• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Us optics sn3 Tpal

Rowdyryno

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 24, 2011
Wichita kansas
Well finally saved up enough lunch money and wanna place my order tomorrow to USO and get my new glass on order. The biggest question is do I go mil/mil or Moa/Moa? This is going on a DTA SRS in 308 and 338LM and is my first long range build. So fellow hide members help me out in that department if you could.

Re: Us optics sn3 Tpal

Mil or MOA

Plenty of information. Afterall, its your choice, and what your shooting buddies use. Its easier if you and your shooting partners have the same system, so it is easier.

Well ill be shooting with a buddy that runs Moa/Moa but I know a lot of people are making the switch to mil/mil and I just want what's the easiest to use and accuracy obviously counts. And as far as USO reticles go any ideas on what's the best reticle to run for long range dialing?

Go mil/mil, this is my 5-25 t-pal on my 338/260

DSC_0136.jpg

this might be too busy for you, but I picked the H-37

DSC_1049.jpg

I also went mil/mil on my sn3 with the gap mil scale reticle and so far have been very happy with it, not too busy but still enough hold overs. Give lazy21 a call and he can hook you up with a good deal on one, he sure helped me out with picking something out not to mention a great deal.

Walter

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wburke2010</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I also went mil/mil on my sn3 with the gap mil scale reticle and so far have been very happy with it, not too busy but still enough hold overs. Give lazy21 a call and he can hook you up with a good deal on one, he sure helped me out with picking something out not to mention a great deal.

Walter</div></div>
+1 for lazy21, great guy to deal with, excellent communication, he answered every dumb question i could ask

I would go mil/mil. To me, it makes more sense. I really like the Gen2XR and the gap mil scale. My first "high end" scope was a USO SN3 in MOA. It was a great scope but I sold it and went mil/mil. Lately I have an itch for a 5-25 TPAL!

Thanks Walter!!!! Lazy was on me about the glass be for I could read the post haha I'm emailing back and forth as we speak. He's gonna have his hands full with my questions it will be like herding cats with me. It took half a bottle of jack and a fist full of cash to finally make up my mind on what rifle to buy/build. And the glass Is turning out a harder decision then that.

I've always used MOA, until I got my first USO. Went Mil/Mil and now I'm trying to figure out how to replace all my scopes and keep my family....

I would say you need to shoot alot more to decide what you like before you dump that kinda coin on a USO. MIL/MOA is a personal thing, pick your poison. Make your turrets match the reticle and be happy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DirtyDave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've always used MOA, until I got my first USO. Went Mil/Mil and now I'm trying to figure out how to replace all my scopes and keep my family.... </div></div>
Answer
grin.gif

I got the mil/mil but went with the Barret reticle that is similar to the gen2xr. Uso didnt have any in so pht the gen2xr and offered to re fit it when they get them in in a few months. Now THAT id customer service! Make sure u request threaded eye piece and objective in case you ever want to get the metal screw on lens caps. Doesnt come with the threads by default strangely enough

As others have said "mil/mil on my sn3 with the gap mil scale reticle" it works for me also.

After chatting with Ryan, we decided on this:

SN-3 5-25x T-PAL

Color
1 x Matte Black Type III Hard Anodizing
Objective
1 x 58mm T-PAL
Knob Elevation
1 x EREK 1/10 MIL 110 Click
Knob Windage
1 x US#3 1/10 MIL
Tube
1 x 35mm
Parallax Control
1 x T-Pal Left Side Parallax/Focus
Reticle Lighting
1 x Digital Push Button (Blue)
Reticle
1 x Mil-Scale MPR
Eyepiece Housing
1 x Lo Profile - Rapid Focus
Eyepiece
1 x Rapid Focus
Sunshade
1 x Sunshade w/ ARD 58mm Lo-Profile 2''
Objective Covers
1 x Flip Open Lens Cover 58mm Low Profile
1 x Flip Open Lens Cover 22mm / 28mm

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">After chatting with Ryan, we decided on this:... </div></div>

Wow, that's quite a scope. I'm interested to hear about the blue illumination. My only experience with blue is when driving and I see a company with a blue sign, I find it difficult to look at. Perhaps at lower lumens it provides a really easy contrast to pick up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Valere</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">After chatting with Ryan, we decided on this:... </div></div>

Wow, that's quite a scope. I'm interested to hear about the blue illumination. My only experience with blue is when driving and I see a company with a blue sign, I find it difficult to look at. Perhaps at lower lumens it provides a really easy contrast to pick up.</div></div>

it's actually very easy on the eyes....sorry ,my photo skills suck.

DSC_0134.jpg

DSC_0133.jpg

This is my 100th post so I will try to make it epic. So far I have jumped into us optics head first and now have a collection of these sn-3's. I have mil/moa, moa/moa and iphy/iphy. All but 1 are 3.2-17. The other one is 3.8-22. I have a friend that shoots mil/mil and it is very frustrating to exchange DOPE with him while we are at the range. I tell him my hold and then try to put a multiplier on it for mil value. If you choose moa then make sure you get a matching moa/moa or iphy/iphy system. With that said, I did not know when I got into the erek turrets that 1/2 moa elevation will get you out past 1000 yds under one full turn. The 1/4 moa erek elevation knob takes almost 2 full revolutions. I will buy 1/2 moa elevation knobs from here on out. As far as reticles go, I love the pcmoa and mdmoa reticles for the precise wind hold ability. The rdp is awesome because the reticle is fine enough in the inside 4 moa part of the crosshair where you are able to put the crosshair on the last bullet hole that you made. The drawback for me is that the windage hashes are spaced at 2 moa closest to the center and then 5 moa from there. I do not feel like I can adequately hold wind using the reticle on this one. I have tpal and ergo and can't argue one over the other except that you would be able to more easily focus in and out to check for changes in crosswind at different ranges. Hope I have helped. Just one man's opinion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Valere</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">After chatting with Ryan, we decided on this:... </div></div>

Wow, that's quite a scope. I'm interested to hear about the blue illumination. My only experience with blue is when driving and I see a company with a blue sign, I find it difficult to look at. Perhaps at lower lumens it provides a really easy contrast to pick up. </div></div>

Been using the blue for a little while now and it is really easy on the eye and I like it better than red.

Walter

Wow, the blue is kind of groovy. Kind of soothing. Wonder if it messes with your eyes natural night vision?

Kolkio great question I need to get with lazy21 on that cause sooner or later I wanna get some NV on my rifle....