• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

US Palm Tac Rifle...anyone have an opinion?

Re: US Palm Tac Rifle...anyone have an opinion?

That Dane Armory did some real shotty work for a guy on a local forum. I would pass after reading about these US Palm rifles and the shit that other guy went through!

This is funny..
I just saw Turner's weekly ad, and they're selling it for $799(1:11 twist), so I googled 'USPalm SPR .308 rifle reviews', and came here.
That their 'lead gunsmith' wants everyone to know he(and apparently the whole company itself?) had nothing to do with building the weapon, the first and only report on here of someone shooting one, and the piss-poor customer service pertaining to fixing the thing right off the bat....The first thing that pops in my head is, HOW THE HECK IS THIS COMPANY EVEN IN BUSINESS?
No thanks!
Edit: It clearly states in the description of the thing in Turner's weekly ad:' ASSEMBLED BY US PALM with lifetime warranty'
Either Turner's got fed a load of bs by the sales rep, or the 'lead gunsmith' is embarrassed by his/his dept's work.
All I know is I'm staying the f*ck away thanx to the info in this thread..
eek.gif

Unfortunately this is lending more credence to the adage "If it seems too good to be true..."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: akxx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Unfortunately this is lending more credence to the adage "If it seems too good to be true..."
</div></div>

That right there is why I held off from purchasing the rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BIPMaster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: akxx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Unfortunately this is lending more credence to the adage "If it seems too good to be true..."
</div></div>

That right there is why I held off from purchasing the rifle. </div></div>

I have to admit, I was very close to ordering. Thank goodness for the interwebs.

I saw this thread and thought I should revive it because I just bought this "us palm" rifle from SGC.
This is a FN SPR A1 through and through but put together by the smith at SCG.
I dont know about the unknown barrels in the earlier posts but the ones they have now are all factory FNH CHF milspec barrels with all the FN imprinting. The one side of barrel reads "FNH USA Fredricksburg VA (the floor model has an earlier barrel that says "US repeating Arms on one side) and the left side of barrel reads "FN Herstal Special Police Rifle .308 Win 1-12 Twist" I think they came as a barreled action from FN because it came with the FN test firing group
It came with a test fired target with a .40" grouping and a FN Gun Book which inside reads the headspacing of 1.630/1.632. Trigger pull 4.0/4.5.
The action has been bedded and it is for sure a Mcmillan A3 stock.

The price tag is $999 but on their website it says $850 so they gave it to me for $850.
Im going to shoot it tomorrow and I have no reason to think its not going to shoot good or have any problems. What I think they did is SGC got a good deal from FN on barreled actions and a good deal from Mcmillan for the stocks and just put them together their instead of the FN factory.
$850 vs $1500 for the exact same rifle is an awesome deal to me.

Obviously early on they must have tried to skimp with a cheap made barrel according to the previous posts, but they are all FN factory SPR barrels now...At least the 24" ones are. They were sold out of the 20" versions

Did you pop the action out of the stock to look at the bedding? If they are truly FN barreled actions, I wouldn't hesitate at that price. The "smith" that did the one above has a shotty rep around my area.

The action is bedded but it doesnt look all that great but its bedded where it needs to be. it for sure does not look all pretty like a perfect bed job.
I have a Winchester extreme sporter that is bedded from the factory and it looks a little better.
On the SPR it looks like they didnt put enough compound in front of the recoil lug for the first inch of barrel. I might redo that but the action feels very solid in their bed job. I can take some pics if you want

I would love to see some pictures if you dont mind, the whole rifle to the bedding and everything in between. Im half tempted to call down there and see what the deal is if its a fn barreled action or what.... Decisions decisions!

