• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes USO Clarity

beanland

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2008
Oklahoma
Just got a USO sn-3 3.2-17. This scope just does not seem as clear as my nightforces. Just can't seem to get it very clear at 100 yds. Has anybody found this or is it just me?

Re: USO Clarity

Did you adjust it? Not that my NF are bad but the glass on mine aren't as good as my SN3s

Yes, i focused the eye piece for the crosshairs and i adjusted the parallax. Does not matter how i adjust it. It just does not get very clear.

The SN-3 3.2-17 has an adjustable parallax on the objective along with the focus. Since it's one of USO's longer scopes (rangewise) I'd figure the parallax was set to longer than 100 yards before it came into your hands.

First one I got a couple years ago had the same problem. When I compared it to my NF's the clarity just wasn't there. Sent it back and they had to replace the front objective and a few other parts. Jeff was a big help in getting this squared away. Good luck.

When you sent your USO in for warranty work who paid the shipping? It just cost me 39.00 to send my 3-17 back for a fleck on the lens. Just wondering if they usually pick up the shipping. Hell I guess if you afford the scope you can afford the shipping. Just thats 8 rounds for my 338:)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: radmcg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">for a fleck on the lens.</div></div>

Just smack it against a phone book.

I have a hard time getting a sharp picture and it being parallax free at 100yds with my SN3 3.2-17 Ergo. I wear prescription lenses, so I think it has to do with my diopter adjustment not jiving with the parallax setting. If I use the objective to get the sharpest image possible (still not as sharp as I would expect it to be) there is parallax, and when the parallax is gone (right on the 100 mark by the way) the image isn't crisp enough.

ALL scopes do that to me. i can adjust them for parallax or clarity, but not both. the lower power scopes seem to have less problems in this regard, but i have learned that zero parallax trumps perfect clarity. maybe i'm ready for glasses.

sobrbiker883, Funny you should mention that problem of getting the scope focused. I have the same problem with several of my scopes but not the 2 USO's. On my NF's and IOR's its just a little bit off in focusing when the parallax is spot on. I'm near sighted plus up there in age also so I figure that it must be my eyes as other people that use my scopes don't mention the problem. Anybody else out there have this focusing/parallax problem?

On my 8-32 NXS, if the focus is clear, I can move my head around a bit and it's off just a tiny bit. Of course when I adjust to where the cross stays put it's a bit fuzzy.

I have heard this before with some of these scopes, but I agree parallax free trumps a tiny bit of clarity but I also tried to adjust the eyepiece to compensate to no avail.

I'll give you a NF for it...
laugh.gif

my eyes are all kinds of busted (astigmatism/nearsighted). i wear contacts usually but am gonna have to switch to glasses for allergy season. my Rx in either form always seems to be interrupting the clarity of my (gasp) leupold.

i get the best clarity with fresh contacts and eyedrops, always hard to account for the biological element in precision shooting.

maybe i should have USO make me some Rx shooting glasses...

I have a 1.5-6 and it is crystal clear...no paralax adjustment and brightness is incredible. I can only hope my 3.2-17 shows up in similar fashion.

I sent back a SN-3, 3.2-17 ergo a few weeks ago (just before the clean room up grade) as it would "flash" from clear to fuzzy and back. First time it happened thought it was me then decided it was the scope. Eventually got to the point it wouldn't clear up at any range. Will see what it was when repaired.