• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes USO ST-10 - which windage knob?

TAC308

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2010
Smyrna, GA
I'm about to order a USO ST-10 and would like to know your opinion on which windage knob I should go with - US #1 M40, US #3 M40??

My build so far is as follows:

1. ERGO
2. EREK 1/10 mil
3. US #1 M40 1/10 mil
4. Mil GAP Reticle
5. Lit Reticle (Red)

Please let me know your thoughts!

Thanks!

Re: USO ST-10 - which windage knob?

EREK for elevation a standard one and a screw on cap for windage. Set the windage, screw the cap on and forget it.

Good luck

I'm in agreement with the "set the windage, screw the cap on and forget it" part.

Which knob would you recommend though?

Does the US #3 have more finite adjustment over the US #1??

I agree. I have the US #1 windage knob on most of my USO's. That is the only one that will accomodate a screw on hard cap. If you are planning on holding for wind, you dont ever need to worry about windage knob being inadvertently moved while handling rifle

Ahh, never mind.

The US #1 WILL accept a screw on dust cover and a US #1 M40 or US #3 will NOT...

So, your advice on a "standard" knob is well taken sir!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steeldinger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree. I have the US #1 windage knob on most of my USO's. That is the only one that will accomodate a screw on hard cap. If you are planning on holding for wind, you dont ever need to worry about windage knob being inadvertently moved while handling rifle </div></div>

Point taken. I do plan to hold over for wind...