• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes USO spotter case for $20

AlabamaShooter

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2008
West Central Alabama: Tuscaloosa
I was crusin the local gunshow last weekend and stumbled across this little surplus case. It was a sealed tube container for a military telescope and even has foam rubber at each end.
DSC00767.jpg

And thought to myself "That just might hold my USO spotter"
I got it home and eyeballed it and it looked real close
smile.gif

DSC00766.jpg

So I fooled around with the spotter and VOILA! It fits!
DSC00769.jpg

(NOTE: the USO spotter <span style="text-decoration: underline">can not</span> have the sunshade or flip cap on the objective to fit in this case. The eyepiece flipcap can stay on it.)

It works for me so far, just thought I might share and give an option to those looking for a different and inexpensive method of carrying/protecting their USO spotter.

Now to see if SierraWiskey can stitch me up a nylon sling/molle system to hang it off a pack for easy transport.
wink.gif

Re: USO spotter case for $20

USO spotters cannot be broken, and therefore need no protection.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kombar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">USO spotters cannot be broken, and therefore need no protection.</div></div>
chuck.jpg
he couldn't agree more

I like it when we see things and think to ourselves, "you know that might work for x". I like it even better when it fits and works! (Normally my guesses fall about 3mm short, lol)

ps bamashooter, congrats to Alabama and Mark Ingram on the Heisman, and ROLL TIDE!

Too bad the glass sucks so bad. Biggest, most expensive piece of shit scope I have ever owned.