• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes USO SN3 T-Pal 35mm tube pics?

pklin1297

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2008
Fontana, CA
Hello all,

Can someone share pics of their USO SN3 with 35mm tube and 44mm objective bell? I've only found pics of 35mm tube with 58mm bells so far, am curious how the first combo looks. Thanks.

Re: USO SN3 T-Pal 35mm tube pics?

Any SN3 with 35mm or 34mm tube looks more proportionate than with 30mm.

IMHO USO's larger scopes (SN3's) look anorexic with the 30mm tubes.

I tend to agree USMCj. Just don't see one with 35mm tubes often so can't get a real feel on how "proportionate" they are.
smile.gif

Pete, dont be scared of the 58mm objective!
wink.gif

5-25X TPAL 35mike mike with the 58 objective and loving it once I read (really read Step 2) the EREK instructions. Becky knows Im a dumb ass now but hopefully she hasnt told anyone else about my phone call. did I say that out loud?

dsc02718r.jpg

my favorite rig/ scope

get the 35mm. i have two of them. robust!

rd243.jpg

35mm SN3 T-pal R+D .243win

I will learn to accept the 58mm objective...
smile.gif
I'm sure that has a light-gathering advantage over the 44mm, but I still like the 35mm + 44mm combo better.
smile.gif

Anyone else with USO with 35mm tubes? Please share pics. I'm sure there are more out there.

Also anyone with T-Pal, and windage knob on the left of the scope instead of the normal right?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SoCalPete</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also anyone with T-Pal, and windage knob on the left of the scope instead of the normal right? </div></div>

I have one coming. Should be any time now. Left windage, but 30mm tube.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brand692</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SoCalPete</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also anyone with T-Pal, and windage knob on the left of the scope instead of the normal right? </div></div>

I have one coming. Should be any time now. Left windage, but 30mm tube. </div></div>

If it wasnt for Shot show, I would have my SN3 right about now also
frown.gif

Better to have your scope in the pipeline to be build before SHOT than after SHOT. I have a feeling John and company will have their hands full with the crowds this year, as was with previous years, and not just because the USO girls will be there either.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SoCalPete</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Better to have your scope in the pipeline to be build before SHOT than after SHOT. I have a feeling John and company will have their hands full with the crowds this year, as was with previous years, and not just because the USO girls will be there either.
laugh.gif

</div></div>

Mine was ordered 6 months ago, I thought it would be done before Shot.

Nope just a mil/mil SN3 3.8-22x58mm w/35mm tube.

Was at USO yesterday just visiting during lunch and chatting with Arnold and Jeff. I asked Jeff if he had a sample scope there with 35mm tubes and he showed me a T-pal with 35mm tube and 44mm objective... That thing is huge in person! Definitely very stout piece of glass...
smile.gif

Yup! USO is about the only scope you can use to beat the crap out of someone and then still be able to mount it and shoot groups
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pete, dont be scared of the 58mm objective!
wink.gif
</div></div>
That's like saying don't be scared of clowns - Impossible!

Yeah I saw one with 58mm objective, can't tell if I am scared or envious...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
44mm will be just fine for me.

When I first got my SN3 3.8-22 30mm tube, 44mm objective, I picked it up and held it like a baseball bat instinctively, maybe USO could market them as stand-alone deadly weapons.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SoCalPete</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah I saw one with 58mm objective, can't tell if I am scared or envious...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
44mm will be just fine for me.

When I first got my SN3 3.8-22 30mm tube, 44mm objective, I picked it up and held it like a baseball bat instinctively, <span style="font-weight: bold">maybe USO could market them as stand-alone deadly weapons.
smile.gif
</span></div></div>

Bite your toungue Pete before Kalifornia politicians write up a 10 day wait law on USO scopes. You know how bored they are!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SoCalPete</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hello all,

Can someone share pics of their USO SN3 with 35mm tube and 44mm objective bell? I've only found pics of 35mm tube with 58mm bells so far, am curious how the first combo looks. Thanks.
</div></div>
<span style="font-weight: bold">Here are some of my former 35mm tube, 44mm ERGO (Low Profile) SN-3 w/LH US#3 M40 Windage knob:</span>

A3G8x62.jpg

A3G8x63.jpg

OPS2TiBaseSeekinsRings.jpg

SN-33.217XLHWindage2.jpg

SN-33.217XLHWindage1.jpg

SN-3LHWindage2.jpg

SN-3LHWindage1.jpg

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SoCalPete</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...Also anyone with T-Pal, and windage knob on the left of the scope instead of the normal right? </div></div>
I don't have any T-PAL photos with LH Windage, but here are a few of a buddy's 35mm tube, 44mm objective T-PAL w/RH US#3 M40 Windage knob:

img0046np0.jpg

img0044jf7.jpg

img0043nh7.jpg

img0042oj4.jpg

img0052vf2.jpg

Keith

Great looking setups guys! Thank you all very much for posting the pics.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems an extended rail may be required for the T-Pal scopes because the center section is longer and will limit the mounting position if you use a non-extended rail?

Also, it seems the 35mm scopes are mounted higher due to the diameter of the tube, so what is the closest to the barrel you can get, with maybe a #7 or even a MTU profiled 308 barrel, with the lowest rings currently available on the market for 35mm rings, in your experience? Not sure whose rings are lower, USO or Seekins. Who else makes rings for 35mm?

Thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Bite your toungue Pete before Kalifornia politicians write up a 10 day wait law on USO scopes. You know how bored they are! </div></div>

Yeah I know, if they're nice about it they can list it as curios & relic, then I can use my 03 FFL and COE combo to get it without the 10-day wait. But we're getting ahead of ourselves.
smile.gif
If need be, I am sure an USO can perform that "duty" admirably...
laugh.gif

This doesn't directly apply(its a 58mm obj, 44mm would be about 1/4" higher), but its a 35mm tubed TPal on an EGW 20moa base with VTac low rings, Rock Creek M24/40 contour barrel. Vtac lows are ~.938" from rail to centerline, Seekins low 35mm are .950", USO XL's are 1.000" (Vtacs were the lowest 35mm I could find). YMMV depending upon your base dimensions as well, some are higher than others......
733e4d1e.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This doesn't directly apply(its a 58mm obj, 44mm would be about 1/4" higher), but its a 35mm tubed TPal on an EGW 20moa base with VTac low rings, Rock Creek M24/40 contour barrel. Vtac lows are ~.938" from rail to centerline, Seekins low 35mm are .950", USO XL's are 1.000" (Vtacs were the lowest 35mm I could find). YMMV depending upon your base dimensions as well, some are higher than others......
733e4d1e.jpg

</div></div>

that looks just fine, even if it is 1/4" higher with the 44mm objective. So many choices out there. I was planning to stick with Seekins base and USO rings, but that may get a bit high if I don't get a stock with adjustable cheek.

I remember reading a post where the OP posted ring/base combos and their heights to use on different barrel profiles. My search skills are weakened right now, does anyone know what post I'm talking about?