• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes USO ST-10 TPAL issue

hondo1312

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 8, 2011
Wichita, KS
I have an ST-10 TPAL less than 1 year old and the parallax knob won't turn through its full range of motion. I have sent an email to USO asking for help, but thought the collective intelligence of the Hide could offer up some troubleshooting tips in the meantime.

Thanks in advance!

Got a reply from Becky about checking the torque on the front rings...I remounted the scope and the parallax knob moves freely. If it occurs again I will send it in.

Thanks!

Got a reply from Becky about checking the torque on the front rings...I remounted the scope and the parallax knob moves freely. If it occurs again I will send it in.

Thanks!

That will do it. If you over tighten the front ring, it distorts the tube enough to bind the internals.

They were torqued to 18 in-lbs with a Borka; I re-installed at 15 in-lbs. I also turned the top half of the front badger ring around 180 degrees; it seemed to fit a little better. Hopefully this takes care of it.