• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

USMC Commandant needs a shoulder to cry on

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA
    Comments are gold

54C224AA-2F42-43A5-BB26-C8C80FF90287.jpeg

Bet he has a nice warm clean bed and 3 hot meals a day not to mention multiple coffee breaks.

Marines during the island campaign in WWII laugh at this guy.

Half his evenings are at Gala DC receptions. He also has a house, with full staff and butler. An adjutant to do everything but wipe his ass.
    A Full office staff. A SM of the Marine Corps to do the real work. And a driver, a pilot and a personal jet.

If the schedule is not sustainable, immediately resign your commission and retire so a Marine can be Commandant.

Sirhr

He had better get a good gig with a defense manufacturer and never start his own business. If he’s bitching now he would never make it self employed.

He will be on every board imaginable…. That is unless we meme his ass into oblivion! ;-)

Internet tattoos last forever.

Sirhr

I have to ask about the big white elephant in the room.

How can he be both the "acting" and "assistant" Commandant?

Is that why he makes "plenty of money"?

Relax, he’s just saying that he needs more Chinese assistants to help him complete his daily duties.

It's pretty amazing that people are actually blaming Tubbs for the apparent inability of the marine corps to function without congress approving an appointment???? They could easily get the appointment by not trying to woke the military more and make us pay for it but thats beside the point.

Reactions: 308pirate

He is his own assistant, that's why the poor fella is so tired.

Always ordering himself around to do the bitch work. He doesn't appreciate the effort he is putting in for himself.

Reactions: BCP
    Between 1942 and 1945, the Marines suffered c19,500 killed. 5x or More wounded. Each Pacific D-day (and there were something like 200 of them) was a flurry of casualties.

Vandegrift had to run a war on the other side of the dateline. Coordinated with the Army and Navy. His own son was on Iwo Jima.

His Marine corps ran 24 x 7 and didn’t have computers, gala balls or amenities like jet travel.

Every day he woke up, He sent 14 marines to their deaths. He had to personally write hundreds of letters For officers and senior NCO’s who were killed.

He grew the marine corps in 3.5 years From 19000 officers and men to 475,000. Making sure they were trained, equipped and competent. Did I mention one of them was his own son?

And This guy is pissy because he doesn’t get enough sleep in peacetime?

Wow. Just wow. The top position ain’t easy. I get that. But he is the latest commandant after 20 years of high-operational-tempo overseas operations… in which Marines were being killed and wounded. And he is complaining.

Maybe Mattis needs to go tell him where the bear do doo’s in the woods and crack his head with a Pop Tart.

Sirhr

My pop was on the S.S Sante Fe' US NAVY- IWO

Ships list back and forth firing the big shells. There was a marine that was on their ship getting emergency surgery. (I don't remember how he got there). The Dr. Called the bridge to tell the captain "sir, you must stop firing for a minute for me to do this surgery and save this marines life". The marine was still contious and said "don't you stop firing one second on those damn japs sir". He did this knowing he would surely die ad a result.... and he did.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country

Tommy Tuberville is saying “If you got money to send troops on deployment to states that allow abortion….than you don’t need any more Colonels or flag officers."

When Turdburglar retired this guy became acting Commandant to go with his acting Marine personna.

Last edited:
    Just to complement this story…

Hearing at my old job.

Currently an Academy class started a Monday ago.

From 150 plus entered they are down to 93. Dehydration, quitting, complacency is taking attrition.

One fought the Trooper manning the front desk and was Section 12 to the local hospital.

Told 5 are on a hunger strike because they don’t like the food.

Good to know getting rid of me and those like me freed up space for better material.

Country is fucked.

Hearing at my old job.

From 150 plus entered they are down to 93. Dehydration, quitting, complacency is taking attrition.

One fought the Trooper manning the front desk and was Section 12 to the local hospital.

Good to know getting rid of me and those like me freed up space for better material.

Country is fucked.
    It’s a jacked up world when weakness is a virtue and discipline is evil.

Hearing at my old job.

Country is fucked.

Holy shit… that’s hilarious. Academy was a cakewalk!! Food was awesome and I didn’t have to cook it. Home weekends. Two to a room with nice beds.

And these fruitloops are Complaining?

Yeah, we lost our share. But damn… that’s hilarious!!!!

Bah hahahaha.

Sirhr

A glorified gym teacher who "respects the military" ties up 301+ promotions and ties up the 2024 budget. Way to go!

