• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes USO Reticle options

Just Macca

Mealteam 6
Minuteman
May 13, 2013
Australia
Hi all,
I will soon be purchasing a ST-10 TPAL and was after suggestions on which reticle you would reccomend.
It will obviously be a fixed 10 power that I'll be using on a .308 to shoot all kinds of targets and game from 100-1000m. Mil scale only. Thanks for your input. Regards,
Lachlan.

I went with the GAP in my 3.2-17X. It's basic and functional, with 1/2 mil increments.

I went with this same scope, partly because that was what was available, but also because it suited me --had it come with an H58 or H59, I probably wouldn't have bought it regardless of the other bells and whistles (TPAL, SN-3, 3.2-17x, push-button illum.). But turns out it is the perfect scope for me, reticle and all. And I got a good deal on a scope that was LNIB from a member, second scope I bought on here, both LNIB.

What can I really say about the GAP reticle? Simple, thin (no dots) easy to use. It's real popular. I like it a lot better than a mil dot, but would have still preferred more "range" on the reticle, something like the RDP mil. Check that one out if you like the GAP. However, for the rifle it went on, a 6.5G, the GAP was more than sufficient.

But that Gen2XR looks nice too, I'd just have to know how well those holds would work for me before I got one. I guess it depends on what you want it for, well, in your case how much of one vs. the other you'll use it for.

I went with this same scope, partly because that was what was available, but also because it suited me --had it come with an H58 or H59, I probably wouldn't have bought it regardless of the other bells and whistles (TPAL, SN-3, 3.2-17x, push-button illum.). But turns out it is the perfect scope for me, reticle and all. And I got a good deal on a scope that was LNIB from a member, second scope I bought on here, both LNIB.

What can I really say about the GAP reticle? Simple, thin (no dots) easy to use. It's real popular. I like it a lot better than a mil dot, but would have still preferred more "range" on the reticle, something like the RDP mil. Check that one out if you like the GAP. However, for the rifle it went on, a 6.5G, the GAP was more than sufficient.

But that Gen2XR looks nice too, I'd just have to know how well those holds would work for me before I got one. I guess it depends on what you want it for, well, in your case how much of one vs. the other you'll use it for.

Really appreciate the input guys.
So the GAP is fine enough on 10 power for 800-1000yds?
And I don't see the GEN 2XR offered on the ST-10?

Macca,
You are right. I looked on USO's site and they do not offer the Gen2XR in the fixed 10 power. I know you can get that reticle in other models but I guess not this one.

Really appreciate the input guys.
So the GAP is fine enough on 10 power for 800-1000yds?
And I don't see the GEN 2XR offered on the ST-10?

I would say the gap is the choice then. The gen 2 xr is the best reticle that they currently offer, but I understand if you can't get it on the st10. Too bad USO doesn't still offer the Caprc reticle. That one was the ultimate in my opinion.

Get the GAP or MPR. Have had both and both work very well.