• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Used halo lr50

XP1K

Private
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2017
Texas
Need some input. My brother is looking at a used halo lr 50mm. He found it on ebay but the seller is less than an hour away. He contacted the guy and he agreed to sell it in a face to face cash deal this afternoon for $5,800.

Sounds like a decent deal to me but I don't deal in these things that much. What does everyone else think ? Not sure how much time is on it or what kind of shape it's in.

Good price pending condition, age, and whether it has the latest software update (save him a couple weeks having to send it in). I recently purchased a like new used one that is a little over a year old for $6k. During my search they seemed to run $5800-$6200…..and I saw a couple of the first year units showing use and wear posted for less. Being able to inspect prior to purchase makes it a no risk dealio.

The only thing that really matters from the performance standpoint is any possible damage to the objective lens. You may want to confirm that the coating is good and not scratched too much. Everything else is pretty much cosmetics.

Reactions: BamaSE
Seems like the price is pretty fair then. Thanks for the input. Will check on the software update when we get to look at it.

My brother ended up buying it. I wasn't crazy about the deal but it's his money so...

Guy said the unit was only a month old. He has all trijicon stuff and bought the halo to use as a spotter. Ended up not using it as much as he thought so he sold it. Unit was in like new shape.

Why I say I wasn't crazy about the deal is because all my brother got was the unit. Not sure what all comes with a new one but I assume you get a case, some cables and a manual. He took it on good faith that the guy is going to mail it to him next time he visits his ranch in South Texas. Supposedly that's where he left it.

If it’s in good condition sounds like a good deal to me.
The accessories like the battery pack and dvr aren’t too pricey