A glorified gym teacher who "respects the military" ties up 301+ promotions and ties up the 2024 budget. Way to go!

I'm with you, I support him 100%.

Tired of the roll over Republicans. Glad to finally see one do something.

Glad to see you and I are on the same page with this. Can't understand those people against him, guess they want DOD money being used for tranny story reading hour on ships.

I wouldn't exactly call the Commandant a glorified gym teacher but he is close.

Somebody with the balls to stand up to the madness that evolved from Obama's actions to "transform" our armed forces.

The fact that you don't fucking understand why Tuberville is doing what he is doing makes me seriously doubt your intelligence.

The woke culture in the military must be destroyed no matter the price to be paid.

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter - we need more freedom fighters so he can hold up all the promotions he can as long as he wants. Good to see at least one GOP politician acting like he represents his people.

Half his evenings are at Gala DC receptions. He also has a house, with full staff and butler. An adjutant to do everything but wipe his ass.
    A Full office staff. A SM of the Marine Corps to do the real work. And a driver, a pilot and a personal jet.

If the schedule is not sustainable, immediately resign your commission and retire so a Marine can be Commandant.

Sirhr

The officer corps has always been nobility but with America turning into a Banana Republic they're getting worse, just look at all the decorations and shit they come up with. And then they are all Democrats/Globalists, even Mattis. I thought he would stick it out under Trump like a patriot but nope, he cried uncle and quit.

Tough crowd. Everyone glossed over Gen Smith’s comment “Nobody should feel bad for me,” along with “I don’t mind breaking my own back,” Smith said. “It’s just, I have to make good decisions.” The article continued…

He said he made a similar schedule work while he was deployed to Iraq in 2004 and 2005 and Afghanistan in 2011, but he was much younger then.

“Working on five hours of sleep over periods of time, there will be sloppiness,” said Smith, who is in his late fifties.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says adults should get at least seven hours of sleep per night. In recent years, Marine leaders, including Smith, have emphasized the need for Marines to get enough sleep.

So I ask, how many of you are serving in your 50’s and actually seeing the demands the DOD is putting on senior leadership? In WWII our leaders were waging a world war where the entire country was mobilized for the cause, now most people (even in the military) only care about what they want… and the military is unfortunately at the forefront of social change (yet again). Mission readiness is not the primary goal anymore, if you’re a leader that cares about the mission and the service members, it’s got to be exhausting working under this administration. Everyone is against you.

I’m sure I’ll get some snarky shots from some of you, but that‘s fine, it’s the bear pit… For the curious, I’m 53, have deployed a few times in a few different airframes, answer to everything but sir, and I’m a year out of a deployment to the middle east ( I do despise that place). Still flying nights and still training the next generation of Army Aviators. This shit ain‘t easy.

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
    Tough crowd. Everyone glossed over Gen Smith’s comment “Nobody should feel bad for me,” along with “I don’t mind breaking my own back,” Smith said. “It’s just, I have to make good decisions.” The article continued…

He said he made a similar schedule work while he was deployed to Iraq in 2004 and 2005 and Afghanistan in 2011, but he was much younger then.

“Working on five hours of sleep over periods of time, there will be sloppiness,” said Smith, who is in his late fifties.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says adults should get at least seven hours of sleep per night. In recent years, Marine leaders, including Smith, have emphasized the need for Marines to get enough sleep.

So I ask, how many of you are serving in your 50’s and actually seeing the demands the DOD is putting on senior leadership? In WWII our leaders were waging a world war where the entire country was mobilized for the cause, now most people (even in the military) only care about what they want… and the military is unfortunately at the forefront of social change (yet again). Mission readiness is not the primary goal anymore, if you’re a leader that cares about the mission and the service members, it’s got to be exhausting working under this administration. Everyone is against you.

I’m sure I’ll get some snarky shots from some of you, but that‘s fine, it’s the bear pit… For the curious, I’m 53, have deployed a few times in a few different airframes, answer to everything but sir, and I’m a year out of a deployment to the middle east ( I do despise that place). Still flying nights and still training the next generation of Army Aviators. This shit ain‘t easy.
    I say this in all sincerity, thank you so much for your service to this country. I know you have had to make many sacrifices in your personal life to do so too.

As far as Gen. Smith goes, I appreciate his service as well but he should just do his job instead of taking the time to make a political, yes, political statement to put the pressure on a certain Senator who is holding up his help because of the Pentagon's decision regarding travel pay for abortions.

One more thing:

iu