• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Using the zero offset on the kestrel 5700..

mxer919

Private
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2009
TX, SE.
Howdy fellas,
Alright, I will admit. I'm computer stupid. I did manage to figure out the Kestrel and make fairly good use of it. I read LLs article on the zero offset feature, even went back and reviewed the original instructions.
Still not clear on what goes where, so I m asking for assistance from better brains than mine. So if in rifle number one I use hybrid 140s, zero at 100yds so point of aim equals point of impact. Then I switch to hornady 147 and my impact is say 2 inches low. Do I create a second rifle profile for the 147 grain round and input the 2 inches low in the zero offset window there? Or do I input in the 140 hybrid entry?
Thank you in advance for any clarification.
Tim.

Your on point. With a 147 gr profile created, input it 2" low. Only way to find out that it tracks is to shoot it.

Thank you. Kinda what I figured but glad you clarified that. Will be testing tomorrow...Will post my results. Hope it will help someone else too...

F145BCF1-2233-44D5-A1D2-3F2C54A788BD.pngYour on track what I do is say have a “master” profile for the rifle/scope/ammo combination that is actually zeroed, then I will create secondary profiles for the rifle/ammo combinations that aren’t actually zeroed (have the offsets) when I name them I usually do it like this here is an example from my Kilo 2400 App.....[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/www.snipershide.com\/shooting\/core\/webkit-fake-url:\/\/bbd1106a-1d1e-46d6-8756-dc165f503e51\/imagepng"}[/IMG2]

Last edited: