• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Using a shooting stick in a blind

jdmartin

Private
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2011
Tx
I use a shooting stick a lot at night hunting coyotes, so I carried mine to a deer stand a couple years ago planning to coyote hunt after I got out of my stand. While sitting in the stand it occurred to me that the stick might make it easier to shoot well out of a stand. If you find that long shots off of the window of a blind don't feel all that steady, try this trick.With the gun set up this way,you can position yourself so that your elbow rests against the side of the stand or in a window and the gun can be made very steady.Hopefully I can get the picture to post.
IMG_0066.jpg

Re: Using a shooting stick in a blind

I have a 4x4 blind and I cut a piece of 1x6 deck board to 52". Depending on the angle of the shot i can rest it on window sills opposite each other or place it diagonally resting on adjacent window sills. With my right elbow supported it is almost as steady as a shot from a bench.

Re: Using a shooting stick in a blind

Take a look at safari sticks. Two padded feet as opposed to one sharp point