How do you upload pics on here, I dont see an attachment icon anywhere

Get yourself a photobucket account. Upload the photos to photobucket (it's free) and then just copy and paste the link to your pictures into your thread. There is a pull down menu below the pics on photobucket. Choose the one that says "IMG CODE" .... copy that info and paste it. It's actually really simple once you figure it out.

here are some pics. You cant really see much for the bedding, it aint too pretty but the action is very solid in it, also a couple are after I painted the stock, should be able to see the FN markings pretty easy though:

FNbedding-1.jpg

FNSPRbarrel.jpg

FNcamo.jpg

FNsprAction.jpg

FNsprTop.jpg

FNsprBarrel2.jpg

FNdoc.jpg

Heres a pic of the crown and also the buttstock that shows its a Mcmillan

FNcrown.jpg

mcmillanpad.jpg

Looks like a pretty nice gun for $850. I'd just be embarrassed to say that I'd been shooting my "Palm rifle".
blush.gif

Ill never say its a palm. Its a Fn SPR. Nowhere on this rifle does it say us palm anything. Just because Scottsdale Gun club did the bedding doesnt make it a us palm made rifle.
What would be the difference if you bought a barreled SPR action from FN and then bedded it in a mcmillan stock..would you call it something other than a FN SPR?

SPR action, SPR barrel and comes with test target, instruction manual, serialized record, etc? For all intents and purposes, it an SPR. What was a $850 POS just became an $850 steal.

Looks like an awesome deal to me.... Spr and mcmillan for 850. Good job on the stock painting too!

Turners gun shop has this on sale for $750, found only few posts on this rifle via google! Anyone put rounds through it? It's the same one freestylmx posted pictures. Looking for my first precision rifle out to 600 yards max. Help please. Read the2 post off calgun.net

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Clickclickpow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Turners gun shop has this on sale for $750, found only few posts on this rifle via google! Anyone put rounds through it? It's the same one freestylmx posted pictures. Looking for my first precision rifle out to 600 yards max. Help please. Read the2 post off calgun.net </div></div>

If you dont buy it for 750.00 ur not too smart. THere isnt a better deal then that.

I'm wondering if this is the same one at Turners as it is from SCG?

I want to order two of them, but I don't want them getting to Texas and being turds.

I bought one in 24 inch.. True FN SPR BARREL. I had it bedded and it shoots sub MOA. I hate the standard magazine. My only gripe is the mag. If I were to do agin, I would just get the full blown SPR with detachable box mag, and all the precision work done on it.

So now are these rifles a good buy? Seems like the love for this gun sure changed alot in this thread.

I'm still trying to get one, but the ones form turners do not seem to have the FN stamped barrel.

They do however have a Mcmillan stock

I can't believe no one else has bought one of these and shot it.

Anyone else buy one of these? thinking of picking one up because they are $750 at Turners right now. It has a 1/10 twist 20" barrel with a threaded muzzle. I figure the stock and the action alone cover that cost, and if the barrel sucks it's not a major loss.

Edit: Well I went back down to check it out tonight and ended up buying one, I guess I'll see if it was worth it in a couple of weeks. Fingers crossed.

Im sure its a Mcmillan stock, just the stripped down painted version with no bells and whistles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Special Delivery</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im sure its a Mcmillan stock, just the stripped down painted version with no bells and whistles.</div></div>

Called US Palm as well as SGC today, both confirmed that is a real A3. Just a typo on Turners part. The price of the rifle seemed too good to be true, so I was kinda looking for the reason. SGC also claimed it would be a sub-moa rifle out to 200 yards at least. Can't wait to pick it up and try her out for myself.

Just ordered mine today from turner's for 749.98. Hopefully mine does not have any defects and I do not have to deal with what sounds like a terrible customer experience from SCG. Will post some thoughts when I pick it up in 10 days and put a few rounds through it.

Oh! Boy...The price just drop to $679 at Turner's today...so tempting...

Wow, damn it I could have saved $70 bucks for waiting. I still haven't even got a base for mine to shoot it yet, that sucks. Oh well, I'm guessing the rest will go faster now.

