• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes USMC M110 Clone correct scope rings?

sgtkmk

Private
Minuteman
Nov 27, 2013
Hello I am building a USMC M110 Clone. I am having a hard time locking in the last few correct parts. This is what I have so far:

KAC SR 25 ECR
M110 flash hider
M110 KAC URX rails
KAC Taupe rail covers
KAC Taupe pistol grip
KAC M110 buttstock
KAC rifle length buffer tube, buffer and spring
KAC flip up 300-600 rear BUIS
correct Harris Bipod
TIS Sling
KAC M110 gas block is on order

I am having trouble confirming what the correct USMC scope rings are and the correct optic.

Am I missing anything? Is the KAC charging handle that came with the ECR correct? Can anyone direct me to the correct source for this information?

Thanks in advance,
I will of course post pics when its together.

Reactions: para1505
thanks for the reply, just a google search shows USMC using a two piece mount and what looks like a Schmidt and Bender as the SSDS. trying to lock down what rings and scope is being used.

Find a marine base. Get the phone listing.. Call the Armory and ask them what the options they have are.

Pretty sure the rings are Badger Ordnance 306-76 SASR rings and the optic is a Premier Heritage 3-15X50 with single turn 22 mil knob and Gen II reticle. It's out of production though so any out there are on the secondary market. The Tangent Theta 315P are an evolution of the PH 3-15 but not adopted by the military as far as I know.

Yep, they roll with the same scopes as the M40s. The Premier and the S&B. And if I had to put a number on it, 75% are using the Premiers and 25% use the S&Bs.

They intentionally take receipt of the package from KAC, or whomever procures them on their behalf, without the scopes and they are installed by the USMC.

Yep, they roll with the same scopes as the M40s. The Premier and the S&B. And if I had to put a number on it, 75% are using the Premiers and 25% use the S&Bs.

They intentionally take receipt of the package from KAC, or whomever procures them on their behalf, without the scopes and they are installed by the USMC.

thank you! is the charging handle on my rifle "correct" or is something else being used?

No, that charging handle is not the issued one. That will be a very tough part to locate. Yours will work and most people won't notice though. A PRI is more like what you need.

And to answer your question on the rings, they are the Badger Ordnance SASR rings.

Yep. Totally get it. Right now I’m building a Mk11 Mod2, so I’ve had to do research myself. It certainly streamlines it if you can find info from one or a couple places versus scouring everywhere and finding small tidbits here and there.

Yep. Totally get it. Right now I’m building a Mk11 Mod2, so I’ve had to do research myself. It certainly streamlines it if you can find info from one or a couple places versus scouring everywhere and finding small tidbits here and there.

Learn something here every time I read. It is one of the great things about this forum. Always learning. Bits of wisdom sometimes, but learning always. There is another online forum where everyone claims to be an expert, but mostly not. Here, expertise is around every corner. :sneaky:

I know the USMC had used a lot of Premier and S&B's, but did not know they used Badger rings on the M110. Your Mod2 is a bit of an outlier. Probably issued for 4 months. That was a Mk11 with a M110 barrel in black. Right? I have a couple of customers ordering that barrel.

Learn something here every time I read. It is one of the great things about this forum. Always learning. Bits of wisdom sometimes, but learning always. There is another online forum where everyone claims to be an expert, but mostly not. Here, expertise is around every corner. :sneaky:

Funny, on that other forum you’ve basically been outed as a sham.

I know the USMC had used a lot of Premier and S&B's, but did not know they used Badger rings on the M110. Your Mod2 is a bit of an outlier. Probably issued for 4 months. That was a Mk11 with a M110 barrel in black. Right? I have a couple of customers ordering that barrel.
False. The Mk11 Mod 2 is basically the Navy's M110 with a Nightforce instead of Leupold.....ironic that you would comment on expertise in this forum and then spread wrong information....and then make a plug that you're selling barrels.

Are you Frank4guns from arfcom?

Last edited:
$5 says he is. Frank / John / Mark / Devon ALL EQUAL Longshot2000 / barrelnutz / Frank4guns.

For those that don't know, there are several threads on ARFcom about this guy / group of guys. One username already got banned for shady shit, another username got called out for shady shit. Plenty of drama to go around on multiple forums.

They all link back to Charlies Custom Clones, who are "experts at military correct rifles", or at least they think they are.

