• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

USMS 1903 springfield sights

rojo

Private
Minuteman
Jan 7, 2009
howdy .i posted this on another section of the forum and they sugested I post here , so let me try here .
can some tell me more or post a picture of 1903 springfield USMC sights ?
I recentlyhave been told about them , but have never seen a set, rojo

Re: USMS 1903 springfield sights

If you Google Bill Bentz USMC sights, You should find a pic. I have a set on my '03 Springfield, worth every penny. I'll try to find a pic of mine but I'm deployed right now

M1903sight6-26-2012.jpg

M1903sightc6-26-2012.jpg

I just inherited this M1903 from my father.
He got a marksmanship badge with one in 1944, so in 1946 he bought one from Sears and Roebuck for $39.95. It was manufactured in 1931.

Here are some pictures of Bill's USMC sight, worth every penny.
03rearsights.jpg

USMC sight is on left
03sightsfront.jpg

Here is just the USMC rear peep
03usmcrearsight.jpg

They really do give you a better sight picture, the Battle sight is a little better with the wider front sight blade, hope this helps.

great pictures , how are the USMC sights with us guys with faiding eye sight ??
man thanks, rojo

Better, I have great far away eye sight but wear Bi-Focal glasses to read, that means seeing the front sight post clearly can be a challenge. A friend found an eye doctor who is a shooter and flipped his prescription so the close up lenses are at the top for shooting. I have worn reading glasses off the shelf type and that helps too. My story is similar to yours, my USMC 03 I inherited from my uncle, a WW2 USMC vet, he claimed it was 7 numbers off the one he carried on Bougenville, said he almost shit himself when he got it so was so close in numbers. it had the original cut down "C" stock so I replaced it with one from CMP. I'm very happy with it and was planing on shooting it at Camp Perry this year but have a new job and no vacation so maybe next year.

hi army dog , please tell me more about your stock , my 1903 currently has a scant and I am not happy with it ,can you post a picture ??

rojo

Yes as soon as I can, I also received yesterday from CMP the "S" finger grove stock for my WW1 1918 M1903 Springfield. Look and fit is pretty good but still have some work to do on that to get it right. I swapped out the hand guard on my "C" stock for an original with the WW2 "straight cut" for the windage knob the one supplied had the "Round cut out". I still have some fitting on it too, a few minuets with some sand paper should get the hand guard fitting better then a light over all sanding and a few coats of linseed oil and I should be good to go.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rojo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hi army dog , please tell me more about your stock , my 1903 currently has a scant and I am not happy with it ,can you post a picture ??

rojo </div></div>
Here is a picture of the two CMP stocks bottom and tow original stocks, the bottom rifle is my 1942 Remington 03 with CMP "C" stock, nest up is my 1918 Springfield 03 with finger grove CMP stock, above that is an original 03A3 with original "C" stock and on top is a project 03A3 with Keystone scant stock marked "OG".
03Rifles1.jpg

another,
03Rifles3.jpg

and one of the CMP cartouche
CMPCatrouch.jpg

Let me know is you need any others.