Just purchased one for $679, but after reading the thread, will go back to store and take closer look at display model for barrel maker.

Honestly at that price I don't care if it's a random barrel manufacturer. The truth is it's a great action in a great stock, and other than an ugly (but totally functional) bedding job, the workmanship seems solid. Also, I have contacted US Palm twice with questions and have had no problem reaching them. I haven't shot mine yet since I'm waiting on my base, but dummy loads cycle through mine with no problems at all. Also, the trigger is awesome right out of the box, no need for me to replace it. For about the price of a 700 Tactical AAC, this rifle is a hell of a deal.

P.S. I'll be heading up to Nevada the day after Christmas, and will be shooting this rifle then, so I'll try to post the results asap.

Did not confirm barrel maker , rifle was sold, however after reading threads, no one has shot this rifle, so far its pure speculation, after I shoot mine , I will post results.

Damn, I sure wish someone in CA would buy an extra and ship it to my dealer in SC! I'd even pay a finders fee that's such a good deal. I called Turners today and they wouldn't ship to another dealer
frown.gif

Wow, this thread is still going and only one guy has bought the rifle? I have since bought a different rifle but I am still curious as to how the FN rifles shoot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drflinn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn, I sure wish someone in CA would buy an extra and ship it to my dealer in SC! I'd even pay a finders fee that's such a good deal. I called Turners today and they wouldn't ship to another dealer
frown.gif
</div></div>

Try to call again and speak with a manager, I know someone in Nevada who was going to have it shipped out there, but they were going to charge $100 or so to do it.

Ok, finally got to shoot mine today, not as much as I would have liked, but enough to give my judgement. After shooting a box of cheap remington 150gr soft points I had laying around, I can honestly say I could not bee happier with this rifle. I shot 5 rounds to zero, then a 5 round group that was just over .75", followed by a 10 round group that was a hair over 2.5", and I pulled a couple shots. The target was at 120yrds in the snow, and I was shooting off a bipod with no rear bag. I have no real internet connection, but I'll try to remember to post pics when I get back home next week.

A friend of mine got this rifle from Turners too. Anyone know where can he get a 20 MOA base for this receiver?? Can he get a 700 base and tap some holes to fit the receiver?

I did mention to him that the only drawback to this deal is the minimal aftermarket parts support.

Can not see any drawback to buying a M 70, as it's a superior action, if it shoots good it's a bargain, a M70 action, mcm stock, decent easily adjustable trigger, and a spr barrel?
For 900$ or so that's a good buy.

And most types of accesories you can get for a 700 you can get for a M 70 just not in as many flavours.
For a scope base Near mfg, Badger, Uso, Ken farrell.

12JAN13, broke in my us palm spr rifle at my local range, I was not dissapointed. The rifle performed with no issues, sighted in @ 50yrds then 100yrds, using 150grn fmj bullets and 45grns of varget. Got sub MOA groups, closer to 1/2 MOA grps using a caldwell DFT rest. Also added a muzzle brake from harrell's muzzle brakes (spiral).Overall im happy with the results, will be shooting more often.

I purchased mine @ evolution gun works about $50 with shipping 20 MOA version, also got lucky and bought an extra mag from ebay for $26 used. Hope this helps.

Yeah I bought the EGW 20 MOA base as well, they sent me the wrong screws, but I shot them an email and they rushed a new set to me very fast. It fit really well, no need to bed it like I had to do with the weaver on my 700.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Arez</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can not see any drawback to buying a M 70, as it's a superior action, if it shoots good it's a bargain, a M70 action, mcm stock, decent easily adjustable trigger, and a spr barrel?
For 900$ or so that's a good buy.

And most types of accesories you can get for a 700 you can get for a M 70 just not in as many flavours.
For a scope base Near mfg, Badger, Uso, Ken farrell.</div></div>

For the record, most do not have an spr barrel, a few people just really lucked out. That being said, they went on sale again for $680, so even without the spr barrel it's a steal.