Yes the rings are the Badger Ordnance SASR rings. The M110s are supposed to issued with the Premier 3-15, however a lot of rifles had S&Bs for various reasons, usually due to Premiers being deadlined and surplus of S&Bs, or swapping them out to be put on the M40 or SASR.

Also, as of 2016, stocks were getting swapped out to the Magpul PSR. And as far as the charging handle, it is just a standard charging handle, no extended lever, though there was a gas groove on the rear of the charging handle.

Yeah the charging handle is the same in idea as a PRI Gasbuster, but of a KAC design. The regular charging handle seen on SR25s is different. You can tell by how tall, or how thick, it is.

A regular CH is flat across the bottom. A Mk11/M110 charging handle is About twice as thick on the sides and same thickness in the middle.

Here you can see that it’s different.
DACA3AC1-324E-4FAC-A3BD-1B9B0D274AEA.jpeg

what about the BUIS? is the same one that was used on the M4,M4A1,M16A4?

Just shot ours a few days ago. Premier 3-15x50 and actually has old school Larue QD 20MOA Unimount on it. Be interesting to know the story of how that happened but I sure don’t know it.

Reactions: USMCsean
Just shot ours a few days ago. Premier 3-15x50 and actually has old school Larue QD 20MOA Unimount on it. Be interesting to know the story of how that happened but I sure don’t know it.

Likely that the unit bought them independently. I've seen lots of Larue mounts and bipods on USMC rifles.

I guess a Mk11 Mod2 is what I'm doing also? Is that not what the USMC calls the M110?

I am awaiting a couple pics, but I may have mistakenly called the USMC version the Mk11 Mod2. A few reasons being, they had Mk11 Mod0s and Mod1s issued to them. The logical assumption is then to think they got the. Mod 2, also. But maybe they just went to the full fledged M110, with a few alterations from the Army style of M110.

I am awaiting a couple pics, but I may have mistakenly called the USMC version the Mk11 Mod2. A few reasons being, they had Mk11 Mod0s and Mod1s issued to them. The logical assumption is then to think they got the. Mod 2, also. But maybe they just went to the full fledged M110, with a few alterations from the Army style of M110.

Exactly. That's what I'm trying to narrow down also.

I attached this document that started my question of, am I actually building m110 or a mk11 mod2...?

Attachments

• m110.pdf
    6.3 MB · Views: 81
Exactly. That's what I'm trying to narrow down also.

I attached this document that started my question of, am I actually building m110 or a mk11 mod2...?

It looks like the army version was m110, USMC mk 11 mod 2...but not sure.

The Navy lowers are engraved "MK11 Mod 2." What do the USMC lowers say?

Very interesting thread. I was told by Knights the Rifles Marked with Titusville armament FL USA v manufacturing co are sort of rare when it comes to MK11 MOD O as that M110 is Marked above and my rifle is marked

I thought the usmc MK11 MOD1 where MOD O rifles with Army M110 upper rushed into service . I don’t know how true that is or anything about MOD2

FYI I put the M110 scope mount on for a bit as have it but that not the rings that come with the rifle the last pi have the real rings

Not if that helps but there you

Cheers

Will

Here is my Lady

Attachments

• 25321CDA-84A4-4473-BDFF-4F4883D4DB35.jpeg
    25321CDA-84A4-4473-BDFF-4F4883D4DB35.jpeg
    900.4 KB · Views: 232
  • F4236181-E4A2-4CEE-A9CA-A78C857A9D87.jpeg
    F4236181-E4A2-4CEE-A9CA-A78C857A9D87.jpeg
    414.7 KB · Views: 139
  • 18BA490A-C06C-4A80-A1A6-75563A30B021.jpeg
    18BA490A-C06C-4A80-A1A6-75563A30B021.jpeg
    930.2 KB · Views: 95
  • 47777095-2EFA-45CB-A7E7-3C5CDFCDCD44.jpeg
    47777095-2EFA-45CB-A7E7-3C5CDFCDCD44.jpeg
    514.9 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Thank for all the help on this guys. What is the "correct sling" that came with the USMC kit on the M110? If anybody knows what the sling was, the bonus question is what hardware was used, swivels, QD? the picture attached may be helpful? thanks all. Semper Fi.

Attachments

• m110 sling..JPG
    m110 sling..JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 121