• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes USO st-10 problem

dt00083

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2010
U.S.
I bought a USO st-10 mounted it on my rem 700 308, torqued the rings to 15 inch pounds. I shot it for the first time today, shot 30 rounds. Got home and looked though the scope and noticed the reticle moved, the top of the reticle is at the 1 o clock position. I know the scope did not move because I cant twist it in the rings.

Any ideas before I call USO in the morning.

Thanks

Re: USO st-10 problem

call USo and get it fixed, they will take good care of ya.

I don't think It was like that when I was shooting. I'm pretty sure I would have noticed that.

Answered my question before I could clarify...are you going to try and shoot it again and see what happens?

The bullet impact changed a small amount but I thought it was because the barrel was hot. I was thinking about re aligning the scope so the reticle is strait up and down and go out and shoot it. the turrets will be cocked, it seem like a wast of time. I wont be able to shoot it tell this weekend or the next.

"I wont be able to shoot it tell this weekend or the next."

Yeah...that means it is a good time to mail it back to USO. They should turn it around pretty quick.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dt00083</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I don't think It was like that when I was shooting. I'm pretty sure I would have noticed that. </div></div>

I had cheapo scope whit that kind of problem and i didnt notice it while i was shooting. It took me a while to figure out what was wrong.
My shots were all over the place and then i notice that reticle was canted (even when scope/rifle were gtg). Reticle did move after every shot. This was about 5-7 years ago.

Bottom line: its not easy to notice it while shooting.

Again, the question is posed to the OP-

What became of your complaint? It sounds like a mounting issue from th elimited info given, but if it was inside the scope what happened to the rest of the story?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sickeness</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ummm wow, where are you getting that it was a mounting issue? The poster said that if he had the reticle lined up straight, the turrets would be crooked so it is obviously a canted reticle.

Please excuse my trolling but:
Gee I wonder what kind of responses this topic would have garnered if the scope in question was a Leupold? Its so easy to sweep issues under the rug and dismiss them when its a "popular" company like USO. </div></div>

I was thinking the same thing.
Shit happens.

Still nice glass and I am sure they will take care of it.

Ummm wow, I missed the "the turrets would be crooked part" and was going from the "can't move it in the rings".
Nobody's sweeping anything anywhere-if you notice I resurrected the thread from last month to hopefully see what the problem turned out to be. I haven't heard of a USO's reticle canting after being shot and was curious.
If you are insinuating that my preference for USO scopes leads me to think that they are without fault you are mistaken. One of the guys I shoot with finally got his much anticipated SN3 and the parallax was jacked. What I DO like about USO is that I emailed the owner of the company and got something to have him check that took a minute and now it probably won't need to be returned.

Did you miss this part of my post like I missed some of the OP's, or is it in fact "trolling" (your words not mine) you are up to?
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">, but if it was inside the scope what happened to the rest of the story? </div></div>

Maybe you need Lasik Eye Surgery so your eyes dont screw with you..JK, call USO they'll fix your shit and get you taken care of quick, thats why I own two of their scopes cuz their CS is the Shit

Oh, and when USO starts telling people that complain of cant that a certain number of degrees off is within their spec and they aren't going to do anything for them, trust me-they won't be "popular" in my book either.
I imagine it gets lonely in the tiny part of the population that is unhappy with their USO experience, but you don't to go to lengths to read intent into my question.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> One of the guys I shoot with finally got his much anticipated SN3 and the parallax was jacked. What I DO like about USO is that I emailed the owner of the company and got something to have him check that took a minute and now it probably won't need to be returned.

</div></div>

As a disclosure item, my buddy's scope wasn't a quick fix and on its way back to Brea.

Would still like to hear dt00083's outcome for posterity (good or bad sicko).