shot) in a 12 mph wind (1.5 mils), while under stress in space. o_O I know plenty of guys, myself included, that can. But can you? Or can some of these guys that pull old betsy out and shooot in the prone on the same range a couple of times a month or year. It has a purpose.

The example is why I like the Horus'. Just my 2 cents.

What I hate about the HORUS is the d bag threatening letters, the dude sends them out to threaten anyone who even hints at his screen door. He busted the guy of Strelok for incorporating it in his software. Strelok just dropped the reticle to avoid the drama.

He is a doosh.

But it’s still too busy. The George designed G2 at Bushnell is much better.