• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

USA Wins in World Cup - Still Alive

Re: USA Wins in World Cup - Still Alive

That game was edge of the seat the whole way. Not only did the refs ROB us again, but we showed that we return against the odds and claim victory with consistency.

Our boys played one hell of a game, and if they keep it up they're really going to give the group B team we end up against some serious shit.

I can't wait!

What a start.

Great game, too bad we failed to score against UK they were ripe for the taking...

I watched half a match, and I enjoyed the game.
They always give 100% on the field, do a great midfield pressing, and great movement w/out the ball. This typically result in a fast paced game, which I certainly like.
Really deserved qualification to the eight finals.
Referees did not rob anyone, they are just mostly incompetent unfortunately.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Soccer? What's that? </div></div>
Soccer I'm not sure.
Football, the one really played with feet, is just the most watched and followed sport on Earth
smile.gif

Timeouts, padding, helmets, huddles, and special teams are for pussies.

Only one game tougher than real football, and it's rugby.

Hocky's tougher than football ever thought it could be. How many NFL players you see with missing teeth?

I'll give you that. Rugby is friggen scary!
eek.gif

Considering I know basically zero of American Football and Rugby rules, why do Rugby players play "naked"?
Are the American Football rules a bit more lose WRT tackling, which mandates the extra armor?

In American football, there are no restrictions on tackling above the waist, except that the player cannot be grabbed by the facemask.

Other than that, the upper torso and head are fair game.

There are some rules to protect the quarterbacks and kickers.

American footballers are conditioned more for a bulldozer type build, producing great power in short bursts.

Most American linesmen would drop dead of a heart attack if they had to run for more than 15 seconds at a time, much less the marathons seen in rugby and "soccer".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That game was edge of the seat the whole way. Not only did the refs ROB us again, but we showed that we return against the odds and claim victory with consistency.

Our boys played one hell of a game, and if they keep it up they're really going to give the group B team we end up against some serious shit.

I can't wait!

What a start. </div></div>

I think we play the D2 team, probably Germany, Ghana or Serbia depending on their final games.

Is likely going to be Ghana, which might open a nice corridor to the quarter finals, if they continue to play humble.

based on Ghanas performance so far, id say the US will be hard pressed to get into the quarter finals. Ghana may have lost against germany just now, but they played a much better game.

germany vs the uk, the UK wont get into the quarter finals either
wink.gif

Well done guys, you have a team that never gives up. I can see you beating Ghana in the next round

And Germany beating England of course...

Great football match today. USA hung in there and got the win. That match could have easily been 5-0 USA, but hey, a win is a win.

I played four years of rugby in college (Go Duke!) and if people are interested, I'd recommend finding a college or men's club in your area to go watch. The games are fun, and the party afterward is always a great time. I'll tell you that if you're really adventurous and not too broken, come out to a men's side practice and see what you think. It's really a good experience in teamwork and toughness.

FYI, next year is the Rugby World Cup in New Zealand. Can't wait.

I think the US is a pretty formidable force for Ghana to reason with if they continue this structure they've shown in the past few games.

I can't wait to watch Germany stomp England though.
laugh.gif

Before the World Cup started, I predicted Brazil, UK, Spain and Netherlands, as the top contenders. I still stick to it.
The World Cup, the real one, begins now.

didnt think they'd make it to the 1/4's but they played well non-the-less. when you guys start taking football seriously, and stop calling it soccer, i think the US will be a force to reckon with. hopefully in time for brazil 2014 because i'll be there to watch !

I think US played decently. It was a tough and even game, and if US would have won, they wouldn't have stolen anything.
I just hope Brazil won't win this one, because the next one is likely to be theirs.

The US soccer team lacks two things, a solid defense and mental toughness. Coming out and giving up goals in 3 of their 4 matches' first 15 minutes is a clear and egregious sign of nonchalance and not be mentally prepared for matches. The defense looks stronger than it really is because Howard is an excellent goalkeeper, though he didn't play well today. Maybe in four years we'll get the problems figured out. Bradley did a good job coaching, but he's got serious personnel issues:

1. Findlay is grossly overrated. Super fast... and that's it.
2. Clark plays too cocky and flashy, and today it burnt him badly. Poor decisionmaker.
3. The defense as a whole communicates poorly and doesn't close down on rushing strikers.

Hopefully there are some solid fullbacks coming up in the US system that will be ready in time for 2014. Until then...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sickbugs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">didnt think they'd make it to the 1/4's but they played well non-the-less. when you guys start taking football seriously, and stop calling it soccer, i think the US will be a force to reckon with. hopefully in time for brazil 2014 because i'll be there to watch ! </div></div>

Uh, yeah. I still don't care about soccer. Third world nation stuff like malaria.

thats ok, the rest of the world is quite content that you dont care about soccer, actually, we dont care much about soccer either
wink.gif
football however, the beautiful game?? that we care about !!! team USA has great potential.. i wonder how many players from select clubs will be moving to the states this year.