• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes US Optics SN-????

tridentd5

Private
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2011
I picked this scope up off the Sniper’s Hide exchange 10 years ago with my first tax return as a pharmacist. At the time, I was planning to dabble in long range but marriage and 3 kids came along and with the constant threat of gun control I loaded up on AR’s, AK’s, PCC’s, suppressors, etc.- nothing worthy or capable of mounting this beast too. That all changed a few weeks ago with EuroOptic’s Barrett demo sale. I now have a M99 in .50 BMG and so many questions about this scope. I can’t find any kind of model number for it and US Optics doesn’t seem too interested in returning my call. It’s a 40 mm tube and what looks to be a 80mm objective with the same bell housing found on the SN-9. It’s a 6-30x though which doesn’t match up with the SN-9 standard offerings. I assume it’s a custom build but can’t confirm as the guy I bought it from hasn’t been on the hide since 2014. It’s obviously not nearly as long as a SN-9 and mounts differently using giant 40 mm rings. Which brings me to my problem- I couldn’t get a snug fit on the rail with one of the rings and noticed the mounting plate was deformed and had a stress fracture. Like a brute, I went ahead and tried to straighten it back out and it cracked as expected. Does anyone have any idea who made these rings? I’ve scoured the internet trying to find info on 40mm rings and can’t find anything similar. Ideally I would like to see if I can just purchase a new mounting plate as the rest of the ring is in good shape and I imagine very pricey. Or maybe find a machine shop that can fab an identical plate from the other good ring I have. If all else fails I’ll probably do a 40mm Sphur unimount but $450 is hard to swallow for a scope mount. If you made it this far thanks for any help or insight.

Attachments

• A1D8AF93-A86C-4AE1-84C2-8865A5B79E38.jpeg
    A1D8AF93-A86C-4AE1-84C2-8865A5B79E38.jpeg
    382.4 KB · Views: 77
  • 8E9EC93A-7101-4EBB-B333-8016DA5FE8A9.jpeg
    8E9EC93A-7101-4EBB-B333-8016DA5FE8A9.jpeg
    240.7 KB · Views: 85
  • C614E6AD-3C31-43CD-A165-754D1B6B09DF.jpeg
    C614E6AD-3C31-43CD-A165-754D1B6B09DF.jpeg
    326 KB · Views: 99
  • 8FB9480B-7450-4DF7-8962-2A848A33E395.jpeg
    8FB9480B-7450-4DF7-8962-2A848A33E395.jpeg
    539.3 KB · Views: 91
Maybe an early model American Rifle Company ring? I know they still make 40mm options. That scope looks like a freakin beast! You sure its not just a painted RPG?

I picked this scope up off the Sniper’s Hide exchange 10 years ago with my first tax return as a pharmacist. At the time, I was planning to dabble in long range but marriage and 3 kids came along and with the constant threat of gun control I loaded up on AR’s, AK’s, PCC’s, suppressors, etc.- nothing worthy or capable of mounting this beast too. That all changed a few weeks ago with EuroOptic’s Barrett demo sale. I now have a M99 in .50 BMG and so many questions about this scope. I can’t find any kind of model number for it and US Optics doesn’t seem too interested in returning my call. It’s a 40 mm tube and what looks to be a 80mm objective with the same bell housing found on the SN-9. It’s a 6-30x though which doesn’t match up with the SN-9 standard offerings. I assume it’s a custom build but can’t confirm as the guy I bought it from hasn’t been on the hide since 2014. It’s obviously not nearly as long as a SN-9 and mounts differently using giant 40 mm rings. Which brings me to my problem- I couldn’t get a snug fit on the rail with one of the rings and noticed the mounting plate was deformed and had a stress fracture. Like a brute, I went ahead and tried to straighten it back out and it cracked as expected. Does anyone have any idea who made these rings? I’ve scoured the internet trying to find info on 40mm rings and can’t find anything similar. Ideally I would like to see if I can just purchase a new mounting plate as the rest of the ring is in good shape and I imagine very pricey. Or maybe find a machine shop that can fab an identical plate from the other good ring I have. If all else fails I’ll probably do a 40mm Sphur unimount but $450 is hard to swallow for a scope mount. If you made it this far thanks for any help or insight.
Hey there,

After reviewing the images and digging into the U.S. Optics archives, we can confirm that this is in fact a custom SN-2 6-30x with a custom 40MM tube. We may be able to get you some more information on your optic if you are able to provide the serial number. Please send me a PM to further discuss your optic's specifications.