• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes USO Anti-cant Device

GardDog

LT
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2009
New Orleans
After upgrading my primary rig with the Atlas V8, it became necessary to search for an anti-cant device. I checked around and decided on the US Optics 30mm Hinged version. I ran it through dry fire, packed it in the Storm case and ran it through a range day. I was pleased that it held plum and gave me a split-second, weak eye peek method of verifying level, prior to firing. It worked for me to mount it on the left side, just behind the rear ring. As a bonus, I caught it on sale from Smiling Larry at MidwayUSA. The negative comments on the bubble not being plum with the mounting ring, to me, was moot if you sync the USO bubble being level with the scope level.

Crappy iphone photos:

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0380.jpg

Re: USO Anti-cant Device

Ive got one too...I have seen complaints by a few that its not a true level or that its off cant? I like mine and Ive never had a problem with it...Also what is level? level the scope to the level and everything will come out level...

+1 I also use this and level my scope to my base and everything has been spot on

I got the cheap B-square one from midway.

You get what you pay for. The mounting clamp is way undersized for a picatinny rail and consequently the unit ends up not being level with the rail or the scope.

I'll pick up a USO next time I'm working up an order. I figured it would be junk when I ordered it but hey.....it was only $15 or so.

+1 on the USO unit. I got one with my 5-25 T-Pal and think it's a great little piece of kit. As most of my shooting is <300 yds... maybe it's not something I 'need'. But I like it and recommend it for those shooting to long ranges.

Cheers,

Sirhr.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 58MOD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got the cheap B-square one from midway. The mounting clamp is way undersized for a picatinny rail and consequently the unit ends up not being level with the rail or the scope. </div></div>

If the rail you are mounting it too has the channel machined out, such as the Badger or standard EGW, the level has no support. If you place a spacer under the level inside the channel, it makes it to where the level is actually level with the rail when tightened.

The EGW HD rail is solid across the slots, and allows the level to remain supported. Just a little FYI.

DK

USO is now offering an internal bubble level for new scopes, and will also install them in existing USO scopes.
Viewable internally, this sounds like a great option!

Of course, it will be built to last like their other offerings.

If I were not tight on cash, both my scopes would be going back for this re-fit.

oh wow, im going to have to have the internal level installed on my sn3 if i still can. i tend to cant my rifle a bit from time to time and it would be nice not having to take my eye off the target to check that im not canting. i think thats awesome!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rafael</div><div class="ubbcode-body">USO is now offering an internal bubble level for new scopes, and will also install them in existing USO scopes.
Viewable internally, this sounds like a great option!</div></div>

Sounds like a Springfield Armory Gen. III
erzzm8.jpg

I've got a couple of these and never really felt that the internal was that great of a feature beyond mounting and even in the SA GENIII it isn't as easy to see as the manual makes it out to be. I've been trying to get a picture of it and it won't show up.

I got to use one a few years back and liked the internal level but not the SA scope. SA reliability/quality is questionable.

I like an internal level, but never saw it as an option on a scope I wanted, until now.

Out of the SA optics, the Gen III is certainly their best and the model with the least issues but that wasn't my point. My point is that USO is going to be doing something now that has been done several years before and not many people (to borrow your line) saw it as a option that they wanted, until now.

The comparison that I'm drawing isn't between the optics or their quality - USO wins that hands down - but between the common denominator, the internal bubble level being present.

The fact that no one made one other than SA, before now, means little to me.
Maybe some might be put off by the slight reduction in FOV, but internal is certainly preferred by me.

I think it is a nice option.